Poll

Do you hate zombie ravens?

Yes.
- 10 (62.5%)
No.
- 6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Bloodhalls - vampire succession game - Ravens... Why did it have to be ravens?  (Read 13581 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Court - succession game - Poll for last minute descisions
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:28 pm »

Mod the raws!
Great job on the reaction, burrow restrictions will help even more! Can I be a metalworker?

A metalworker? Any kind in particular or just a smith of all trades?

Also for reference I modded in vampire bats, which are kobold sized and trainable, wolves are available on embark and we have access to large crows that can be trained to hunt (they're still very small, just larger than normal crows are).

EDIT: Also, because of how the vampirification process works it is possible to make vampire animals with it, so a pack of vampire war wolves is a possibility. A dangerous one for the mortals, but a possibility nevertheless.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:43:13 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:18 pm »

Weaponsmith-armorsmith, using his vampiric strength to force metal to his will.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 07:06:29 pm »

Well, that gives us 3 starting vampires as Sarrak wanted to be a butcher/axeman and we've got plenty of votes on the embark location. So we're making an aboveground human fortress in an evil volcano. How very Dr. Evil.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 08:50:16 pm »

I've genned a large world, extra volcanoes and tons of civs from fortress defence. Annoyingly there is exactly one place that is both evil and has a volcano, and resources are scarce there. Goblinite and trade will however be more than sufficient I feel. I think it's a reanimating biome though, so there may be... difficulties with keeping the mortals alive.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 01:49:58 am »

I've embarked. 5x5 embark with a volcano in the center. Going to build the beginnings of a castle over the volcano itself. Will build some refuges for mortals outside it. Will post an update and write the story for the forts founding in the OP in a little while.

EDIT: Heh, fun times are ahead for this fort. In addition to zombies we get thralls from passing smoke clouds.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:56:12 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 03:20:24 am »

Journal of Grim, Coven Lord of the Violent Council

Spring of the year 51

We have arrived at our new home. Cademgatshi Tomca Ura. This will be a good place to establish a fresh start for our coven. I have set the servants to scout out the lands around the volcano's peak in search of stone with which to fashion a castle. My coven kin and I must attend to our animals. Their purpose spent I flung the yaks that drew our wagon here into the reeking maw of the volcano. Our wolves, bats and crows are being gathered around our stockpiles to keep watch for interlopers. Brother Wolf, the coven's smith, has been fussing about the potential uses for the lava that bubbles and seethes not far from where I stand, Sister Sarruk has been sharpening her collection of knives and weighing an axe in her hand. She says this place bears the stench of death, I am forced to concur, there is an unmistakable aura in this place, one that resonates with my very soul.

Our arrival
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our vampires (pre-vampirification)

I have told our vassals to quarry some Rhyolite from a nearby cliff to construct our castle with, we shall build it over the fury of the volcano itself. They hurried to be about their task, they know better than to cross me. Already I can see some returning, dragging boulders with them.

Cursed fools and cowards! Our servants scattered in fear at the approach of a few undead kiwi birds and skunks! Wretched mortals, the wolves and I dispatched the mindless creatures and got our similarly mindless mortals back to work. Work on our castle must be done in haste, for such things are vital to my continued tolerance of the wretched humans. I detest the near constant rain that falls here.

Delays and damnation! Several of our animals were badly hurt by undead ravens! Ravens! The weak beasts soon rose from the dead to join their former tormentors, I returned them to the graves embrace and had them flung into the volcano. Our remaining animals, two crows and a wolf, are all in bad shape. The wolf is losing blood rapidly and flickering in and out of consciousness even now. I'll fling the wretch into the lava to save time.

CURSED MORTALS AND THEIR WEAKNESS! One of the miners was killed when a raven latched on to his throat! He rose from the grave and proceeded to murder two of the other mortals in their beds! I cut each down in turn and flung their useless carcasses into the molten rock lest they delay the last workers labour. If our castle is to be built with any speed I fear we may have to join him in his tasks. As it is we are nearly at the end of Spring and have not yet even completed the entrance hall!

Castle progress

A strange cloud of smoke has been drifting through the lower hills. It's a deep dark colour, and it radiates power. I find this curious. Though this lands dangers delay my desires I can't help but wonder at the potential of this place. A crow was caught up in the drifting clouds, I approached to exam it and saw it did not breath, nor did it bleed. It was not troubled by the raven flocks nor by my presence. Most curious. It was neither dead nor alive, but not like the ravens or I. Very curious indeed.

Crow Thrall

I'm near the end of spring, we're down to four humans, three vampires and one mortal. I've got some progress made on building a castle. Turns out we get huskifying clouds of smoke in addition to normal zombies, so this is a Fun little place for the non-vampires. All the animals I brought are dead and were incinerated in the volcano, with the exception of our crows, one of which is now a named zombie, the other is a husk. I decided that in the absence of other workers I'd make the vampires pitch in for now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:29:28 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Court - human succession game - Now running - Damn Zombies!
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 03:36:03 am »

Ahem... I wonder how the cloud would work on vampires. Would they transform? would they attack other vampires?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 03:41:54 am »

Ahem... I wonder how the cloud would work on vampires. Would they transform? would they attack other vampires?

I think vampires are immune to the cloud itself but I don't know for sure, I'm not really willing to test that, it would make them stupid strong if it did work on them, my vampire is already 'nearly unbreakable' for example, imagine him getting the +x that thralls get. Since thralls are opposed to life and vampires are non-living they shouldn't be aggressive to one another though.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 06:22:43 am »

I think vampires are immune to the cloud itself but I don't know for sure, I'm not really willing to test that, it would make them stupid strong if it did work on them, my vampire is already 'nearly unbreakable' for example, imagine him getting the +x that thralls get. Since thralls are opposed to life and vampires are non-living they shouldn't be aggressive to one another though.
Cloud syndrome:
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:vile fog sickness]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vile fog husk:vile fog husks:vile fog husk:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:STERILE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKES_FIGHTING:MISCHIEVOUS:START:0]
Vampires remain their CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON, so I guess they can be entralled.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2013, 07:27:14 am »

Requesting a humanising, if possible.  :) "Gecko" is a vampire war veteran and undercover vampire hunter/huntress who realised that the only to stop the the vampiric theat is becoming a vampire himself/herself and destoying their lore from inside. Any gender or profession is fine.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:29:36 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2013, 09:21:43 am »

I'll take a... Human.  Any will do.  And I'll sign up for a turn.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2013, 01:08:36 pm »

I would also like to get humanized.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 02:21:07 pm »

Cloud syndrome:
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:vile fog sickness]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vile fog husk:vile fog husks:vile fog husk:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:STERILE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKES_FIGHTING:MISCHIEVOUS:START:0]
Vampires remain their CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON, so I guess they can be entralled.

I could try to test it using an animal I suppose.

As for the humanizing and vampire requests, I'll get those handled with the next migrant wave.

EDIT: Grimmash and Proto, just to clarify do you want to be mortals or vampires?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:36:51 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2013, 03:52:56 pm »

Could you bring me in as human, then vamp me for some arbitrary, and hopefully entertaining reason?  If that is too hard, just vamp me.  I'm thinking psychotic character for this game, preferably in the military at some point.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2013, 04:45:12 pm »

So many damn raven corpses...

I've lost all but two people from the first migrant wave, granted 5 of the eight of them were children, but still. None seemed suitable for vampires, but I'm hitting a problem with getting work done in the form of raven flocks, they just swoop down and four or five gang up on a human and savage them until they pass out and then they rip up the throat.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11