Poll

Do you hate zombie ravens?

Yes.
- 10 (62.5%)
No.
- 6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Bloodhalls - vampire succession game - Ravens... Why did it have to be ravens?  (Read 13436 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodhalls - vampire succession game - Mortals need not apply
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:42 pm »

Monitor, can write your dwarf a little bit?  I would like to use him in third person for the beginning of the turn I am writing.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

Monitor, can write your dwarf a little bit?I would like to use him in third person for the beginning of the turn I am writing.

Sure thing. As I've mentioned already, she is an undercover vampire hunter. During the Vampire War her home fortress was overrun by bloodsuckers. Seeking for revenge and killing vampires, she learned about a new fortress estabilished by some noble called Grim. Soon she found out that Grim, a former member of High Counsil, was an ancient vampire lord willing to organize a refuge for bloodsuckers. Her initial plan was to win his trust by becoming a vampire herself and then to ruin his plans by bringing the whole castle down right into the lava. But, at first, she wants to gather there as many vampires as possible.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2014, 04:23:28 pm »

Monitor, can write your dwarf a little bit?I would like to use him in third person for the beginning of the turn I am writing.

Sure thing. As I've mentioned already, she is an undercover vampire hunter. During the Vampire War her home fortress was overrun by bloodsuckers. Seeking for revenge and killing vampires, she learned about a new fortress estabilished by some noble called Grim. Soon she found out that Grim, a former member of High Counsil, was an ancient vampire lord willing to organize a refuge for bloodsuckers. Her initial plan was to win his trust by becoming a vampire herself and then to ruin his plans by bringing the whole castle down right into the lava. But, at first, she wants to gather there as many vampires as possible.

Pity I'm not just looking for existing vampires but also actively making more.  :)

That and the fact that this landscape more or less needs vampires. Kind of annoys me that we have flying vermin filth attacking so often, if it keeps up the way it did on my turn we may need to make the ravens go 'poof' with a little RAWs altering. Anyone like exploding zombie ravens?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2014, 06:24:18 pm »

Oooh oooh, I do, I do! I like when ravens do *BoomBoom*  ;)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2014, 06:33:09 pm »

I suppose that should my turn roll around and no migrants survive, I could, ahem, arrange that. Bullshit it as an act of some dark power or something.

The thirst is becoming unbearable.

No cattle have survived the journey here, and the only locals have no blood to drink. I can feel it clawing at my mind, driving me into a frenzy. My mind is playing tricks, trying to convince me that the others of my clan will prove more tasty than mortals, but I will stand by my captain to the end.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:36:29 pm by 4maskwolf »

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2014, 11:26:51 pm »

Rurik, if you are still reading, how did you solve the gloss stone error?  I can't get the save to load...

Edit:  I have tried to open the save with normal DF, amd two versions of LNP, and neither work.  I get the same error Rurik got in every version.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2014, 10:12:21 am »

I can't work out why it shouldn't be working, keep us posted on the solution in case other people get this problem later.

In my considerations of ways to alter the RAWs to make this a tad more productive an embark I'm considering a few things.

Altering the frequency tag of ravens to try and stop the damn things appearing, if that fails then making them boil on arrival, though that would push the deadlist up rapidly.

Altering the knapping reaction and a stone we don't have in the embark to let us make ghouls. Like vampires but with no skill gain, no skill rust, no blood sucking and worse stats rather than better ones. Since they'd be undead they wouldn't get attacked. Would also work for combat servants rather than having to use random vampires for it. Would also let us freeze legendary workers at that skill level.

Altering a different reaction, I'm sure I can pick one without too much difficulty, and another spare rock type to make a working version of a sedative. Make humans immune, chain a prisoner by an altar, run the reaction and one gas cloud later you have snoozing invaders to snack on.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2014, 03:04:49 pm »

On loading the save, no luck so far.  I PM'd Rurik to see if he did anything besides just updating the LNP.   If I can't get it to work by tomorrow, I'd say let 4maskwolf take the next turn.  I'll just write my story into that.  I like it, so I hope we can keep the story going at least.

I'll post tomorrow after work with whatever ends up happening.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2014, 03:47:12 pm »

I downloaded it to try it and had no problems once I'd gotten past the issue of needing to download a program to unzip it. Damn bitzipper trials.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2014, 05:57:36 pm »

Huh.  Redownloaded, and it worked.  Do not merge graphics, if you are a LNP user.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2014, 06:14:03 pm »

Huh.  Redownloaded, and it worked.  Do not merge graphics, if you are a LNP user.

Ah good, watch out for ravens.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »

So, um, that vampire reaction.  Does it overwrite and transform anything nearby?  Like, it's a rock that boils away into a vapor?  I might try to revamp (ha ha) Grim to get his ass up and running.  Trying to do anything with only 1 usable vamp, the other two in the militia, is a royal pain in the arse.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2014, 07:57:57 pm »

Yes it's a rock that boils. Any living creature nearby can become a vampire. I don't think it would do anything to a current vampire but I may be mistaken. Though you can make vampire horses if the mood should take you.

You could also put the militia into civilian mode and make them work. Or use force migrants to haul in some expendable bodies to do stuff with.

EDIT: I think part of the problem with Grim is that there isn't anyone to tend his wounds so he can't get treated. He himself was serving as the medic and trying to nurse the mortals through raven inflicted wounds before they all died as I recall. Not sure if letting the other vamps in to the room with him will result in them feeding on him or not since he's technically asleep.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:07:31 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2014, 09:19:22 pm »

Well, using a vamp reaction by a wounded vamp does nothing.

In other news, how do we feel about "enthralling" some members of the trade caravan?  The trader that came is a vampire, so I think it kinda fits...

Slaves!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2014, 09:36:33 pm »

At the moment I'm fine with any methods of increasing our population that can be done.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11