Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22550 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2013, 03:51:21 pm »

Unfair fights kinda take the point out of vengeance.

Unless you're just doing it for basic catharsis, I guess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2013, 03:55:49 pm »

after the sleep-powder, suckerpunch and gust both missing and then even fire punch not being able to kill it, basicaly any revenge on Vivillon is fair game.

*has not forgotten how hard Vivillon took her own team apart*

That damn combination of compound eyes and sleep powder, it's the work of witches I tell you!*angry fist shaking*
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »

after the sleep-powder, suckerpunch and gust both missing and then even fire punch not being able to kill it, basicaly any revenge on Vivillon is fair game.

*has not forgotten how hard Vivillon took her own team apart*

That damn combination of compound eyes and sleep powder, it's the work of witches I tell you!*angry fist shaking*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2013, 04:29:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That picture is brilliant
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »

I'll throw in a hidden power rock next bturn (if...I even find someone to put it on... :(...) just for this bug monstrosity!

On a different topic: sandstorm pattern is the best vivillon pattern.

Of course showdown will never bother to implement them, they didn't even implement both Gastrodon patterns
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2013, 04:46:10 pm »

What's even so special about Hidden Power? Just that it can give a weird-typed move to a Pokemon?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »

exactly. The key to winning the tournament is about counter-picking your obstacles, so you have an answer to enemies that would otherwise annihilate you.
When you see an enemy with a 4x weakness, it often pays out to suddenly have a suprising move that absolutely tears that enemy apart. If you ask me, the TM hidden power is one of the greater assets of the game - so beating the normal gym next round is rather important.

Note how HP works. It gives you an attack with a type that is determined by your EV spread, so once you have chosen a hidden power in this tournament (you can just chose in the creator, no need to manualy set your EVs), you have to stick with that type. On the long run, it might not be good to keep a moveslot for HP, but in early game it might be a lifesaver until something better rolls around. (or so i thought. The low damage against scraggy with HP fighting shows that it is not the answer to all problems).

But for example, imagine one of your pokemons that is under normal circumstances easily killed by Gastrodon. Now imagine that this mon had hidden power grass. Tables have turned. When used against 4X weaknesses, it's worth gold
It needs a strong special attacker to use it properly though. It is a shame there is no physical equivalent.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 04:57:29 pm by Akroma »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2013, 10:14:32 am »

just upadting the score

Gee, I sure hope things will speed at least up a bit before the inevitable christmas break

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2013, 08:20:28 pm »

Sorry, at my dad's, don't have any of my teams. :/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2013, 10:06:51 am »

rebuilding a team of just 2 mons takes not even a minute, but okay

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2013, 02:55:21 pm »

Sorry, but...all I have is my Ipad, really, and I've tried, but...it's christmas break though, so once I'm back at home I'll have time for the whole week to try to find you guys.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:55 am »

Well, that's good

what about MeimieFan88?

Haven#t heard from you in ages now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2013, 09:14:32 pm »

If I get enough time I'm not spending on the forums over the rest of the week, I'll be on Showdown.
Sig

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:03 pm »

Heya. I've been checking the thread and showdown every so often. I should be more available after Xmas.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »

Shocker.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31