Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22525 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2013, 06:22:38 pm »

Stupid ghost.

...Wait! I should have used Quick Attack to become immune to it! *facepalm*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2013, 06:24:13 pm »

Not sure you really had a good choice. If you become Normal you can't hit him either, but he has non-Ghost-type moves to hit you with. I'm actually surprised he used a Ghost-type move. *shrug*
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2013, 07:59:03 pm »

Crap. I think I lost the match between me and Kansa. I won. Barely. He used Icicle Crash(did 87%), I used Phantom Force, he used Powder Snow(useless since Phantom Force), then I killed him, and Life Orb put me down to 1 hp.

EDIT: Wait no I'm just stupid. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokebankoubeta-68541599
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:13:03 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2013, 08:02:23 pm »

Well, I can vouch for the report if that's helpful/necessary.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2013, 04:47:15 am »

Man, Shuppet sure has some dangerous egg-moves
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2013, 08:14:52 am »

Anyone around? I'll be in the channel for a little while.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2013, 09:46:50 am »

I'm on showdown now
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2013, 09:52:56 am »

I can be on.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2013, 10:14:04 am »

It took me a couple hours, but this is about as early as you're ever going to see me online. I'll try and be on for the next 8 hours or so, but I'm at work, so I'll probably be AFK for chunks of time.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2013, 10:27:19 am »

Problem is, everyone online already has doen their battles against one another. a shame we missed MeimieFan88

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2013, 03:37:15 pm »

Ear teeth

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

Sure, you can beat someone when you have a type advantage, but can you beat someone with a type advantage AND a near-perfect string of losses?

Apparently not. That was surprising.
Sig

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »

Ear teeth

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2013, 04:05:44 pm »

First favourable type match up for me

Sorry it was over so quickly Meimie
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2013, 04:10:30 pm »

It's amusing how fast those go past.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31