Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22522 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]
« Reply #390 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »

I see two different battle links.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 17, 2014, 05:12:33 pm »

Fixed, sorry.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2014, 05:16:19 am »

and back to the front page it goes

it would be a shame if thies died before we even built a full team
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 19, 2014, 06:55:58 am »

Well, I'm finaly writing up my RP for round 4. Sorry for being late with this one.

Paladin ventured out again, this time taking the path that went directly through the so-called "Penumbral" marsh. As he walked through, he saw that all the pokemon were running away from him for some reason. Moments later, a large Muk jumped out of the water, intent on attacking the intruder. Jut then, a Marshtomp appeared, apparently having some sort of conflict with the Muk. The two dueled, but realizing the Muk would eventually win, Paladin sent out one of his pokemon to help the Marshtomp. "Go Buddy. Use Extrasensory." The Muk quickly fell, and the Marshtomp, apparently grateful for being rescued allowed itself to be caught. While trudging through the swamps, the team spotted a small, shining rock. Approaching it, Buddy apparently absorbed all the energy in the rock, evolving into it's final form, Roserade.

Spoiler: New pokemon (click to show/hide)
Name: Paladin (Darkpaladin109)
Caught Pokemons: Rhino(Heracross),Electron (Manectric), Buddy (Budew), Marshall (Marshtomp)
Inventory: 6 Pokeballs, TM101: Megahorn, Life Orb, Bug Gem, TM18: Giga drain, HM05: Waterfall
Routes Traveled: Sankt Forest, Daycare Center,  Penumbral Marsh
Badges: Bug, Normal, Fighting

Yeah, that's about all that's needed, I think. I also taught Roserade Giga drain.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:08:11 am by darkpaladin109 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 19, 2014, 12:39:05 pm »

If you beat the bug gym, you didn't need to grab Megahorn as a TM.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2014, 12:40:10 pm »

If you beat the bug gym, you didn't need to grab Megahorn as a TM.
I took it when I started.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2014, 12:41:54 pm »

he grabbed it as his starting item, so he could mega-horn us in the from the first round. that decision might have got him some points he would have missed otherwise
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »

Hey Akroma, is there a way we could get a battle summary like you did for last round? Who needs to do which battles, etc?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2014, 07:31:49 am »

every box that has 3 or less checks is a battle. I am assuming that GWGs battles will no longer matter, as he has proclaimed the whole thing is no longer fun for him, and I respect that. As we are used to, the main delax factor this round is Meimiefan88, from whom I heared virtually nothing

Leaving GWG and Meimiefan out (though I hope Meimiefan will soon be avaiable again?), that leaves us as follows:

Akroma: Done with battles

DarkPaladin: has to fight UltraValican and Kansa

Rolepgeek: done with battles

Kansa: has to fight UltraValican and DarkPaladin

Bluerobin: done with battles

UltraValican: has to fight DarkPaladin and Kansa

that is of course all assuming that Meimiefan is not going to pop up anytime soon. I seriously hope he will return however

whatever Meimiefan88 does, I will start the next round a) as soon as the battles named above are done or b) as soon as the weekend rolls around, should the above battles not be done until then

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:01 am »

Cool, thanks for doing that!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2014, 01:01:28 am »

hey guys. sorry about the inactivity but i haven't had much motivation to play. should probably continue without me :/
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2014, 05:31:23 am »

nuuuuuuuuuuuu

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 26, 2014, 05:46:51 am »

Well, sorry for the delay, I was not at home all day yesterday.

Round 5

Add a 5th pokemon from the avaiable routes to your group. All your pokemon are now on level 50, and have 400 EVs invested. Add another Item of your choice to your inventory.

with GWG and MeimieFan88 gone, the scoreboard looks like this now

A whole lore more divided as before, as the previous victories over GWG and MeimieFan88 provided many players with precious points they now have to make up in much more difficult battles. But I am optimistic, as the tournament is still long, and without having to wait for the unmotivated, should also move a lot more quicker.

The gym leader of this round is Bluerobin, with a bunch of flying pokemon. 3 of the flying pokemon will be on level 50, the signature mon on level 55

I'll add something...somewhat less dangerous this round, to balance out Talonflame. I still hate this dam burd

I'll await you on showdown

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:09:16 am by Akroma »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 26, 2014, 01:15:28 pm »

Akroma continued her way underground, through the ancient dwarven mines under the volcano Mt.Vernier. Her journey would only become more and mroe difficult as she went, three of her rivals had already given their life. She needed power, and ancient dwarven legends spoke of horrors, older than the light of day, that haunted this endless expanse of caves.

And the legends did not lie...

Granberia...the dragon queen. Even among dragons, the powerful tyrants on top of the food chain, few could muster up the strength to face her...

Certainly not the flying gym

Bluerobin easily takes out Granberia, but Erubetie saves the day

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:31:20 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 26, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »

"Alright team, that was certainly an adventure, but I think it's time we just make our way to Quatown so I can see what job the gym leader there has to offer me. Now that I think about it, it's a little strange that he didn't tell me beforehand. I... probably should have asked." "Toge togetic." "Hey, you were there too, you could have said something before we left Nuit!"

And so Robin set out along the roads from Troix to Quatown, stopping to rest at towns along the way. As he passed the Iselen Foundry he stopped for a picnic. "This seems like a good place for a break today. There's even a pool for Ignatius. Let's have some lunch everyone."

It was a pleasant day and they were eating lunch and playing around a bit to relieve some stress, when suddenly a truck went careening by, the driver looking panicked and out of control. "Cuprum! Gyro Ball! Get in front of that truck and slow it down!" Curprum flew through the air, using the trucks speed to slingshot past and putting itself in the way. The truck was slowing down, but was still out of control, skidding back and forth before finally hitting a pot hole and tipping over. "Cuprum, use an Earthquake to ease the fall!" The truck slammed in to the ground, the back doors popping open and spilling pokeballs and cages across the road. Robin ran over to the truck, "Cuprum, you ok?" "Bronzoooonnnggg" "Good to hear. Geoffrey, help me get the driver's door open and make sure she's ok!"

The door opened easily, but the driver was bleeding from her head and seemed to be unconscious. "Oh no. Geoffrey, try a Wish, see if it'll bring her around. Lorraine, go get someone from the foundry to call an ambulance!" "Tic, tic, toge-"

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31