Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22533 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2014, 04:53:33 am »

yeah, pics come from google, sprites from various websites that were linked earlier. Heh, even updated earlier posts with pics, instead of sprites.

don't forget to post your charsheets guys

GWG, you don't need to pick mons on their base evolution level. Phantump evolves via trade, meaning in this game, on level 30, so you could have caught it fully evolved as a Trevenant. You may evolve it between battles if you want to.

I'd advise the same for Riolu, but it seems you are aiming at the nasty plot variant afterall. Good luck with that, only needs 2 TMs (dark pulse and flash canon), aura sphere is learned by lucario on level 51. godspeed
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:18:15 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2014, 11:57:37 am »

I'm sure I had a reason for doing that...

Angel headed through the swamp. It was a stinky, sticky place. And um...Yeah. She gets a new Pokemon. I'm not feeling inspired.

Angel Carlson (GreatWyrmGold)
Pokemon: Anura (Frogadier), Chroma (Kirlia), Rick (Riolu), Phantump
Inventory: 2 Leftover Lunch, Eviolite, 7 Pokeballs, Sitrus Berry, TM61: Will-O-Wisp, TM 99: Dazzling Gleam
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Forest, Swamp Thingy
Badges: Bug, Normal
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2014, 12:24:21 pm »

Well, as has been posted GWG has lost (or mostly lost) interest in the game. While he said he would continue until the end of the tournament, I don't wanna force a player who isn't having just to hang in there for everyone else.

So, unless GWG specificaly objects to being replaced, there is now an

open spot

Anyone who is interested may:

- Take over GWGs current team, inventory, gym and score, for easy access

or

- Do as Darkpaladin did and join with a new character. Paladin has shown that catching up with everyone can be done rather quickly actually, and bam, is now one of the top contestants.

if you make a new team, what I need from you is:

A name (optional)

first: choose a type for a gym you wish to run. once you reach the city you are assigned (since GWG is leaving, its the eight city), you will be given a bonus item, and access to all TMs and tutor moves of that type automaticaly

for round 1: a starter pokemon on level 10. this pokemon may not be traded and may never leave your party. It currently has no EVs invested, move restrictions can be seen in the first post, also, you have one item of choice (except a mega stone)

for round 2: add a second pokemon, based on one of the 3 avaiable routes (map in first post), your mons are now level 20, and have 100 EVs invested. also, add another item. challenge Kansa in the Bug gym for the chance to win a bonus item, and access to all bug TMs and tutor moves

for round 3: add a third pokemon, based on one of the 3 avaiable routes (map in first post), your mons are now level 30, and have 200 EVs invested. also, add another item. challenge Akroma in the Normal gym for the chance to win a bonus item, and access to all Normal TMs and tutor moves

for round 4: add a 4th pokemon, based on one of the 3 avaiable routes (map in first post), your mons are now level 40, and have 300 EVs invested. also, add another item. challenge DarkPaladin in the fighting gym for the chance to win a bonus item, and access to all fighting TMs and tutor move

keep track of what items you have, your mons and badges and routes traveled between rounds (compare with other charsheets)

the first post contains info on where we meet for battles
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2014, 02:53:03 pm »

I am posting here entirely to bug Bluerobin.

...probably. :P

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2014, 02:56:51 pm »

Hi Twi.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2014, 02:59:51 pm »

INFIDEL! YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORBIDDEN THREAD! YOU WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN THE LIGHT OF DAY!

that is to say, you must now join the pokemon league and take GWGs place. Or burn in the lava, your call

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2014, 03:03:29 pm »

Battle vs. Bluerobin, round 4
Went well enough for both of us, but Bluerobin won in the end.
Battle vs. Akroma, round 4
Yeah, it didn't go very well for me. It ended on 1-0 though, so it was still fairly close.
EDIT: Update coming tommorow, hopefully.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:06:01 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2014, 03:04:29 pm »

I again, apologize for the Talonflame. But in the end, it did exactly what I needed, so yeah, deals with the devil can at least on short term turn out good

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

H-uhh... hm.

I thought I had my gym all done since the beginning of the game, but for some reason it's a full team of 6 mons? I wonder what I was thinking. Also, did we change the rules so the gym teams are all the same level as the players?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:20 pm »

on lower levels, level advantage of gym mons would have made too much of a difference. As the tournament progresses, gyms will become more difficult

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »

Oh, also, I'm unreasonably excited to figure out which legendaries everyone has access to based on the paths we chose. I'm the only one that chose the Bellona Island ferry and no one chose Claret Cape, but the other paths have somewhat even distributions of being chosen, so there could be some interesting competition there.

Oh. Well I just re-read the rules and that's less cool than I thought. We just get to pick from what could be available in the paths we went down, like other paths.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:07:05 pm by Bluerobin »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:31 pm »

once round 6 comes, Culise will make the list of non-uber legendaries and their locations public

players may chose to not catch any pokemon in eulerre village, lake theoria or the frozen cavern, and use *one* pokeball in the scholars retreat instead, to catch a legendary from previously visited locations

from there on, legendaries on all future routes can be caught normaly

legendaries are unique, so if two people want the same one, lowest score choses first. if a tie in score, the one who lost most times against the other. if still a tie, first come, first serve

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:26 pm »

Ok, that's what I thought before I reread things. I guess I'm excited again?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31