Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22536 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2014, 02:20:18 pm »

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2014, 02:22:26 pm »

Whelp. Whatever I go with, it's definitely having stealth rock now. I was fairly sure before Talonfester showed up, but now it's certain.

Or so you think.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »

Oh, I have a Focus Sash up for trade. At this point I'll take pretty much anything.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

I might be willing to trade Earthquake for it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2014, 02:40:09 pm »

I'd be up for that.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2014, 02:49:39 pm »

just some flimsy rocks wont save you! muhahahaha.

that being said, I took Talonflame to deal with Paladin and Valican, I was less worried about your team...and so far, don't really benefit much from Talonflame against your team.

Note that the damage calculator sais that crabhammer, knock-off and even aqua-jet OHKO talonflame, while air gem boosted acrobatics does at best 94% damage to crawdaunt - without any defence investment on crawdaunts side. and focus sashes help a lot too. I think your team, in the entire game, is the one that has to fear talonflame the least.

anyway, if the trade is made with bluerobin, make sure to say clearly if it is official or not
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2014, 05:24:46 pm »

I wanna fight the gym first, and choose my poke(just in case I want it to learn E-quake, and such).

Speaking of which, I'm online now.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2014, 05:28:53 pm »

What was the Round 3 gym? And whose was it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2014, 06:07:34 pm »

I just noticed something. I haven't updated my EVs in forever. My Riolu had no EVs, and my other Pokemon had only 100 each.

Wow. I suck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:36 pm »

Alright. I think I can make the trade official, though I may want access to Earthquake again later Bluerobin. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:00 pm »

Sounds good! Official trade is officially traded.

Also, I pick a Damp Rock for my gym reward.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2014, 07:28:32 pm »

Oh, by the way, my own RP poke catching:

Destrinn was feeling good. He'd been catching up to the other trainers in the last few days, and doing fairly well in the battles he was constantly challenged to. At the moment, he was sneaking through some of the abandoned areas in a weird underground complex; he figured it was a laboratory or something run by the government. It wasn't all that difficult; Starpy was pretty good at keeping quiet and making sure no trouble got by, while Sheldon and Fluffy relaxed in their pokeballs. The tipped cabinets and weird fluids everywhere were kinda scary, though.

A few hours into it(this place was huge!....and easy to get lost in...), Destrinn though he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Turning, he didn't see anything.

But then, on the other side-! Nothing there. Sighing and chuckling nervously, the boy pushed on. Then, something fell. Something large and metallic. Things like that didn't just fall out of nowhere. He turned around hurriedly, and caught a glimpse of it. A tall, lean red creature, with metal wings and great pincers for hands, throwing off a refrigerator that had fallen on it.

Face blanching, the boy fumbled with his belt and threw out two pokeballs; Fluffy and Sheldon. "Sheldon, Aqua Jet! Fluffy, Thunder Fang!" But even as the hound started bounding forward, sparks falling from it's jaws, it was stopped short by an incredibly fast punch from the creature. Falling to her knees, Fluffy's cracked fangs discharged their might into the ground, even as the creature let Sheldon plow into it, smashing through a wall and several tables before being stopped; the crustacean's power was certainly a force to behold. But...the beast seemed barely slowed! It rose up, lifting Sheldon into the air with it, his tiny legs scrambling for purchase, before zooming back out of the room, Destrinn's companion in tow, making a sudden u-turn over Fluffy's unconscious form, and barreling straight towards the wall, throwing Sheldon into it with incredible force. The wall was essentially shattered, the dirt and rock behind it flying everywhere. As the great figure turned towards Destrinn, death written in it's eyes, a great zippered smile appeared behind it, and two half-seen hands began tearing at the creature, flying through it's body without leaving a mark; besides turning the red there to purple.

As the creature writhed while Starpy ripped at it again and again, Destrinn threw a pokeball. The beast must have recognized it, for upon seeing it, it scrambled to try to flee despite it's injuries, to no avail. It was caught.

Spoiler: Gone Horribly Right (click to show/hide)

But now it was okay. The creature, called a Scizor apparently, calmed down once Destrinn made it clear they didn't want to hurt it. Instead, Destrinn helped get rid of some of the modifications whoever worked down here had made to it, which were obviously causing the pokemon pain. "Well, as far as I can tell, you're a girl, so how about...Klerra?" "Sai zo sai!"

Spoiler: Redeemed Experiments (click to show/hide)

Klerra wins it for her new pals.
Aqua Jet ftw.
Sheldon is Baws.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:07:22 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2014, 07:49:20 pm »

Where do you guys find these pics?
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2014, 07:50:56 pm »

Where do you guys find these pics?
Google.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31