Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22537 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »

Me vs. RPG

If I had hit with HJK, I would have won. But I missed, a 10% chance. Argh!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2014, 05:34:55 pm »

Geeeeez so close.

Also, yay progress!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2014, 05:35:46 pm »

Battle vs. Rolepgeek, round 1
He came fairly close to OHKO'ing Heracross, so I guess that's worth mentioning.
Battle vs. Rolepgeek, round 2
Well, he won. Snubull is a good counter to my Heracross, apparently.
Battle vs. Rolepgeek, round 3
He won. Again, Granbull's easily counters Heracross, so I know what to think about getting next, at least.
Battle vs. Meimefan88, round 2
He took out Electrike, but that's about all there is to say about the match.
Battle vs. Meimefan88, round 3
Now this match was more interesting than the previous one. He managed to take out two of my mons with his first one, then beat Heracross when effect spore put him to sleep right after he woke up from Vaporeon's yawn.
Well, that's pretty much all my battles for now, I think.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2014, 05:37:14 pm »

that has to be the most frustrating end to this ever

anyway, I'll update the score

you guys start thinking about your round 4 mon I guess, the round shall start tomorrow

edit: here we go

a shame UltraValican missed this
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:40:33 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2014, 05:55:22 pm »

Heheh. Worried, Akroma? :p

Hmmm. I would go with Scizor for my poke, but I don't see how I could justify it. I suppose it's metal, so the urban route would work. But that's a fourth physical attacker, when it's already a bit ridiculous. Bloody trick room not working with many special attackers. >.>
Glaceon might work. But at the same time, I'm wanting a good fast attacker so I can have someone outside of trick room. Hmmmm. This is difficult. Espeon would fit the bill well, if I wasn't worried about compounding my weaknesses to Dark and Ghost. Not being able to get legendaries puts a damper on things.
I could, of course, aim to be a dick and use Ditto. For the lulz. Or Slowbro; he's fairly good on Trick Room teams, as far as I know, though I already have a water type, and again it would compound my dark/ghost weakness, which i want to put off as long as possible. And of course, I'm away from water now so I sorta missed my chance.
Ampharos could possibly work well, though I get the feeling she NEEDS a mega-stone to be effective. Plus, I have no idea where she lives. Porygon2 could be fun to play around with, and fits well.
Reuniclus is certainly an option, or at least Duosion. Works well in Trick Room, good ability, only problem is the whole 'Hey look I'm still a psychic type'.
Weavile's definitely fast, but again, physical. Tangrowth would be hilarious to use as a mixed attacker(super bulky physically too, but I need a special tank...)
Aurorus would fit, give me stealth rock(presumably) and be quite fun, I think.

SO MANY OPTIONS
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »

I had many options, but there are players who keep defeating me almost effortlessly - that narrowed my choice for this round down.

for the next round, I am not worried at all. My next choice packs some serious punch
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »

Which set of paths do we have? The volcano, the ironworks, and the tunnel?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »

that's too far

this round you have the bridge, the jungle/swamp and the evil team labs

oh yeah, and darkpaladin, prepare your gym. 3 mons, 2 of them on level 37, and a signature mon on level 43
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:17:27 pm by Akroma »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2014, 06:05:59 am »

Alright

Round 4

This round, all your pokemon are on level 40, each of them have 300 EVs invested each. Add a 4th pokemon to your team, that makes sense in a swampy Jungle, an abandoned bridge above a river, or in a dense Urban setting, hosting evil laboratories.

Also, add one new Item to your inventory, you know the gist of it.

I'll await you in the art chatroom for the first battles

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2014, 07:00:14 am »

Having added Amphisbaena to her team, Akroma felt nearly invincible. Truely, there was no cure in this world for the illness that was Lilligant, the vampire at the pulse of the world. And so, the team made it's way across Avesta Bridge, heading towards the next challenge. Troix City was under the rule of a brutal tyrant, holding the city hostage under the iron fist of his fighting pokemon. The prophecy said that only a winged creature could withstand them, and the derelict towers of the bridge were rumored to be a nesting spot for birds of legends.

A thick mist was shrouding the path ahead, and eventhough it was risky, Akroma send out Alma Elma to scout ahead. Bugs might be in trouble against birds, but Alma Elmas speed would allow for an easy retreat, if in danger. Soon, a cry was heared, and the mist was brightened by a fiery glow from above.

"Alma Elma, retu-"

In an instant, Alma Elma fell victims to the claws of the attacker. Faster than the speed demon itself, even faster than the pokeballs return function. Fear filled Akroma, which caused the mistake of sending out the oh so powerful Amphisbaena too soon. She had barely materialized, as she already fell victims to the enemies beak...

"Th..this...Erubetie, show no mercy...the enemy shows none either..."

With a blinding flash, the bird fired up the flames in it's body, driving away the thick mist in an instant, revealing itself to the enemy before the final clash...

Spoiler: The new arrival (click to show/hide)

With the bird of fire, Akroma made her way to Troix City.
The Tyrant was destroyed in an instant

Too Lilligant for you?

-----------------------

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

I apologize to everyone except to my closest rivals for this addition to my team. I personality hate this pokemon, as it is pretty much centralizing the metagame as it is...but it was just what my team needs...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:21:44 am by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2014, 12:12:52 pm »

Robin entered the area of the jungle known as the Penumbral Marsh with the hope of finding a rare pokemon. If he could find something interesting he might be able to show off his breeding skills and kickstart his dream. After a few hours of tramping through the muck and the loss of a spare pair of shoes, he had almost given up hope. Then the fog thickened and he heard...
"Bells? Do the three of you hear a bell?" "Ten tentacruel." "Toge!" "You're right, let's go check it out. Be careful, though, this fog is really thick and I think it's starting to rain."

After another hour, the group slowly making their way towards the sound, a large ruined pyramid loomed ahead of them, half sunken in to the swamp.
"I think the sound's coming from the top. Let's go."

As they climbed the last of the stairs, a pokemon flew out of the mist toward Robin. Ignatius and Lorraine jumped in front, each taking part of the blow.
"Whoa! Thanks you two. Oh! It's a- Hmm, it won't help me with breeding, but it would be a great addition to the team. Let's capture it!"

Spoiler: Numbah four joins up! (click to show/hide)

"Everyone welcome Cuprum, I think he'll fit in nicely."

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
=======================================================

Round 4 loss against Akroma
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:54:03 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2014, 01:01:55 pm »

Azazel form for quite a while. Yangus didn't mind particular, but Azazel had began to feel jealous of the huge Enrico. He had been fighting with Yangus for quite a while. And it was finally about to pay off. Azazel began to jump up and down excitedly as he let the light of evolution envelope him.

Spoiler: Azazel's new groove (click to show/hide)

After an exciting morning, Yangus decided to descend into the old Team Mal building in search of valuable treasures or perhaps rare pokemon. He shifted through old lab reports, but found nothing of value.  Suddenly Yangus heard the sound of a generator powering back on and blowing out, and saw a something moving out of the corner of his eye. He turned around and saw a strange Pokemon. It looked like it should be have had moist skin, but it was completely dry. The Pokemon let out a strange rattle and lunged at him, Yangus managed to seize in his hands as they tumbled to the ground. Azazel, instinctively sensing his masters peril, released himself from his pokeball and delivered wicked bite on the assailants tail before flinging it off his master. Yangus drew his pokeball and tossed it at the strange organism.

Spoiler: Chili (click to show/hide)

Name: Yagnus
Pokemon: Azazel(Scrafty), Enrico(Nidoking), Puck(Gengar), Chili(Eelecktric)
Items: Leftovers, Lifeorv, Blacksludge, Expert Belt, Giga Drain
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »

Akroma finaly beats UltraValican

decisively too....damn...what powers have i unleashed with talonflame...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:12:22 pm by Bluerobin »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31