Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22539 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2014, 05:35:15 pm »

It has been made official

Akroma trades TM55: Scald with TM62: Acrobatics with GreatWyrmGold

edit: just saw Rolepgeek on showdown.

Kansa, GWG, an opportunity?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:09:18 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 05, 2014, 06:20:53 pm »

Aye, I'm on, and I should be for the next few hours. Might be a second to respond though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2014, 06:21:38 pm »

Kansa vanished before I reappeared.

RPG...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation[currently accepting 1 more player]
« Reply #303 on: January 05, 2014, 06:25:46 pm »

which reminds me, as you may see in the discussion following one of roleps replays, Snubbull is equiped with a rule breaking move, play rough. As long as nobody voices an objection, it's fine, but anyone who can prove via replay that this made rolep win a battle that could have gone otherwise can at any time call for a rematch on this
If you don't need to prove via replay to complain...I say RPG should be barred from using Play Rough until he could normally get it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:37 pm »

The Scald TM continues down the line. GWG and I traded Scald for Dazzling Gleam.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 05, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »

If I can't use Play Rough This round, I'm switching it for something else; I'm not going to just leave Granbull with 3 moves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »

That is perfectly acceptable.
EDIT: Can I change my mind? Not that the rematch would change anything...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:10:43 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2014, 04:11:06 am »

That is perfectly fine Rolepgeek, switch it for something else, and then properly learn it via level up later

edit:whoops, missed trick room

It shows a fundamental weakness that is still in GWGs team though: All the pokemon are rather frail. They rarely can take more than two hits, and certainly not one hit from a powerhouse like Crawdaunt.

Something with a lot of bulk might be needed for next round. Maybe along the lines of an Umbreon, perhaps Skarmory. Blissey and Ferrothorn come to mind too. Or even Mandibuzz, that is a nice one.

Of course with Blissey and Skarmory, you have to very carefully check wether the opponent is a special or a physical attacker. Skarmory can take special hits for shit, while Blissey struggles with physical attacks. Ferrothorn can, with proper investment, take both pretty well, so can Umbreon. Mandibuzz seems like a very solid choice too, but would probably need access to Toxic. I'm not gonna trade Toxic away until round 6 though...Then again, I'd run toxic on ANY of the above choices, except for Skarmory, and possibly Ferrothorn. Hmm, another rather bulky option would be the current OU favourite, that can be found in 23% of all teams - Rotom-W. That could be very useful. Of course, rotom-w learns almost no useful moves, it relies entirely on TM and tutor moves - you already have willowisp though, mand it learns hydropump upon formchange
If any of these interest you, I can PM you moveset ideas. Some planning is needed, as Lucario still needs a lot of items to be prepared.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:50:27 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2014, 10:31:21 am »

I'l be online for now, if anyone I still have to fight comes online. Should I switch Guts for Swarm, to make Heracross solightly less overpowered at this stage?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2014, 10:32:30 am »

you are not allowed to switch abilities

whatever happened to UltraValican and MeimieFan88?

are you guys still there?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:38:49 am by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 06, 2014, 10:46:07 am »

Just so the link doesn't get lost, Round 3 win vs. darkpaladin109.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46:56 am »

I'm on showdown, if any wants to fight me.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 06, 2014, 12:30:35 pm »

Vivillion strikes again

Fight against UltraVlaican

Fight against DarkPaladin

I know Darkpaladin said he would upload the second one but as I was posting UltraVlaican's I thought I might as well post it here.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 06, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »

very productive day. DarkPaladin has not posted the UltraValican battles yet, but I can say round 1 to Paladin, round 2 to valican, round 3 to paladin

once bluerobin is back to fight kansa, we will be down to 21 battles to go, which means 11 battles until round 4.

the vast majority to these is linked to Rolepgeek and MeimieFan88, who both have timezone issues, and appearantly a tight schedule, the rest of them are linked to GWG

GWG has four battles remaining that are not linked to MeimieFan and Rolep, against Valicanx2, Paladin and Kansa, so should these 4 get done before Rolepgeek and Miemiefan make any progress, I suppose we could move to round 4 as well, unless anyone objects

man, the field is getting a lot more closely packed together - and there are still so many rounds to go. And here I thought it would be again just a final between 3, and then 3 more in their own field. So many comebacks!

I can't wait to see what happens once Riolu evolves, gaining a huge statboost, possibly a lot of strong moves via TMs, and a ton of resistances with the steel types. longside something like Ferrothorn, that worked out very well for GWG last tournament (and still would - note the distinct lack of fire moves around), there is still a lot of room for a comeback from GWG.

Miemiefan88 is hard to judge, only so few battles are done yet, but it looks like the pokemon selection for round 4 should pack some serious firepower to catch up. Perhaps a rotom wash from the urban region, or a scizor from the jungle? A Trevenant with harvest and a subseed set can work wonders too.

this is getting exciting
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:51:19 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 06, 2014, 12:42:45 pm »

And a round 3 win against Kansa (aka "Behold the power of luck!"). I don't hold out too much hope, but I'm catching up in points!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:47:45 pm by Bluerobin »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31