Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22540 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation[currently accepting 1 more player]
« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2014, 05:16:47 am »

the bug gym is already taken, so are normal, flying, ice, grass, dragon and rock

gym positions are tied to normal positions, so if you are interested, you'll get both.

what I need:

Name:
Starter Pokemon: (level 10, no EVs invested, for move restrictions see the OP)
Starting Item: 9 Pokeballs and one more item of your choice, wether battle item or TM (move tutor moves may also be learned via TM, even if that move does not originaly exist as TM)
Gym type of choice:

you'll have some catching up to do in the battles, so I suggest you take a look at the round 2 teams and what has been revealed of our round 3 teams, and also built your round 2 and 3 teams already, so you can do 3 battles at a time when you meet someone on showdown.

for round 2, your pokemon are now level 20, and have 100EVs invested each. You may catch a pokemon one one of the three routes avaiable, as long as it makes sense to be found there, same level and with the same move restrictions as your main pokemon. You may add another item of your choice to your inventory.
- Kansa is the gym leader of that round, with bug type pokemon. If you defeat him, you gain: one bonus item of your choice, and access to ALL bug TMs and Tutor moves

for round 3, your pokemon are now level 30, and have 200EVs invested each. You may catch a pokemon one one of the three routes avaiable, as long as it makes sense to be found there, same level and with the same move restrictions as your main pokemon. You may add another item of your choice to your inventory.
- Akroma is the gym leader of that round, with normal type pokemon. If you defeat her, you gain: One bonus item of your choice, and access to ALL normal TMs and tutor moves

it's suggested you seek out the Gym leaders as soon as possible, as wether or not you gain bonus items(which could be TMs or tutor moves, not to mention all the moves of the type) could make a big difference in your pokemons movesets
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2014, 06:20:58 am »

Spoiler: "Panacea the Vaporeon" (click to show/hide)

Name: Z
Pokemon: Shruumish (Shroomish), Findy (Larvesta), Panacea (Vaporeon)
Items: Rocky Helmet, Life Orb, Leftovers
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2014, 06:33:32 am »

Alright.
Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How many pokemon do we get at the beggining?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:05:05 am by darkpaladin109 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2014, 06:37:49 am »

first round is one mon, then an additional one every round

yes, you may take the mega horn TM right from the beginning, no problem

I am awaiting you in the "art" chatroom on showdown for your first battle, and of course round 2 and 3 battles, should you have already decided on what mons to add in those rounds. Instructions on how to get there in the OP

and of course, meimiefan88 and your gym battle and round 3 battle
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:55:43 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2014, 06:46:30 am »

Edited score:

Hopefully GWG begins his round 3 battles soon, afterall he already did the gym, so the team should be ready

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:51 am »

How are our pokemon's natures selected?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2014, 07:31:28 am »

Alright I finished my battle with Akroma. Link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74825863
Rp stuff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is everything alright with the RP? Do I need to write anything else here?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2014, 07:35:03 am »

you don't *need* to post anything but the replays. the rp by the side just makes it nicer

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2014, 09:06:43 am »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:31:51 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2014, 10:41:49 am »

Alright, I'll be online for the next couple hours if Kansa, MeimieFan, or GWG are around!

Edit: Round 1 vs. darkpaladin (win for Bluerobin)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:08:28 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:50 pm »

Amphisbaena drains GWGs team of their boidly fluids, leaving only mummies behind

Akroma, Bluerobin, GWG and Darkpaladin are all online, perfect opportunity for battles. come on guys
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:21:12 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2014, 12:23:09 pm »

Normal gym battle
Special Prize: TM Aerobatics.

Battle vs. Akroma
The term "Flawless Defeat" comes to mind.

Round 1 vs. darkpaladin
That was fast, indeed.

Angel continued down the forest paths, looking for new Pokemon. She failed, but she did find a neat rock. She pocketed it. Continuing onwards, she found a lovely mansion, abandoned.
"Probably the location. It's pretty far from everything."
She entered, because of course the first thing you should do with old unmaintained buildings is enter them. She comes across all sorts of weird stuff...
"Rio!"
"No, I'm not interested in going there. Oh, a Pokemon!"
Chroma quickly subdued the little, blue, canine-like Pokemon. Angel decided it would make a good addition to her team and gave it the rock.

She went onward, dreaming a bit about the numerous Pokemon who knocked Anura out time and time again when she was just a Froakie. Her new team of three beat the Bug Gym, and prepared to beat everyone else.
So far, it wasn't looking that way...

Angel Carlson (GreatWyrmGold)
Pokemon: Anura (Frogadier), Chroma (Kirlia), Rick (Riolu)
Inventory: 2 Leftover Lunch, Eviolite, 7 Pokeballs, TM61: Will-O-Wisp, TM62: Aerobatics
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Forest
Badges: Bug, Normal
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2014, 12:25:34 pm »

oho, rare GWG RP. yay

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2014, 12:30:37 pm »

It's pretty demoralizing to RP defeat after defeat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31