Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22542 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation[currently accepting 1 more player]
« Reply #240 on: January 01, 2014, 11:26:43 am »

200 evs each. And of course, one new item.

I'll gladly await you for the gym battle

(also guys get it on, round 3 wheeen?)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:28:42 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 01, 2014, 12:20:22 pm »

Level 30, right?
How many EVs?
Can Heal Pulse affect the user?
Heal Pulse does not affect the user, unfortunately. 

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 01, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »

Alright, I'll be on Showdown for a few hours off and on.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 01, 2014, 12:38:03 pm »

BTW Rolepgeek, can you please post item information etc so I can update your sheet?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 01, 2014, 01:02:55 pm »

I have not yet decided on my item from the normal gym battle. I grabbed a leftovers for round 3, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 01, 2014, 01:03:33 pm »

I'm gonna grab an eviolite instead of the black sludge for my gym reward.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 01, 2014, 08:02:02 pm »

Double post, but just wanted to say that I'll be online for the next couple hours if MeimieFan88 or Rolepgeek are around.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2014, 08:42:31 am »

I'm on now if anyone's around...

Flying types are OP! well against me anyway
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:49:37 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2014, 01:06:19 pm »

Since GWG isn't posting it

enjoy your normal badge. Please post your charsheet with the new pokemon, the new item for the round, and the bonus item you won by beating the gym, so I can update
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:17:27 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2014, 02:35:43 pm »

I should be on for another 4 hours or so, doing random battles with Akroma periodically.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2014, 03:42:46 pm »

Alright, enough battles got done, thus

ROUND 3

haha, a familiar picture, there seems to be a clear bracket that is very closely tied at the top and at the bottom

add to your team, if you haven't already:

1 new mon that can be found in one of the 3 avaiable routes
1 new item of your choice
your mons are now level 30
each of them has 200 EVs invested

Akroma is gym leader with the normal gym. beating her gives you one bonus item, and access to all normal TMs and Tutor moves

bring it for round 3 gents

which reminds me, as you may see in the discussion following one of roleps replays, Snubbull is equiped with a rule breaking move, play rough. As long as nobody voices an objection, it's fine, but anyone who can prove via replay that this made rolep win a battle that could have gone otherwise can at any time call for a rematch on this

I sure hope MeimieFan88 can soon catch up on all the missing battles, as well as Ultravalican and GWG on theirs
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:59:45 pm by Akroma »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2014, 04:13:18 pm »

Play Rough betrays me even with all of our love.
Bloody misses, crits, and speed.
*Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Name: Destrinn Castur (Rolepgeek)
Caught Pokemon: Starpy (Shuppet), Fluffy(Granbull), Sheldon(Crawdaunt)
Items: 7x Pokeballs, Life Orb, Focus Sash, Leftovers, TM26: Earthquake, TM92: Trick Room
Routes traveled: Sankt Forest, Upland Ranch River
Badges: Bug, Normal
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2014, 04:32:18 pm »

I. Call. Hax.
Hindsight is 20/20; I could possibly have killed Gastrodon with an Earthquake if I had remembered I was faster than her.

Also, Gunk Shot is worse than Focus Blast for how much I'm missing with it. Only at the important times too.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »

The team made it's way through the haunted forest. A place reeking of decay, legends say the trees grew their size because of blood that had impregnated the ground after a big battle, nurturing their roots. Akroma tried to ignore the suspicious dark brown color of the ground, thinking on what to catch next...But what she stumbled upon, she was not prepared for. On a clearing stood a Lilligant of a ghostly pale color. To her feet, the ripped open carcass of a ferocious Pyroar, several times her size, it's once proud mane now soiled with blood and mud. Roots covered in thorns reached out from under the Lilligants skirt like leaves, suckling the nutrients and juices from the body. The look of sheer satisfaction on its face was hard to describe.

Hesistantly, she send out Alma Elma to weaken it, but a blinding flash of power later, Alma Elma was laying on the ground, bones broken, barely getting any hits in. Erubetie was a dangerous choce...but it was all that stood between Akroma and this man-eating flower from hell. The Lilligant, seemingly certain of victory, decided to toy with Shellos a bit, starting to dance to a waltz only she could hear. Unsuspecting of the deadly poison that the Butterfly Queen had bestowed upon Erubetie..

Spoiler: The new arrival (click to show/hide)

Having won the battle, Erubetie felt a surge of power going through her. It was time to reap the rewards of the many deaths..

Spoiler: Final form achieved (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------

The reign of death commences, and befalls RolepGeek

Kansa has even less of a chance against the flower that was grown on bloodied ground

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

---------

on the hindsight rolep, unburned, EQ did 40%. When you switched out I had 30% and you were burned. Only a crit would have done it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:19:18 am by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31