Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation [one spot open]  (Read 22544 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2013, 02:16:55 pm »

waiting in arts and crafts, accepting the first gym battles for the second gym. GWG is there too, for those who havfe yet to battle him

as always, add a third pokemon, 200 evs invested each, and a new item

edit: bluerobin is there too. kansa, rolep, get in
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:26:56 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation
« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2013, 02:46:36 pm »

The Battle of the RNG

And...I'm not struck by a muse.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation[accepting new player]
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2013, 03:24:27 pm »

It appears Scapheap is considering dropping out.

It's a shame, but until the decision is final, I'll put out a call for a new 8th player on the way.

That new player may either decide to take over Scapheaps current team, score, items and gym, or decide to make an entirely new team

in that case, previous battles need to be redone, so someone who can be on showdown a lot would be best.

If anyone is interested, just put up your charsheet as if it was for round 1, meaning:

NEW PLAYER SPOT OPEN

Name:
Starter Pokemon on level 10, no EVs invested, moves according to the rules in the OP
one item of choice
a type for your gym (check OP for current list of gyms)

after most of the round 1 battles have been done, progress as everyone else, you will catch up soon enough.

This is a very advantageous position, as it gives you more or less full view of all your opponents battles up to round 2, meaning you know what is coming and prepare accordingly

-----------------

since the electric gym is up soon, if no replacement is found until then, the gyms just drop down one, and the final gym will once again be up to the one with the exact medium score
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:02:02 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:46:35 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Rivals - The next generation[currently accepting 1 more player]
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2013, 04:00:55 pm »

with Scapheap dropping out, 9 battles remain for round 2.

I'll call out round 3 once this is down to 6.  If a replacement is found, I dunno, I guess round 3 can start anyway, the new player will just have to chose 3 mons quickly and try and catch up 3 battles at a time

the remaining battles are:

GWG vs MeimieFan

GWG vs UltraValican

MeimieFan vs RolepGeek (1 and 2)

MeimieFan vs Kansa

MeimieFan vs Bluerobin

RolepGeek vs Kansa

RolepGeek vs Bluerobin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:21:39 pm by Akroma »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »

After taking some beatings with his unevolved Pokemon, Robin strikes out through the wetlands.

"Ready for a visit to this region's daycare center Geoffrey?" "Togepriii!" "Come on out Ignatius, there's enough water here that you should be able to swim alongside us!"

Later, with the daycare center almost in sight:
"Cooooo. Ten tenta." "Huh? Oh! A Ludicolo! That would make a fine addition to the team, you're right! Geoffrey, you know what to do." One big yawn and one pokeball later, and Lorraine the Ludicolo was member #3.

"Good job Geoffrey!" "Toge... tog?" "Oh, you're evolving!" "Tentacooo..." "You too Ignatius?! Wow!"
========================================
Name: Robin Esterwald (Bluerobin)
Caught Pokemon: Geoffrey (Togetic), Ignatius (Tentacruel), Lorraine (Ludicolo)
Items: 7x Pokeballs, 2xLeftovers, TM 99: Dazzling Gleam, Black Sludge
Routes traveled: Bellona Island Ferry, Daycare Wetlands
Badges: Normal

The new team takes on the second gym!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2013, 05:55:54 am »

Bump. The christmas stupor was replaced by new years, I guess?

Waiting in arts and crafts anyway, for any gym battles
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:10:49 am by Akroma »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:31 pm »

I have no idea what I should add to my team and no idea if I should trust your guys' advice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 01, 2014, 05:33:47 am »

my advice is always trustworthy. add a sunkern!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:58 am »

Well sunflora isn't awful and it would work against your gastrodon pretty well. :P
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 01, 2014, 10:10:44 am »

nooo, run a sunkern with eviolte, I swear, it's totaly reshaping the OU meta game :P

on a serious note, you could go for a Venusaur maybe. Solid choice, can mega evolve later on to become super tanky, and it's grass type means it can take Vivillons sleep powder - and then powder it itself

there is also access to many strong ghost types in the haunted mansion, and the daycare would probably give access to most eeveelution. A nice tanky vaporeon might be a good addition

forests also give access to many early bird types - talonflame comes to mind. it's absolutely destructive and a force to reckon with.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:23:53 am by Akroma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 01, 2014, 10:48:12 am »

Also, the Daycare Center lets you pick up a baby, such as Riolu.  Though it'll be a bit mediocre in this round, the next round gives you Lucario, and you can eventually parley it into an absolutely devastating Mega Lucario. 

And now, I run away before Akroma catches up with me and beats me to death with a Lucarionite.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 01, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

special mega lucario with nasty plot is hilariously broken. I recommend against taking it, as there is a chance it might be banned to ubers before the tournament is over

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 01, 2014, 11:25:40 am »

Level 30, right?
How many EVs?
Can Heal Pulse affect the user?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:29:20 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31