Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a Web Developer for Online Community and Physical Game  (Read 660 times)

ExRedux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello Bay12 members,

My name is Redux, and I know that I don't post here very frequently, but I have come here in search of a Web Developer for a project I have been working on for awhile now.

This community has always been helpful, and very kind, so I am hoping that I may find a person here who is interested in this opportunity, as on my own I am completely not in a position to advance this project further, and I do not have the funding to straight up hire a development team so I must work out some kind of partnership with someone who has skills that I lack (which would be advanced web development right now).

With all that said, let's move on to what I'm actually talking about instead of more silly prelude.

Basically, I set out to create a modern, and innovative trading card game that makes better use of current mobile platforms and our now really well established online gaming world. As well as capitalize on the advances in social networking that has swept the planet in the last 5 years.

To do this, I've designed a trading card game that is playable both in real life as a physical game, online through web browsers, and through mobile platforms. One that is entirely community generated, and community balanced. It's updated every few months (currently planning on 4 or 6 months) based on community voting and submitted revisions. It has systems that reward people throughout the creation process, as well as rewarding them for participating in the process of balancing the game, or approving new cards to the game, and the packs they'll be placed in. This potentially allows people to own a physical copy (all cards of which will work in the online game because your ownership is stored there) for free, if they're willing to participate in the community and spend a bit of time there. It also should (with will designed framework) allow the game to adapt to different metas while still maintaining total balance. While also providing an outlet for aspiring artists or game designers to find a community to participate in, and hopefully find recognition while doing so. I also intend to provide a way for dedicated designers to "cash-out" and actually receive an income for their work, as time progresses and we've reached a certain level of stability.

There are many other smaller systems designed to assist in accomplishing the goal of the project, but I won't go in to them here.

What I need from a web developer, is actually a substantial amount of work. The website, databases, and so on do not exist as I haven't touched web design since back when Flash was "new" and HTML3 was common; which places this level of development firmly outside of my grasp.

The market for this project is absurd right now, and with proper execution, there is a substantial amount of income to be generated, and in trade for the skills in web development I am missing, I am more than willinging to work as equal partners with some one else who can help bring this project in to Beta.

Ideally, I would like to get some of the base systems up and the website in to a "beta" phase, before approaching a community like Kickstarter and trying to crowd-source funding, or approaching other investors to move the project along (if absolutely neccesary).

I realize that I haven't given a great deal of information about the, but its partially because a lot of these designed systems are still early in development (by my uber-prefectionist standards), and I do not wish to promise anything that I can't deliever right now. I will say, however, that if anyone is interested in working with me, and becoming my partner in this endevour, you will NOT be disappointed, and I guarentee with a bit of drive and determination on both of our parts that this project will succeed in a very reasonable timeframe.

I will periodically check back on this post, but if anyone wishes to reach me on Skype regarding this matter feel free to add ex-redux.

I appreciate your time for reading this post, and I look forward to any replies I receive.

If anyone would like more information about the project, or just wants to chat about it, I'll try and answer those questions here, as well.