Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 52013 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2013, 04:35:02 am »

As the suns spiralled slowly around one another across the sky, inexorably towards the horizon, the theocrats made their decisions, pointing fingers as the blood rain intensified, their cloaks splattered. There wasn't long left, but time enough for minds to change.

Vote Count
------------------------
Elephant Parade (2) - Makeinu, Persus 13
Luke_Prowler (3) - Luke Prowler, Tiruin, Pufferfish
makeinu (1) - Superblackcat
Persus13  -
Pufferfish -
Superblackcat (1) - Elephant Parade
Tiruin -

Not Voting -

Day ends Friday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 5.5 hours.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:37:59 am by notquitethere »

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2013, 09:23:31 am »

UNVOTE.

>:(

I cannot, can NOT take the chance that I'm wrong, I don't think I am, but I don't like what that vote board shows me.

Luke_Prowler, I know you're lurking out there, prowling the boards.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2013, 09:33:45 am »

Trying to Read the rest of the posts, the thread exploded five pages before I woke up!

Unvote, before I kill myself

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2013, 10:16:17 am »

Final Day One Vote Count
------------------------
Elephant Parade (1) -Persus 13
Luke_Prowler (2) - Tiruin, Pufferfish
makeinu (1) - Superblackcat
Persus13  -
Pufferfish -
Superblackcat (1) - Elephant Parade
Tiruin -

Not Voting - makeinu, Luke Prowler

The suns finally lit up the horizon, the cloaked figures casting long shadows as they shoved one another beneath the skull of the impossibull. Finally, Untangler Luke Prowler pulled himself away from the others, stepping dangerously close to where the blood dripped from weatherworn molars. Taking the opportunity, two of the others bundled towards him, shoving him out into the rain. All watched, rapt.

Kneeling down in the mud, the Untangler fervently focused on his own image, trying to untangle the weaves of the blood drops from his own. But it the skies were filled with red fury and Luke Prowler was quickly drenched.

Before dissolving he cried, "I could have saved you!"

Luke_Prowler has been lynched. He was the town doctor.

The blood rain continued that night. Luke Prowler must not have been one of the heretics. Most slept uneasily, huddled in skull nooks. Some crept and slithered and in the morning there was one less theocrat. They never found the body of Ranger Elephant Parade, the expedition leader, just his bags and a still-warm sleeping roll and a pair of smouldering boots in the unabated rain.

Elephant Parade has been night killed. He was town.

DAY 2 THE SMOULDERING BOOTS

The suns rose and it was time for choosing.

Vote Count
------------------------
makeinu -
Persus13  -
Pufferfish -
Superblackcat -
Tiruin -

Not Voting - makeinu, Persus13, Pufferfish, Superblackcat, Tiruin

Day ends Sunday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 48 hours.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Boo
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

Well.

I completely misread everything there.

Vote makeinu.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2013, 10:37:49 am »

Oh, I was going to post, but then I died

Feth you all

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Boots
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2013, 11:02:26 am »

Bah. I was enjoying this game.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2013, 04:31:28 pm »

So uh, oops. We killed our doctor.

MakeInu:

Why in Armok's name are you voting yourself? That's not really helpful at all. We now know EP was innocent, and his posts hold great amounts of information for us.

Persus:

With this turn of events, how does this affect your scumlist?

SBC:

Call it funny, call it WIFOM, but you were already voting EP along with Persus. The NightKill leaves a lot of wine about, but you've been seeming pretty scummy to me regardless.

You been dodging questions and not properly quoting posts, and even dodging questions about why you can't quote.

Why are you deflecting questions directed at you, and why can't you reliably quote posts?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

Well.

I completely misread everything there.

Vote makeinu.
Why on earth are you voting yourself, especially since you lambasted Luke for the same thing and he got lynched? Also, if you wanted Luke lynched why did you unvote elephant but not do anything else? That screams of scumminess to me as it looks like you tried to distance yourself from the lynch but still caused it to happen. That's suspicious to me, Makeinu

Yeah, nice job.

Persus:

Well, the three who lynched Luke are at the top: You, Makeinu, and Tiruin went to the top. SBC seems scummy too, but not very much.

Call it funny, call it WIFOM, but you were already voting EP along with Persus. The NightKill leaves a lot of wine about, but you've been seeming pretty scummy to me regardless.
First of, scum tend not to kill someone they're scumhunting. Secondly, SBC switched to makeinu towards the end of the day. SO why are you attacking him for voting Elephant, when Elephant wasn't even lynched?

Pufferfish: Did you have any case against Luke besides a general Lynch lurkers policy? Why did you go from
MakeInu:

My vote for you sticks because I believe to you be the most scum. You don't have to convince me you aren't scum. Please convince me someone else is more scum.
to
unvote.

MakeInu, you have been making more posts. More than Luke.
in 20 minutes. Why were you so determined to prevent an extend in the exact same post as your third vote bandwagon of Luke?

Tiruin: Why no follow up to this?
I am going to make this post short and concise in case all of you miss it, again.

Everyone: Summarize your cases against the ones you voted and preferably give the reasons why. The post-on-post dueling on trivial parts; nitpicking each others eyes out and other related immateria should be condensed into one point.
PFP

It was what, 11 PM when Day ended for you?

Now, Who are you considering to be your top three suspects?
Ladder of Scumminess from greatest to least:
1. Elephant, makeinu
2. Puff
3. SBC, Tiruin, Luke
4. Me
Interesting ladder.
Why am I near the least marker? Same goes to SBC?
You were all lurking or semi-lurking at the time I wrote that. I felt Elephant was looking for someone to lynch, and makeinu had a scummy playstyle. Puff was going after easy targets. You were pretty much null, and so was SBC.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »

I screamed at you guys not to lynch Luke, I really did. None of you listened. Did we get any information from lynching Luke? Nope.

So what if I was voting EP, I pushed it to the farthest I could... : Pressure: Then I unvoted him, and voted makeinu, because at that time, he seemed the most scummy. You are attacking me for pressuring? Please.

I have not really deflected questions. I'll come out and say it, A lot of my arguments against Elephant Parade were part of some misunderstanding, but when I read it, I gut feelinged to EP, so I pressured him. I stopped having that feeling, so I unvoted, and voted Makeinu, because he seemed more scummy.

If I did actually miss a question, please link it or something.

FOS Puffer for pushing a vote on a fake lurker... and not being the first to vote him, thus trying to avoid detection.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

Why on earth are you voting yourself, especially since you lambasted Luke for the same thing and he got lynched? Also, if you wanted Luke lynched why did you unvote elephant but not do anything else? That screams of scumminess to me as it looks like you tried to distance yourself from the lynch but still caused it to happen. That's suspicious to me, Makeinu

It's a placeholder vote to remind myself how much I just screwed up.

When the vote board got updated, and I saw the upcoming end of night totals, and saw that Elephant Parade and Luke_Prowler were tied except for Luke's self-vote, i had a minor panic moment. I worried that I was wrong all along, that EP wasn't scum, merely scummy in my eyes, and that maybe, just maybe, Luke's lurking was something more dangerous. And I thought, what happens if I am wrong?

So the vote board in that light was ripe for Luke, if he were scum, to jump on and change his vote from self- to EP. And he was online and reading the thread. I watched the view count climbing. And to prevent what I thought could possibly be a free lynch by a lurking scum that we hadn't caught onto, I pulled my vote from EP and asked Luke to explain himself, hoping that he'd give me anything to work with in those last moments, because aside from this:

He's got nine hours but seven posts isn't nearly enough given the few days he's had to post and contribute. I consider it pruning.

After all, a dead limb only helps infections kill the tree, no?

I saw no reason to actually vote for him. And I had a smidgen of doubt in my own judgement that EP was scum.

Unfortunately, that was 37 minutes before day's end, and then it all went south.

So, yeah, we lynched the doctor. That's bad. And if I could, I'd ask Luke, again, WHAT WERE YOU DOING? What were you thinking being silent for so long? In a game where lurking is a mortal sin, and a classic scum-tell, the TOWN DOCTOR lurks all of Day 1, making himself a perfect candidate for a PL? How smart is that? But I can't ask him, not until this is over.

Does that excuse anything? I don't know. I do know that we're MyLo now.

SBC, you jumped around a lot yesterday, toward the end there, and provided little to nothing of substance to back anything up. At one point, you were attacking EP for attacking me, and then you turned around and put your vote on me to:

unvote

vote Makeinu

That vote confirmed the deal.

What vote? What deal?

Given your immediately previous post, only a few minutes earlier and with nothing in between, I find that very suspicious:

I'm still voting Elephant parade, there is no point in voting Luke, as he isn't scummy, he's just... dead.

If we ML, tomorrow is Lylo.

If not, well... Yay!

Let me find those questions..

Who's play style do you like the most?

Elephant, but what about the extra day when you NL? ( I do not agree or disagree, it depends on the situation).

Which post of yours do you think is the most beneficial to town and this discussion?

I found 3...

GG

PPE: your post allays some of the above concerns, but I still want an answer to those questions.

Pufferfish: I still find you suspect as well, though clearly I was wrong about who the scum team is.

unvote.

Luke: You've made seven posts. Seven. Half of those weren't even close to useful. Consider this vote a vote of no confidence. What do you make of this situation we are currently in?

PPE:

In case this prevents the extend, Shorten.

Same question Persus has for you: Why WERE you so determined to prevent an extend in the exact same post as your third vote bandwagon of Luke?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:55 pm »

How much time left? It's 3PM forum time or GMT?

GMT.

I'm willing to move my vote to Luke, given his inactivity level. I'm still not convinced that I'm not voting correctly already.

That. The deal of me voting you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Book
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »

Okay okay... Let me take a second here.

Persus:

Yeah, nice job.

Hey, it's not like I was aware I was lynching the doctor. I believed that I was removing dead weight from the game.

Persus:

Well, the three who lynched Luke are at the top: You, Makeinu, and Tiruin went to the top. SBC seems scummy too, but not very much.

First of, scum tend not to kill someone they're scumhunting. Secondly, SBC switched to makeinu towards the end of the day. SO why are you attacking him for voting Elephant, when Elephant wasn't even lynched?

You know what, I missed the final vote in the day-shift. I was going off of the final call and I relies how asinine that was. unvote, but I still have my suspicions of SBC.

Pufferfish: Did you have any case against Luke besides a general Lynch lurkers policy? Why did you go from
MakeInu:

My vote for you sticks because I believe to you be the most scum. You don't have to convince me you aren't scum. Please convince me someone else is more scum.
to
unvote.

in 20 minutes. Why were you so determined to prevent an extend in the exact same post as your third vote bandwagon of Luke?

The prevention was because I believed Luke was going to sit there and be nothing but a warm body the whole game, and I do not want to waste the extend on the first day of the game where a good number of players are still posting and debating. The bandwagon was not so, as I had stated my cause for the switch of vote. That being, he had posted seven posts in seven days at the time of my vote, of which maybe 4 had anything even possibly useful.

You were all lurking or semi-lurking at the time I wrote that. I felt Elephant was looking for someone to lynch, and makeinu had a scummy playstyle. Puff was going after easy targets. You were pretty much null, and so was SBC.

Easy targets? Sure, if you consider lurkers easy targets. I consider them trouble.

Why haven't you actively tried to get a read on your null players?

Makeinu:

Same question Persus has for you: Why WERE you so determined to prevent an extend in the exact same post as your third vote bandwagon of Luke?

The prevention was because I believed Luke was going to sit there and be nothing but a warm body the whole game, and I do not want to waste the extend on the first day of the game where a good number of players are still posting and debating.

You were suspicious of me buddying with Elephant Parade. I see you're still suspicious of me. Who do you think my partner is, seeing you still have your finger on me? Do you believe my partner to be SBC?

I screamed at you guys not to lynch Luke, I really did. None of you listened. Did we get any information from lynching Luke? Nope.

No, we got some. Because he wasn't scum, what information there is in his posts points to him actually trying maybe to find scum.

Same thing with EP. He was actually trying to scumhunt with his posts.

FOS Puffer for pushing a vote on a fake lurker... and not being the first to vote him, thus trying to avoid detection.

on a 'fake' lurker. So because he wasn't scum he wasn't actually lurking? Can you define lurking for me?

And you still haven't answered why you cannot quote posts. Seriously. Is it a computer problem? I'm considering it a scumtell, not to quote posts.

PFP. I'll definitely be back later tonight.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Two - The Smouldering Book
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »

Yeah, nice job.

Hey, it's not like I was aware I was lynching the doctor. I believed that I was removing dead weight from the game.
Of course you weren't aware. But if we lynch wrong today, we don't have the chance to survive to D3. This is lylo, with no other options.

You know what, I missed the final vote in the day-shift. I was going off of the final call and I relies how asinine that was. unvote, but I still have my suspicions of SBC.
How? It was in the day end/day start post? But that's understandable, I've made dumber mistakes before.

The prevention was because I believed Luke was going to sit there and be nothing but a warm body the whole game, and I do not want to waste the extend on the first day of the game where a good number of players are still posting and debating. The bandwagon was not so, as I had stated my cause for the switch of vote.
So you policy lynched on a lurker. and "Waste an extend?" D1 is one of the best days to extend precisely because people are still voting and debating. Just cause you wanted Luke lynched quickly while the debate was still ongoing doesn't mean its good for town. You could have given him one day and a last chance. That's seriously scummy to me and I think you could have been scum trying to rush a lynch.

That being, he had posted seven posts in seven days at the time of my vote, of which maybe 4 had anything even possibly useful.
Huh?

Easy targets? Sure, if you consider lurkers easy targets. I consider them trouble.
I tend to disagree. Last BM was one of the worst cases of lurkers I've ever seen. Most game have at most 2. Lurkers are more of a long term thing than a one day thing. People have RL stuff that can get it the way. People need sleep, to go to school, and work. For the most part you can get lurkers to get back in. You can try and talk to them and prod them with a vote. But lynching them is a little too far. I'd say most lurkers are town trying to juggle too much. So I prefer to go after people who are being scummy.

Why haven't you actively tried to get a read on your null players?
What do you mean? I don't try to lynch lurkers, I prod them. Like this:
Luke_Prowler: I'd like hear more from you. What are your thoughts on the game so far?
Tiruin: Same with you.
Day ends soon and I don't want to waste it.
And this:
Tiruin: I haven't heard anything from you today, what are your thoughts on the game so far?

And you still haven't answered why you cannot quote posts. Seriously. Is it a computer problem? I'm considering it a scumtell, not to quote posts.
Seriously, why are you attacking him for not being able to quote posts? Have you seen a post by him where he can do it fine?

Tiruin: I haven't heard anything from you today, what are your thoughts on Luke and Elephant dying and roleflips?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2013, 02:48:39 am »

Quote from: Superblackcat on December 06, 2013, 05:51:51 pm

No, we got some. Because he wasn't scum, what information there is in his posts points to him actually trying maybe to find scum.

Same thing with EP. He was actually trying to scumhunt with his posts.

on a 'fake' lurker. So because he wasn't scum he wasn't actually lurking? Can you define lurking for me?

PFP. I'll definitely be back later tonight.

What you don't seem to understand, that because this is a fast game... lurking attacks don't work that well... Some people may be busy for 1 day. and then go to sleep and forget to check forums... Guess what they get? Lynched. That's not lurking, that's just not being able to be here. Not their fault (kinda actually) And totally not something they should get lynched for. INstead, you guys went for the easy lurker lynch. WITH NO INFORMATION. HE SAID ABOUT NOTHING. HE KNEW ABOUT NOTHING. HE READ BASICALLY NOTHING, RIGHT UP TO WHERE HE DIED, When he replied, to unvote himself.

Puffer, you saying this kill give you info... makes me very doubt you.

(Fake Lurker, because he wasn't really lurking, probably just busy).

MakeInU:

UNVOTE.

>:(

I cannot, can NOT take the chance that I'm wrong, I don't think I am, but I don't like what that vote board shows me.

Luke_Prowler, I know you're lurking out there, prowling the boards.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Uhhhhhhh..... WTF? He was probably asleep or something. "Chance that you are wrong?" IT was a probably... 90% chance you were wrong. No mafia stays Silent that long if they are here... especially with so much pressure. (No town either, but mafia tend to check the game more).

You have 0 evidence against him. Nil. And you write. "Chance that you are wrong"? That makes no sense to me.

Trying to quote more :P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19