Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: BM: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day Three - GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN  (Read 51930 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Watching.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Elephant Parade has replaced Rangercado

Game starts in 6 hours!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

DAY 1 — THE BLOOD RAIN

In the mabbling plains in the middle of a blood rain, seven theocrats huddle inside the weather-worn skull of an impossibull. It had taken seventeen days to find it, tramping through the mud, sleeping in tight tents and eating too many refried beans. They had squabbled the whole way over what to do about it. Some said to raise it, others said to record it. There were even heretical suggestions that they should ignore it. But by the time they arrived, most believed themselves united in purposes. Not so.

Early that morning the blood rain started. Blood rain is a second tier portent so they all knew that two of their number had secretly performed a Rite of Indifference. An impossibull is a vexsome prospect, but all the strictures forbid Indifference! The theocrats all outwardly agree that they should push someone out into the rain, that they'll vote to decide who, just like if they were back inside the Council Chambers.

Vote Count
------------------------
Elephant Parade -
Luke_Prowler -
makeinu -
Persus13 -
Pufferfish -
Superblackcat -
Tiruin -

Not Voting - Elephant Parade, Luke_Prowler, makeinu, Persus_13, Pufferfish, Superblackcat, Tiruin

Day 1 has begun. Day ends Friday 3 PM GMT. Those with roles, send me your actions via PM in the next 48 hours.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:33:37 am by notquitethere »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia: Sprint Redux! - The Age of Lead - Day One - The Blood Rain
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 11:09:15 am »

makeinu, did you immediately suspect anybody as the mafia?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 11:10:49 am »

Well, that was sudden!

Nnnnooooooooo? (Not a question)
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:57 am »

Query: is there a reason for the immediate vote?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 11:15:13 am »

Well, that was sudden!

Unvote.

Perseus13, what is the first question you will ask and why?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 12:13:18 pm »

@makeinu: It's a mafia tactic, where someone throws whats basically a baseless accusation to see how other people reaction. Usually followed by an unvote so to at least be fair.

Speaking of which, you seem quite quick to accuse, aye Elephant Parade   :P

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 12:19:41 pm »

Oh, I know that. I was merely curious if it was more than that, is all. I suspected not.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:33 pm »

Ah okay. Just making sure.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 04:52:17 pm »

My first question would be Why are you asking me this? When you ask a question, there should be a goal behind it. Even if the goal is just to get a conversation going or to help you learn Mafia. You have nothing but the words of others to find scum D1. So what is the goal of this question?

Also, if you could spell my name correctly that would be nice (I go by Perses or Persus)

SBC: Glad to play with you again. What are your thoughts on other players?

Luke: You completely new to Mafia? How much experience do you have?
@makeinu: It's a mafia tactic, where someone throws whats basically a baseless accusation to see how other people reaction. Usually followed by an unvote so to at least be fair.

Speaking of which, you seem quite quick to accuse, aye Elephant Parade   :P
By Mafia do you mean the game or the faction?

Makeinu:
In this forum people tend to vote random people at the beginning. It's usually referred to as RVS (Random Vote Suspicion). How was your experience on the Mafia forum previous to this one like?

Tiruin: How do you find out if an IC is scum? THat seemed hard for me in the last BM because the ICs were mostly posting advice. Any tips?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 04:55:45 pm »

Edit: I also go by Persus13 of course
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:54 pm »

Makeinu:
In this forum people tend to vote random people at the beginning. It's usually referred to as RVS (Random Vote Suspicion). How was your experience on the Mafia forum previous to this one like?

An answer is a bit long, and off-topic for this game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »

Quickpost because argh collapsed due to fatigue x_x
I am hijacking Jim's post because he does this IC thing direct to the point, and my words cannot surpass what he'd be saying in essence. As far as I know.
For those of you who don't know what to do ... find scum, which is your primary goal.

And because it bears repeating: Your primary goal is to find scum. Everything you do should help you towards that goal. And I do mean everything.

If you're scum, you will obviously have a different goal: Avoid detection until the end of the game. The best way to do this is to look like you are trying to find scum.

...So be bold, and just do the best you can. You're going to play this by aggressively questioning everything you find odd or scummy. This is to get you in the habit of asking questions a lot, since that's how the game of mafia is played and won.
The quote is linked to that post in full.

Also I use italics for general neutral advice. Or humor.

Elephant_Parade
makeinu, did you immediately suspect anybody as the mafia?
Well, that was sudden!

Unvote.

...While the idea seems reasonable, it looks like you're throwing votes out randomly. While this does reflect the concept of the RVS, it lacks the essence of why the RVS is needed.
You question specific people when said queries may be done via a list, then forwarded to those people. A vote isn't really needed (unless you have more than one) to grab attention. Just bold a person's name and shoot it out.

So I'll ask, why did you unvote and shift on that note? What did you expect his (makeinu's) answer to be?

Persus
Tiruin: How do you find out if an IC is scum? THat seemed hard for me in the last BM because the ICs were mostly posting advice. Any tips?
...You scumhunt them. An IC is no different from you people--they just somehow get a probable fancy way of displaying advice so people will listen, instead of player advice, which is open to scrutiny.
SO Yeah. What I'm saying is that I'm no less invincible or invulnerable to guilt and suspicion than you guys. Check what Imp did last BM. She is awesome. She had characteristics which resembles scumhunting.
Meaning: Scumhunt. You find out if a -person- is scum, when you scumhunt them. Wherein scumhunt is a term.

Why do you ask me such a question, then add a vote? Attention's sake or...?

SBC: Hello luckyblackcat.
I've to ask you a simple question.
How will you value others -in the hypothetical scenario that you're town- in being scum? Will or will not the presence of a role ability shift that viewpoint, and why?

Pufferfish: Take yourself as scum. Are there any significant differences you'd see in your play compared to how your ideal town play would be?

Luke_Prowler Hello there. I would like to ask you something.
Given the lesser time than an ordinary BM, will you adjust your play accordingly? How will you judge the general masses playing with you here?

makeinu: Any questions for the rest? In the scenario where you are town, how would you value voting someone or being voted at this point in time?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 05:25:25 pm »

Tiruin: I'm not used to this style of scum-hunting, so I'm really not sure what questions I would ask. So, I'm watching  to see what others ask, and how those questions are answered.

As to voting, I understand the concept of pressure votes, but dislike random votes on principle. I've yet to be convinced of the utility; that may change.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19