Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58512 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.
« Reply #780 on: February 10, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »

Call all our troops, tell them to stop fighting the cyberstun, as they are willing to cease-fire.
Also, send out a blanket radio signal to the planet, calling for a cease-fire until some form of agreement is reached.

Oh, and lets see about getting permission to court-marshal any sod who violated the agreement.

(lets hope those who have joined the planet can still hear the radio...)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 11, 2014, 11:57:34 am »

As dozens of new bodies scorrch in fire, Pyotr screams of pain inflicted. It was not his pain, but it made the whole our mind suffer quite a disturbance. Going that way further is too much of a waste of precious biomatter - of course new ones will spawn, but it'll take some time. So, Pyotr remembers of that feeling, when he got connected - he felt something under the icy surface of Boreas. Something ancient. Something huge. Something.

Let bugs I called for retreat. It is time to recall the power of underwater beasts to hatch through the ice and drag pesky Cybersun down.

((Hey, can I listen to what Aseaheru is trying to say through the radio?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 11, 2014, 12:09:04 pm »

As dozens of new bodies scorrch in fire, Pyotr screams of pain inflicted. It was not his pain, but it made the whole our mind suffer quite a disturbance. Going that way further is too much of a waste of precious biomatter - of course new ones will spawn, but it'll take some time. So, Pyotr remembers of that feeling, when he got connected - he felt something under the icy surface of Boreas. Something ancient. Something huge. Something.

Let bugs I called for retreat. It is time to recall the power of underwater beasts to hatch through the ice and drag pesky Cybersun down.

((That'll be a roll, bub.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 11, 2014, 12:26:35 pm »

((I know that. Who stops me from trying? In the worst case I'll summon a goldfish of doom 8) Or, if you meant the radio, well, do roll this. Otherwise, well, I did my best and will try to get back to m'self.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:07:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 12, 2014, 09:19:12 am »

Mcgaw that was knows Pyotrs plan and agrees.

She remembers the crashed colony ship. The bodies crushed into so much senseless matter. She remembers the look on Franz as he realized his sister was dead-murdered, by these people. Who were trying to kill the rest of her friends...

They all deserve to die...or to be changed.

Action: While Pyotr prepares the whammy, McGaw tries to gather some 'volunteers' to tread back to the base and add to the swar...collective. Rip open their armor and infect them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:09 am »

Keep watch.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 16, 2014, 10:42:28 am »

Lo and behold! A puny-ass update appeareth!

Call all our troops, tell them to stop fighting the cyberstun, as they are willing to cease-fire.
Also, send out a blanket radio signal to the planet, calling for a cease-fire until some form of agreement is reached.

Oh, and lets see about getting permission to court-marshal any sod who violated the agreement.

(lets hope those who have joined the planet can still hear the radio...)
You notify everybody that murder time is slightly delayed, then turn the signal power up and yell something on the lines of "Hive-mind guys! Maybe give the other guys a break!?" You get a few questioning coughs from everybody else who heard that, but whether you were heard by your target, you can't really tell.
You suggest to Al-Radi that any asshole to make a wrong move should get it. Al-Radi agrees: he seems relieved now that the whole war business is delayed, and rather intent on keeping it so.

Send the weapon drone out to patrol a circle around the base 2 miles out. Bring other surviving drones home and upgrade them to match the new one.
The drone is patrolling around, noticing nothing of interest. [5] You go check up on your other drones, and to your relief, they're almost there, and the problem with stabilization seems to be resolved. They will get here pretty soon, now.

((So, I've checked the previous updates, and I cannot find any mention of them being on a frozen body of water. If you can, just quote it, and I will edit the action in. For now, though...))

You drag your consciousness back from your insect army, and they scatter, left without your guidance.
[Everett roll:6] You feel space rippling, and then your tablet beeps. A person named Owen is trying to communicate with you, apparently, calling on broadband. The content of his message is generally that you should stop murdering the Cybersun troopers, because they've apparently reached some sort of agreement with the camp. What do?

Mcgaw that was knows Pyotrs plan and agrees.

She remembers the crashed colony ship. The bodies crushed into so much senseless matter. She remembers the look on Franz as he realized his sister was dead-murdered, by these people. Who were trying to kill the rest of her friends...

They all deserve to die...or to be changed.

Action: While Pyotr prepares the whammy, McGaw tries to gather some 'volunteers' to tread back to the base and add to the swar...collective. Rip open their armor and infect them.
[1-1 for Everett distracting you] You wrestle the raptors for control, but they seem to be set on charging the enemy head-on - not a wise move in the face of multiple guns. And to make things worse, the air around you seems to buzz, and then you are distracted by something happening to your original body.
Going back to check, you discover that it's a high-power signal from Horizon Base, asking you to stop fighting, since a cease-fire of some sort has been negotiated between the Cybersun troopers and the Horizon colonists.
Jerking your consciousness back to the raptors, you can see that the pack has taken heavy damage, and the rest of the beasts are panicky now. Crap on a crutch.

Keep watch.
So you do. The view is pretty good, but devoid of anything interesting to shoot at. Bored, you decide to check if there's any reading material on your tablet: it turns out that the central server has a library containing quite a lot of interesting reading; apparently, somebody thought it would stop you from going nuts. You get comfortable with a nice magazine and relax.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 16, 2014, 12:52:35 pm »

((Fuck my life. I should have read the previous updates more attentively. Nevermind the Kraken calling I tried to perform.))

Cease fire? Why the hell are they going to do that?

Write a text message (preferably anonimous) to that Owen guy Pyotr have never heard of before, which holds the following content:

"Why should we stop? They murdered innocent and deserve slaughtering. They want you dead too, in fact."
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 16, 2014, 01:02:13 pm »

((Fuck my life. I should have read the previous updates more attentively. Nevermind the Kraken calling I tried to perform.))

Cease fire? Why the hell are they going to do that?

Write a text message (preferably anonimous) to that Owen guy Pyotr have never heard of before, which holds the following content:

"Why should we stop? They murdered innocent and deserve slaughtering. They want you dead too, in fact."

Note - Aseaheru can communicate with you, because he has a high-power transmitter. You cannot, at least until you figure out how to turn off your calling-signal.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 16, 2014, 03:10:26 pm »

Send everyone a message stating that a treaty is going to be drawn up shortly, and that anyone who kills anyone else before we have a chance to write it up will be hunted down by both sides. Oh, and try to get everyone back to camp.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 16, 2014, 04:16:15 pm »

((As far as I remember, we had some kind of tablet computer/communicator in our starting gear. So, seeing you mentioning tablet, I thought you were talking about it, no?))
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 16, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »

((As far as I remember, we had some kind of tablet computer/communicator in our starting gear. So, seeing you mentioning tablet, I thought you were talking about it, no?))
Yes, you have it. However, Aseaheru's character has a high-power transmitter which can communicate through the hive-mind's radio signal, and you don't, even though it's your own signal. So you're limited to one-way communication - you can receive Everett Owen's messages, but replying is gonna take some figuring out.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20:10 am »

((Kinda got it. Will roleplay it somehow.))

Recalling his previous experience, Pyotr remembers that the radio signal seemed to be suppressed by us. Hey, and what if it works not only as a blocker? Maybe if we can suppress the radio, we can use the radio?

Try to deliver message mentioned above via my natural radio-controlling powers. Or at least learn if this area of abilities lies beyond my conscious control.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2014, 10:30:22 am »

"Once my drones return refit them all with guns and fit racks to the bottom to hold grenades.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 18, 2014, 09:04:00 am »

Action: Idle, cant think of what to do now. Withdraw my 'forces' if they are too injured, maybe?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54