Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58591 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Rolls of [1] when you need'em.
« Reply #690 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:03 am »

((Oh, noticed your edits, Gamerlord. First, even Avis confirms Chester is no less soldier than Sean. Second - I don't run away from mind-controlling alien because it's a mind-controlling alien. Roleplaying, dude. That is why I am here. What? Common sense, you say? Nah, never heard of it. It is roleplaying))
Since talk with Sean is not productve and quite embarrasing, Chester turns to creature.
- Послушай. Вот ты сейчас что-нибудь делаешь с нами? Зачем мы нужны тебе? И, наконец, как тебя называть? Мне гораздо легче воспринимать сущность когда она имеет имя.
"Why not speak in a manner we can all understand? I have no personal preference for any of your modes of speech. As for whether I'm doing anything..." He shifts, then looks directly at you. "I am singing the songs that keep my forms acting, and calling the yet-unformed but started on their way to me, as always - it has a strange effect on you, I don't know why. I can stop for a time, but not for long. It's like holding your breath." At your request of a name, his expression changes to one of utter confusion. "Names... are strangest to me. The whole idea of another I - another self except from me - is alien. Distinguishing between selves..." He tilts his head, as if listening. "Currently, my form is named Mitrofan Zaskalsky by his others, or Mitya by me. Several unformed are marching here, led by one of my other forms, Lida Chernova. I cannot feel their names yet. Another strange one is Markus - I don't know Markus what. I can hear him at the edge of me, but I cannot reach him. No name for it all - I don't know..." His stare ramps up in intensity - you notice that he doesn't blink. "As for what I need... Another I. This form of communication is inferior. I agree to share of my forms, only to talk as I know how. But your ally appears distressed. "
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:51 am »

- Don't mind my sudden language-changing. Can't control it since recently. You say you need another form. Do you mean you want to earse both me and McGaw in your efforts as personalities and fill our bodies with your own entity, or you are seeking a way to make us whole without doing so?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 20, 2014, 11:13:19 am »

- Don't mind my sudden language-changing. Can't control it since recently. You say you need another form. Do you mean you want to earse both me and McGaw in your efforts as personalities and fill our bodies with your own entity, or you are seeking a way to make us whole without doing so?
"Not another form, another I - the self of another." He shakes his head."For what I learned of your nature, you probably will not believe me. I mean to make your selves - your personalities - to remain apart from mine, but connected to my awareness. You will have share of my forms, and I will know a mind other than my own. You will retain your original forms, if I am successful - another trial... experiment of mine proved that your form-awareness...ah...what you use to make your forms - your bodies - move, cannot survive for long out of its own form. I lost two forms that way." His expression seems saddened, like that of a man who has just realized he could have easily prevented a rather foolish mistake.

((Let's wait for Dwarmin, else he'll have to read ten pages of RP by the time he gets there.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 20, 2014, 11:27:34 am »

((Happy to wait, it's 3:00AM and I need sleep. FYI, I'm going to do my best to convince everyone (our guys, the Chinese, etc) that this place needs to be nuked.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 20, 2014, 11:29:55 am »

((Okay. I will now roleplay the birth of a bright pretty insane idea while vaiting for Dwarmin))
Chester smokes. The wind moans in wilderness, the frost bites the cheeks.
That is not the way he wants to end up - a failed experiment. Aтв there is no way his body with this unless it is sure he won't be earsed. Otherwise, have a completely alien mind inside yours is no more than a curable psychological disease. It has to practise, it said. Two of them won't be enough. And where do Chester gets some willing or unwilling volunteers? Persons without personality?
Waaaaait... He actually knows where. Cybersun troopers. Dummies for their masters, dummies for everyone. And that creature might be useful if persuaded to provide a hand of help in exchange of prisoners taken. He will surely ask for that.

((In the period Chester thinks so, McGaw is supposed to say something.))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:20:33 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2014, 05:50:08 pm »

((wait forever  :P brother shattered comp screen updating very slow now. typing on xbox controller. will need time to get full comp. only actions no rp tho i can hike to library public comps when needed
...we should prolly leave now before unformed attack..
))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:22:29 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 21, 2014, 09:27:44 am »

((Found a workaround, somewhat closer to home. Crisis of compute averted))

McGaw looks up.

"This is interesting...but, it doesn't help us right now. We need to get out of here before these...unformed, find us. We might have found something amazing here...but, it's not the Russians. We've got to get back to our base and weather the attack. This place is too dangerous otherwise.

Um, Mitya? I'm guessing the unformed will be harmful to us as we are, yes? Either they will kill us or, change us...so we need to go. We...I may come back later, if there is anyone left. We have a storm of our own to weather."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 21, 2014, 09:29:26 am »

((Decide fast Dwarmin, you can stay or go. If you stay you probably won't be able to return to the settlement.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:19 am »

((Found a workaround, somewhat closer to home. Crisis of compute averted))

McGaw looks up.

"This is interesting...but, it doesn't help us right now. We need to get out of here before these...unformed, find us. We might have found something amazing here...but, it's not the Russians. We've got to get back to our base and weather the attack. This place is too dangerous otherwise.

Um, Mitya? I'm guessing the unformed will be harmful to us as we are, yes? Either they will kill us or, change us...so we need to go. We...I may come back later, if there is anyone left. We have a storm of our own to weather."

"My other form, Lida, is leading them here. If they see you, they will attack, of course... But since I'm in control of their movements, I can make it so you never meet, and your storm may be more...weatherable with my forms at your disposal." He looks uncomfortable. "If you decide to go, it would be...regrettable, but I won't hold you. Stay now, or I can direct you to where the others went. It's up to you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 21, 2014, 09:39:31 am »

>_>
((PTW and probably waitlist))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:39 am »

((So the deal is, one of us joins the swarm and we get the 'unformed' to help us?))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:34 am »

((But you lose the settlement. Probably. Plus any help from Sean at any point and he'll probably try to exterminate this thing later.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 21, 2014, 10:44:48 am »

"I think I should stay here." McGaw says after a moment of deliberation.

"If I...interface...with this being, we can use it's help. It will save lives. Many more then would be lost otherwise-it's certainly worth the risk of my own life, even if it comes to nothing. And if I'm not broken...I might be able to learn more about this world than I could in the years I have left to me.

Both of you should leave. Understand, if there was any other way...I don't want to die. I'm not doing this out of despair. I want to live...but, their are many other lives at stake other than my own.

I suppose I'll never get that coffee with Al-Radi now. Pity, I was just starting to enjoy wanting things."
she says, sadly.

((Tho I don't really WANT to join the swarm, and this is a really ugly choice to be forced on me or anyone, the obvious sacrifice-in character I can't really see it going any other way.-the one for the many. You guys can feel free to knock me out and drag me off to the hover if you like, but you'll prolly get attacked...,maybe we can blame it on residual mind control...))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 21, 2014, 10:46:25 am »

(( Plus all for nothing because I'm probably going to deal with the problem on my own. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:48 am »

((Sorry but Sean won't help you, thats his RP. He's now gone. Maybe Chester will step in.))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54