Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58561 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Rolls of [1] when you need'em.
« Reply #675 on: January 20, 2014, 06:07:12 am »

Quote from: McGaw, Sean, Chester
Talkity-talk, question-question

"The others ran away. They couldn't bear the dreams, you see. And I am...I. Before, I became only beasts, and was defined by their hunger and their fears. However, once I had... one of your kind, a human, I gained concepts - such a flood of concepts! - words... I knew I was I before, but now I realize it more sharply than ever. I didn't know you were... selves, yes, the word is? Self-aware. Before Mitya came. He found me in the Downbelow, and gave himself to me willingly. The death of his mate made him stop caring. The previous humans I became had no complex self left from the transformations brought by my smaller forms, the insects. I thought you were just animals with strange mental baggage, before he came." He looks at McGaw sadly, and taps his head with a finger. "Only I broke him. He's not there anymore. I want to try again."
He seems to notice Sean and Chester for the second time since their arrival. "I'm afraid that if I remain to help, this form will be made non-functional. You should go to the Downbelow - the tunnels are beneath your feet, everywhere. I know, I dug them, before."

"What attack is everyone geting ready for again? I was kinda out of it for a bit. Ill go with someone if they are willing. Wheres the bike?"
Wait for a bit, check the bike, see if someone else is heading with me. Oh, and dont froget to grab the comms unit and some gear, like a medkit, a good coat and a MRE.

Holley missing ] thingie batman!
"Ah, you were away... McGaw's team had a shootout with Cybersun troops at the Home's crash site, and took a prisoner - apparently, we landed on one end of the only uranium deposit on the continent, and the Russians are on the other end - apparently, the Cybersun folks tried to shoot both of our ships down with EMP, but failed - so it makes sense for them to attack now, before we have time to establish a defence. We estimate ten or so hours until they arrive, if our predictions are correct." You nod to the quartermaster, grab the kit he offers you and a medkit, and head outside, where you saw the hoverbikes previously. The one you choose is a snub-nosed machine that looks like an early twentieth century racecar: it has a powerful outline and a large storage compartment behind its long seat. You look around: nobody seems to be hurrying to join you. Shrugging, you mount the bike, and rev it up - it rises a few feet above the ground. You make a few circles around the camp to try it out: it's fast, and goes smoothly over the land.
((Just say the word, and you'll be off.))

Put the bomb inside the original drone, send it and the other drones to the enemy camp under cover of darkness. Have them stay high and use nightvision to avoid detection and give me a clear view, 1 drone is to find the enemies attack force and follow it.

(( Do we have a radio frequency for the enemies camp? ))
You install switchable navigation modules into the bomb squad drones, leave your wizard tower and set the drones flying. They aren't very fast, and whether they'll reach the Cybersun camp before their strike force arrives is debatable.
[6] The other drone is luckier: due to its lightweight construction, it's caught by a rising current and thrown upwards. When you regain control, you can already see the Cybersun column moving towards your camp. They're almost halfway there; you estimate that they set off seven or so hours ago, approximately the time McGaw's team returned. The six jethovers are moving in formation, towing a hoverbarge between them.

((About the frequency, nope, but you can try broadband.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 20, 2014, 06:42:25 am »

Ask the quarter master if we have any bombs or explosives of any kind. Continue to monitor the enemy and head for the enemy camp.

Build another drone but add mechanical clasps to the bottom to carry things.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:39:10 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 20, 2014, 07:43:54 am »

((FUCK ME MIND CONTROLLING ALIEN.))

Chester, McGaw, let me tell you what we're going to do. We are going to walk out of here, get back in the hover and drive off a certain distance before discussing this again. That is nonnegotiable. And it is happening right now.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 20, 2014, 08:46:05 am »

- Shut up, Sean. Who gave you command authority all of a sudden? If it would like to mind-control us, and I believe it kinda able to do that, it would accomplish that already. We have an obvious overhelming in firepower. Right now, at least. He seems not to be agressive, that is the point #2 imma not going to run like a sissy little girl, no offence to miss McGaw. You're right on the point that we shouldn't go into that Downbelow he is talking about right now, though. But I don't actually think we should bring... it to the camp, neither we can just leave it here. So, suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:48:47 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:58 am »

Sean points his gun at Chester's head.

WE. ARE. LEAVING. NOW.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 20, 2014, 09:55:56 am »

((What, no NPCs?  :P))

Off I go, into the wild blue yonder! Off I go, into the sky!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:20 am »

Chester looks at the barrel with zero interest. He saw bigger ones.
- Hey. You are goin' nuts for no reason I can see. Chill out and let those fucking combat stim out of your organism without pointing guns at men, be so kind, fucker.
Now to Kathryn:
- Let us go, miss McGaw. being shot in wilderness by a guy under his drugs is not the way I want to end my quest here.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 20, 2014, 10:12:01 am »

I am leaving. With the hover. You can be on it, or you can stay here to rot. Your choice.

Head for the hover.

((Sean does not like the prospect of being mindfucked/controlled by some alien. If you won't come with him you'll be stuck there because he ain't coming back. And he will list you as KIA. No one else will think to come looking, especially when he warns them about the possible mind control. Remember, this guy killed his own team. He will abandon you if he has to. Finally, if you show up after Sean tells them about the mind control odds are you'll be greeted with sniper fire and incendiary grenades to stop the spread of whatever might be controlling you.))

EDIT: ((Oh, and THERE IS A MIND CONTROLLING ALIEN. WHY ARE YOU NOT FUCKING RUNNING YOU SUICIDAL BASTARD.))

EDIT2: ((Almost forgot, Sean is a soldier. You are civilians. In this kind of situation? (Aka a possibly infectious, dangerous 'disease'.) He could conceivably have the authority to decide who lives and who dies and get away with it in a modern court of law let alone on a frontier colony not far from war!))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:21:04 am by Gamerlord »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:31 am »

((Pathetic. No !!fun!! at all. Besides, I think that there are some transports in the camp. And hey, I tried to kinda agree with Sean under the gunbarrel, no? And one thing I don't understand, actually - Sean is the only badass not to suffer those pesky flashbacks somehow. But that is up to GM to leave him like that.))

- Okay, okay, big guy, we are going. Try to even listen to me when you adress.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:21:52 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:54 am »

Shut the fuck up. Either of you so much as twitch I'll put you down. That thing tried to get to you. I'm not ignoring the risk that it might have succeeded.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:55 am »

- Since you are the most argessive one, it would be more sensible to presume that you are under his control. Fuckhead. Gonna shoot each other down now?
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 20, 2014, 10:34:57 am »

EDIT2: ((Almost forgot, Sean is a soldier. You are civilians. In this kind of situation? (Aka a possibly infectious, dangerous 'disease'.) He could conceivably have the authority to decide who lives and who dies and get away with it in a modern court of law let alone on a frontier colony not far from war!))
((Mild correction - Chester is no less a soldier than Sean. But do whatever, this is entertaining. I'll wait for Dwarmin to say something, though.))
The man on the wall is increasingly agitated, shifting slightly this way and that. "I can't control the dreams, you know... Well, I can, but for that I have to stop calling them - the others who speak as you do - and they'll be lost. Please, don't go. I have almost succeeded that time, I just need another try!"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 20, 2014, 10:42:20 am »

((Oh, noticed your edits, Gamerlord. First, even Avis confirms Chester is no less soldier than Sean. Second - I don't run away from mind-controlling alien because it's a mind-controlling alien. Roleplaying, dude. That is why I am here. What? Common sense, you say? Nah, never heard of it. It is roleplaying))
Since talk with Sean is not productve and quite embarrasing, Chester turns to creature.
- Послушай. Вот ты сейчас что-нибудь делаешь с нами? Зачем мы нужны тебе? И, наконец, как тебя называть? Мне гораздо легче воспринимать сущность когда она имеет имя.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:44:33 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 20, 2014, 10:47:41 am »

- Since you are the most argessive one, it would be more sensible to presume that you are under his control. Fuckhead. Gonna shoot each other down now?
Last chance. Don't talk, just walk. Anything else and I will be forced to consider you a threat. Don't make me do that.

((Mild correction - Chester is no less a soldier than Sean. But do whatever, this is entertaining. I'll wait for Dwarmin to say something, though.))
The man on the wall is increasingly agitated, shifting slightly this way and that. "I can't control the dreams, you know... Well, I can, but for that I have to stop calling them - the others who speak as you do - and they'll be lost. Please, don't go. I have almost succeeded that time, I just need another try!"
If you move I will take you down.

((Chester obviously hasn't read any science fiction. THE MIND CONTROL ALIEN IS NOT A POTENTIAL FRIEND. YOU SHOULD KILL IT WITH FIRE. It's a basic concept!))

((Oh, noticed your edits, Gamerlord. First, even Avis confirms Chester is no less soldier than Sean. Second - I don't run away from mind-controlling alien because it's a mind-controlling alien. Roleplaying, dude. That is why I am here. What? Common sense, you say? Nah, never heard of it. It is roleplaying))
Since talk with Sean is not productve and quite embarrasing, Chester turns to creature.
- Послушай. Вот ты сейчас что-нибудь делаешь с нами? Зачем мы нужны тебе? И, наконец, как тебя называть? Мне гораздо легче воспринимать сущность когда она имеет имя.
*gun against his temple*
I'm leaving you here now. Congratulations.
Head to the hover. Wait for McGaw if she comes. If either Chester or the weird guy follows, kill them.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 20, 2014, 10:55:07 am »

((You don't catch the point of roleplaying a mind-controlled person. That is about complete absense of common sense and self-survival instinct, also full trust to controlling one.))
Fuck him. Shoot him in the back, maybe? Only wilderness is around... Aaah, ho, fuck him completely. Will survive on my own somehow - a whole Yermakov Otsrog seems to belong to whoever wants to take it for now.
Let Sean go. Light a sigarette. Wait for answers. Look at McGaw's reaction. (due to my calculations, one cigarette will be left for McGaw's experiments. If that is the last one, don't smoke it)
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54