Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58722 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Screw Tactics, Snipe Bastards.
« Reply #525 on: January 04, 2014, 10:56:54 am »

- Sorry to interrupt your private talk, but you can discuss it while we will be riding through the snow. And for now, the sooner Sean gets those weapons, the sooner we get away from here.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 04, 2014, 10:58:10 am »

Yeah yeah.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:23 am »

"I need help, keep these bugs off of me!"

Fire a shot or two backwards to the bugs while keeping my run forward.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 04, 2014, 03:46:08 pm »

Fuck. Give me a second.

Stagger over there and get that sniper rifle.
You walk over to the rocks. It turns out that your bullet hit the sniper right in the throat, and the thirty-meter tumble afterward did nothing to make him prettier.
The rifle is a Japanese model, its casing made of sleek-looking white plastic. The scope is integrated into the casing, and therefore wasn't broken or uncalibrated by the fall. However, it uses a different caliber of ammo from the Izhmash. You manage to find two more mags of ten bullets in the hapless sniper's pockets in addition to the eight already in.
You grab a rifle from one of the footmen. It's made by the same Japanese company, but it uses the same ammo as your Saigons.
((You have a bullet in your rib, but McGaw sealed the resultant hole with medical foam, so you're not bleeding. Besides, you're hopped up on combat stim, so you're mostly functional.))

Lift the battlesuit and put it in the hover then climb in, sit behind the prisoner. If he wakes up or tries to cause trouble break his arms. Spend the journey back designing a prosthetic eye in my head.

" Sooo, who else got injured? "

You put the suit into the hover's storage compartment: the helmet is pretty borked, but the front plate with the cameras can be flipped up to look at stuff directly.
Then you get into the back seat. You contemplate putting the prisoner in your lap for a second, but then decide against it and put him or her into the seat in front of you. Should be easy to give a few taps on the shoulders, should you desire to.
As for the eye, you have several designs in mind. Usually, the biggest problem with mounting a single optic prosthesis is binocular vision: it's pretty hard to get it to synchronize properly with the remaining eye. Maybe remove the other one too..? Will have to ask. Whatever.

Action: Back home! Collect anything useful we can carry and don't want to leave behid
The party gets into the hovers - McGaw and Williams into the jet, shoving the corpses out into the snow, and Chester, Will, Sean and the prisoner into your original one.
The jethover is fast, you have to give it that. It's also much less maneuverable, and Kathryn has a hard time matching speeds with the first hover. After some frustrating minutes, she decides to just move on to base and let the others catch up.
When she gets out, Al-Radi is already there, accompanied by an increasingly anxious-looking Franz.
"Doctor? What happened? And whose is this machine? Were you attacked?"

Meanwhile in the first hover...
The prisoner stirs slightly, then opens their (I'm going to stick with this pronoun) eyes. "Where..." They assess their situation rather quickly, judging by the instant tension in their posture. Will raises his hands to strike, and the prisoner becomes very still, moving only their eyes.

"I need help, keep these bugs off of me!"

Fire a shot or two backwards to the bugs while keeping my run forward.
You fire a few shots at the bugs. It's not very effective: they're only about as large as a human palm, so you'd run out of bullets much faster than you'd run out of bugs. Another fact is that you're definitely faster than the individual bug: it's just that they keep coming from somewhere.
[3]The fire behind doesn't seem to be spreading, however, it keeps burning.
[tgh:5] You grit your teeth, willing the heat to go away. The whole situation is making you inexplicably angry.
Suddenly, a pistol bullet whistles by you.
((The rest of your situation is in Aseaheru's update))
Keep calling, keep walking to base.
Crunching noises, then Matveenko's voice: "...Owen? The *static* is going *static* Lost contact with the *static* Owen! Can *static* hear me?" It becomes illegible at this point.
You hear Moshe crashing through the underbrush to the left of you. To the front, a person suddenly leaps onto the ice and opens fire with a pistol, grazing your leg lightly. You can hear him singing sadly to himself, "...who will break and who will bend..."
The shore to the right of you is too steep to climb. Your SMG is holstered on your back.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 04, 2014, 03:48:31 pm »

Keep an eye on the prisoner and break him if he moves.

If we get back to base go to my lab and begin working on 2 eyes that are connected and have 20x20 sight. Have a medic come with me to clean up my injuries while I work.Keep the bomb and put the blood samples into cold storage.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:56:34 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 04, 2014, 03:51:47 pm »

Go to my lab and begin working on 2 eyes that are connected and have 20x20 sight. Have a medic come with me to clean up my injuries while I work.Keep the bomb and put the blood samples into cold storage.
((And I am unclear again. You are in the first hover, which is still en route to base. The prisoner has woken up. McGaw is already at the base, because she's driving the jethover, which is faster. There's a "meanwhile in the first hover" bit in the update.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 04, 2014, 03:55:03 pm »

(( No the turn was incomplete, I got distracted and hit send. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 04, 2014, 04:01:11 pm »

- Aaah, the fucker is awake. Great. Make sure he won't escape right after we arrive - brake his legs or something.
Damn, the eye hurts a bit. No good.
- Hey, Sean, you had a bottle of vodka back in base. Isn't it somewhere around in hover? I thought you left it here.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 04, 2014, 04:11:56 pm »

The prisoner's eyes go wide.
"You know, most people use rope..."
The voice is a pleasant low alto, deeper than you expected, but not terribly out of place.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 04, 2014, 04:16:04 pm »

Will chuckles lightly for a second before speaking his tone showing he really was interested.

" Well I know I can punch hole in blast doors, I'd like to see what kind of damage I can do to flesh and bone. Unless you want to volunteer I suggest you behave yourself.

" Oh and I've finished designing a new eye for you Chester, but they're a bit glitchy when combined with a normal eye the 2 don't sync up very well. Might be better if you'd let me yank the real one and just replace both. I can make them far better then the squishy thing you've got now. "

Patting the prisoner on the shoulder lightly Will then added.

" Or if this guy doesn't behave I could yank one of his for you instead. "
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:17:37 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 04, 2014, 04:20:19 pm »

- Much obliged, Will, But I do not want to lose my only remaining eye as well, disregarding... everything, actually. I'm not so eager to have prostetics. For now, at least. Maybe when I'll reach 60 or so I'll change my natural heart for a better one, though.
Damn, Will frightens him sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:25:17 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 04, 2014, 04:24:51 pm »

" No problem, I can make you one that will only function when you want it and add some extra toys but your going to have serious depth perception problems until I can find a way to do what every engineer on earth has been unable to and make the two sync up. "

Sounding slightly arrogant he smirked to himself.

" Gimme a couple days. "
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 04, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »

- Ye know what? That sounds too complicated to me. I think I'll just make a stainless steel patch on the eyehole. Because the idea of being a guinea pig in neurosurgery doesn't sound good to me.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:39 pm »

" Guinea pig? It's just a normal eye with a couple of optional settings like being able to zoom in or see in thermal. Something you'll find useful if your going to keep coming out on expeditions like this. "
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 04, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »

" Guinea pig? It's just a normal eye with a couple of optional settings like being able to zoom in or see in thermal. Something you'll find useful if your going to keep coming out on expeditions like this. "
- I prefer more traditional tools. Like, binoculars and such.
Chester grins.
- Or monoculars, since I've lost an eye. Plus your previous phrases sounded like the technology of syncronizing of two eyes is not completely stable and a bit risky. I there is no way I'm accepting a surgery if there is a slightest chance of losing vision, even if it would be temporary.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:42:08 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54