Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58776 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Screw Tactics, Snipe Bastards.
« Reply #480 on: December 30, 2013, 04:19:09 am »

Make sure I don't die, alright?

Get that guy out of the battlesuit and into the hover. Get ready to go.

Someone check those guys for guns, ammo and dog tags!

((Good to have you back Dwarmin.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 30, 2013, 07:56:04 am »

"I'll try to help in a minute once I finish ripping a safe open with my hands."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 30, 2013, 09:17:50 am »

Action: Help load up anything we're taking back-also, make sure if we take their hover back we disable any sort of communication or tracking system they may have

- I think that we should extract that survivor from the battle suit first, doc. Tell the guys to do that, I'm screwed up.
Chester picked another cigarette from his crumpled pack and lit it.

McGaw tsk'ed

"Make sure you save one of those for my research..." she said, wondering if he would...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 30, 2013, 09:40:50 am »

Action: Help load up anything we're taking back-also, make sure if we take their hover back we disable any sort of communication or tracking system they may have

- I think that we should extract that survivor from the battle suit first, doc. Tell the guys to do that, I'm screwed up.

McGaw tsk'ed

"Make sure you save one of those for my research..." she said, wondering if he would...

- Sure, Doc. Glad you're back.
Chester lets a small cloud of smoke out of his lungs. It seems much more dense in the frost of borean air. The pain is felt slightly - painkiller still works. Perspective looks grim - an artificial limb is going to replace the arm, eye is lost, and hell knows if there are any prostetics for it. Toe is broken. Curse it.
What is it that left to do now? Smoke. Only to smoke.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:02:17 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 30, 2013, 10:32:43 am »

Make sure I don't die, alright?

Get that guy out of the battlesuit and into the hover. Get ready to go.

Someone check those guys for guns, ammo and dog tags!

((Good to have you back Dwarmin.))
You approach the downed battlesuit. It doesn't seem to have any insignia on it, except for a few warning labels in English and Japanese. You fumble for a second before finding the quick-release button tucked away into a panel on the left arm. The battlesuit falls away in pieces, and you're presented with a conundrum: you can certainly say that the person on the inside is rather well-made, but you can't tell their gender at all: they have a delicate jawline, no facial hair, a body curve that is pleasant but ambiguous, and their chest is completely flat. The beauty of it all seems slightly off: as if it was artificially produced.
You shrug and load the unconscious whatever-it-is into the hover. Shouldn't be too hard to subdue, if they wake up.

McGaw tsk'ed

You go to check on the jethover. You open the door and take a step back involuntarily: it's full of dead bodies. You count one, two, three, four corpses. The driver is slumped over the controls, his face a sort of bluish-white. Your head swims for a moment, but the gas (and gas it was) has already dissipated too much to harm you.
As for the technicals, the large jet engines seem to be functional at a casual glance, and you're almost certain it'll start. The windshield and the headlights are busted, and if you take it at high speed, it'll be windy as fuck; however, its capacity of fourteen is better than your original machine.
You contemplate giving their radio the boot, but then shake your head and just switch it off. May need it later.

Grinning at the damage he'd done to the safe Will jammed both his hands into it aiming to rip it clean open in one great pull.

Finish opening it.
[4+1] It rips open like tissue paper, boxes scattering down all around you. You check the contents: several crates of grenades, a few explosive charges, boxes of incendiary ammo, sniper scopes, and a large metal briefcase with a black-and-white circle on it: the sign for antimatter. You suppose it's an extra-large bomb of some kind, though you have no idea how large.

"Gaah! Fire, we need fire! If we don't have any, run!"

Find and activate a source of fire to use against the insects. Barring that, run to the camp.
Well, you still have an incendiary grenade. It's a...rather large source of fire, though. Both you and your butt-naked psycho buddy will be extra crispy if you use it without putting some distance between you and the target. There's a timer, though.

FORWARD MOVE!
You run after Markus like your butt is on fire. Soon, you come to a clearing. You see a naked guy lying face-down into the snow and Markus standing over him, contemplating an incendiary grenade. Large insects seem to be homing in on the two purposefully, marching in orderly columns.
The insects resemble Earth termites, but they're larger and meaner-looking, and equipped with a sort of stinger thing which protrudes from the backs of their carapaces.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 30, 2013, 12:38:45 pm »

- Woo-hoo, you dit it, Will.
Stand up. Grab the box with sniper scopes. Head outside. Notice, that someones's already working on jethover. Go to our old hover, see if it still able to move.
Returning two screwed hovers instead of one new is better than returning one.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 30, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

BACKWARDS MOVE
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »

Take the bomb then go join the others as the hovers.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

"Incendiary, back out of the way! Someone help me get this guy out of here!"

Carry the wounded guy on my back and get a reasonable distance away before popping the Incendiary Grenade.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2013, 08:07:25 pm »

- Woo-hoo, you dit it, Will.
Stand up. Grab the box with sniper scopes. Head outside. Notice, that someones's already working on jethover. Go to our old hover, see if it still able to move.
Returning two screwed hovers instead of one new is better than returning one.
You grab the box, then head outside. McGaw's already checking out the vehicle the hostiles arrived in, so you head back to your own hover. It's certainly functional, the only problem is the shattered rear window, but that's beside the point. A thought occurs to you: who's gonna drive?

Take the bomb then go join the others as the hovers.c
You grab the rather heavy box and then go join Chester and Sean. The case with your samples is in your backpack, by the way.

BACKWARDS MOVE
You take the whole scene in, quickly decide that you didn't sign up for this, and get to backpedaling in a comical manner, because apparently, you can run butt-first just as quickly as the other way round. Who'd have thunk it.

"Incendiary, back out of the way! Someone help me get this guy out of here!"

Carry the wounded guy on my back and get a reasonable distance away before popping the Incendiary Grenade.
[6] You hoist psycho-man onto your shoulders with amazing grace and vigor, dislocating his shoulder in the process, and then set off at breakneck speed. On your way back, you grab Everett, who seems to be doing some sort of weird backwards-moving exercise - he's surprisingly fast, though - and chuck the nade over your shoulder, setting the timer to ten. A few moments later, there's a flash, a wave of heat, and a cloud of steam. A tree is blazing merrily. You have no way to assess the damage done, though.
In less pleasant news, heat seems to be spreading from the sting mark on your hand. It's not painful per se, but rather worrying.

((Yes, I realize this is the lamest shortest update ever. New Year's kind of a big deal in my glorious homeland. I was too busy partying to be productive.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »

((Meh, I'm just waiting for us to head back so I can get the extra holes in my body fixed.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2013, 08:11:20 pm »

((It's fine, Avis. I was just worried about how the grenade would turn out :D))
L-let's go! We don't have much time!

Follow Aseaheru.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:47:19 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 01, 2014, 05:23:37 am »

Wait until they pick a hover then get in.
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 01, 2014, 07:13:47 am »

Well, let's try that. It wouldn't be more complicated than army vehicles, right?
Get to the driver's seat and try to switch the power on
Sigs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 01, 2014, 10:59:20 am »

Call base, ask for a pickup of some form
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54