Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58821 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

((Ah heck, my turn dident get saved. Frecking net problems...))

Gods... The hell heppened here?
"Shall we call base now or later? what do you think?"
Get the gun ready, if agreed with call into HQ, try to get backup with nonlethals. Afterall, we need all the people we can get.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Get up, stay low and take out that sniper.
((How exactly? Please, be more specific. You just poking out and taking potshots at him results in an initiative roll, after which he gets +1 to hit, and you get -2 (+1 because of your sniping skill, -3 because of distance; if you had proper sniping equipment, you'd get +1 in total at any range except short). And if he rolls 4 or 5, you're dead, because boom, headshot. So specify the exact manner in which you're going to do this, please.))
((Grenade if it can go that far, normal shot if not.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Get up, stay low and take out that sniper.
((You only had one grenade, so you're out of them.))[2 vs 1][6-1((Forgot the stim bonus))] You take careful aim, then hold your breath and just let it go. There's nothing in the world except you and that distant gleam in the distance. The barrel moves by itself, as if drawn by a magnet, and then, ever-so-lightly, you squeeze the trigger. The glint vanishes, and you see a small figure tumble off the rocks. Your training hasn't deserted you.
((I'm...impressed, actually.))

- Bloody useless... - murmurs Chester while reloading the SMG. Next replic is said through commlink:
- The one who goes to help Will gets a bullet to his vital organ - a filthy, but effective tactics. The sniper is chousing us out of cover. Will, wait until we get him down, I have an idea.
Go back to ship. Search for Armory.
[5] You find the armory container soon enough, [1] but all the interesting stuff is locked in an armored safe, taller than a man and painted green. The code panel is predictably fucked. On the other hand, you have, like, a thousand pistols. What will you do with them?

Stay in cover.
You do so. You cowardly chicken.

"Beaten like my Uncle did to my nephews every once in a while," Markus muttered.

Follow the tracks still. Keep my pistol ready.
You move forward warily. A few meters later, you find another boot. Then pants. A torn parka in a thorn-bush. Underwear. You're starting to see a distinct pattern there.
Finally, you catch up with the man, or he catches up with you, at least. The tracks veer off to the side, and then suddenly an axe is flying at your head. The axe is attached to a shivering naked psycho, blue with cold, his expression wild-eyed and his skin covered with red scratches. [6 vs 2] You catch him by the arm and throw him away, using his own momentum to propel him along. He gets up quickly, though.
"It burns! It fucking burns, you little shit!" - he screams at you, spittle flying everywhere.
[2] You have a feeling you're missing something important, but you're distracted by the swinging axe and the swinging...sword. That's right.

((Ah heck, my turn dident get saved. Frecking net problems...))

Gods... The hell heppened here?
"Shall we call base now or later? what do you think?"
Get the gun ready, if agreed with call into HQ, try to get backup with nonlethals. Afterall, we need all the people we can get.
[2] You turn the radio on, but it only crackles and hisses at you. Strange. These are rated to withstand the usual interference problems. Something's jamming you on purpose..?

((Again, I'm sorry I took so long. Organic chem. Passed!))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((WHO'S THE FUCKING BEST? I'M THE FUCKING BEST!))

do the same for the closest remaining enemy. BE CAREFUL.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

Markus backs up a little bit and observes the scratches on the man.

"My guess is that a plant or animal here has a nasty syndrome attached to its sharper orifices. Be on your guard."

Attempt to knock him out using the butt of my pistol.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- FFFFFFFFFungus eats your toes, designer of crate!

All right, Chester, calm down. What is it that you posses? Pistols. Plently of those. What should you do? AAAHHH, EXPOLDE THE GODDAMN CONTAINER WITH BLAST-OFF CHARGES! And what if some explosives are inside? The weapons will be pretty screwed. Not talking about you, old champ. Need to find another way.
Put on my nerd glasses and go find crowbar. Or a fire axe. Or something more technological that helps me to open goddamn crate
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:54:07 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Screw Tactics, Snipe Bastards.
« Reply #471 on: December 29, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »

((And, I'm back. Only took me forever ago...filler action now, will need lots catchup. Seems we're being attacked by the Libyans.))

Action: Better stay under cover! Treat anyone who needs it, but don't show my pretty head...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 29, 2013, 01:19:14 pm »

Head for the armory while staying low, rip the safe open..

Will grunts as he crawls deeper into the ship wincing with every movement of his wounded leg.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

((WHO'S THE FUCKING BEST? I'M THE FUCKING BEST!))

do the same for the closest remaining enemy. BE CAREFUL.
[4+1] You casually shoot the remaining enemy in the head. Well, if he has so much time to whine about his leg, then maybe it's merciful to put him out of his misery?
It appears that all hostiles are dead, except the probably-unconscious battlesuit user. What now?

- FFFFFFFFFungus eats your toes, designer of crate!

All right, Chester, calm down. What is it that you posses? Pistols. Plently of those. What should you do? AAAHHH, EXPOLDE THE GODDAMN CONTAINER WITH BLAST-OFF CHARGES! And what if some explosives are inside? The weapons will be pretty screwed. Not talking about you, old champ. Need to find another way.
Put on my nerd glasses and go find crowbar. Or a fire axe. Or something more technological that helps me to open goddamn crate
[1] You can't find anything that would be suitable for breaking an armored safe. In your frustration, you kick it, straining a muscle and making it topple over on your foot. Ow, shit. Probably broke a finger there, but compared to your arm and your eye, it's nothing.

Head for the armory while staying low, rip the safe open..

Will grunts as he crawls deeper into the ship wincing with every movement of his wounded leg.
[3+1] The safe is made of reinforced steel - there's probably something serious there. You get it off Chester's foot, lean it against the wall, and punch it several times with your knives. There are several small holes in it now, so you reach through, brace the safe against the wall, and rip a sizable chunk out. There are boxes inside, but the hole you made doesn't seem large enough to pull any through.

((And, I'm back. Only took me forever ago...filler action now, will need lots catchup. Seems we're being attacked by the Libyans.))

Action: Better stay under cover! Treat anyone who needs it, but don't show my pretty head...
All the hostiles seem to be down, so you get to stitching meat back together. Chester's biggest problem is his missing right eye, but he's already made some bandages for himself, rather competently. You put Will's leg in an instacast and apply some regenerant to the burn on his face, then go to check on Sean again. Well, he's kind of a giddy juniper-smelling god of war right now, but when it wears off, he'll wish he was never born. That will happen in about two hours or so. Williams has a nasty scratch on her face, but she's otherwise alright. You disinfect it and stick a bandaid on top.
((Glad to have you back. Pick a stat bonus and two profession bonuses - it's detailed somewhere back there.))

((So, to recap. The footmen are dead, the battlesuit's unconscious, and their car is parked way over there.))

Markus backs up a little bit and observes the scratches on the man.

"My guess is that a plant or animal here has a nasty syndrome attached to its sharper orifices. Be on your guard."

Attempt to knock him out using the butt of my pistol.
[2 vs 5-1] You charge in swinging your pistol around, but the man dodges your strike handily and mounts an attack of his own, swinging his axe at your midsection. [4-1 vs 6+1] You just arch slightly, and the attack passes you by. [4 vs 1-1] You whip your pistol around for another blow, just as he stumbles forward right into it. The butt of the gun connects sharply, and he topples down face-first, his eyes rolling back.
[1] You reach for him, but as you touch his shoulder, you feel a sharp sting on your hand. Looking around, you see several insects, each about as large as your palm, scurrying toward the prone man. One of them bit you, and more and more seem too be arriving with each second. There is a slight burning sensation on your hand.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:35:53 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 29, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »

FORWARD MOVE!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 29, 2013, 02:47:51 pm »

- Curses!
Aaah, fuck that. The painkiller won't last for long, and I'm pretty screwed. Maybe McGaw is conscious already?
Chester seats on the floor, leaning his back against the wall, gathers his remaining inner forces and yells:
- MEDIC!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 29, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »

"Gaah! Fire, we need fire! If we don't have any, run!"

Find and activate a source of fire to use against the insects. Barring that, run to the camp.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 29, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »

((I think I fixed you as much as I could comrade))

McGaw shook her head, feeling the fog lift. She had been lost in strange memories, old music, a touch, a laugh. A life she had never lived. It was quite unsettling.

"I can't help you anymore here-we should head back to base after we recover everything we can. This isn't a rescue mission...anymore...I wonder why those people attacked us. Someone should check their insig...and we might want to keep he survivor alive. I'm sure he'll answer our questions with enough motivation." She said tersely.

McGaw wondered why it always came to this so quickly...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »

Grinning at the damage he'd done to the safe Will jammed both his hands into it aiming to rip it clean open in one great pull.

Finish opening it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 30, 2013, 12:33:10 am »

- I think that we should extract that survivor from the battle suit first, doc. Tell the guys to do that, I'm screwed up.
Chester picked another cigarette from his crumpled pack and lit it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:35:01 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54