Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58825 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Same for the next guy.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Same for the next guy.
[init: 2 vs 5] [enemy roll:6-1] You poke out of cover to fire. What happens next, you don't fully get. One second you're taking aim, the next you are lying flat on your back, staring into the sky. The moon is up, bathing the landscape in gentle silver light - the nights are much brighter here than back home. There's a hole in the right side of your chest. It hurts. God, it hurts like a dozen kinds of horrible! Luckily, you landed back in cover, but you don't feel all so good now.

As he feels a bit better, Chester grabs his SMG and marches (well, if you can call crouching between two covers a march) back to the frontline.
Once reached his cover, he aims and gives a short burst of five rounds to the attackers:
- LOOK WHO IS BACK!
[3-1] It doesn't do much, and [5-1] you get a bullet in your left arm for your trouble. It's starting to look positively ruined now. But you're back in your original position for now, at least.

Keep shooting enemies.
((Please, specify your damn targets, man.)) [4-1 vs 2] You get up and raise your arm to fire at the closest hostile before he tries to shoot you again, [1] but slip and fall face-down, giving him a chance to shoot you. [1-1] He doesn't fare much better, though - trying to get you before you can deploy the antimatter arm of explodification again, he expends all his ammo and doesn't really hit anything. Now he's fumbling for another mag, cursing to himself.

Williams:
In a hurry to cover Will's totally-out-of-cover ass, Williams manages to shoot ammo-less guy's leg out from under him, but his buddy gives a volley of return shots that graze her face and her side."Buttfuck", she mumbles, blood running down her face.

Markus observes the area. Living with wild animals for about 60% of his life gave him some experience with tracking the animals. Animals never cared for covering up their own tracks - that was humans who did that.

"Search the area for any signs of disturbance. We need to know if they were frightened off or if they just simply lost their way somewhere in the forest."

Follow my own orders and ready my pistol, just in case.
"Mark, I just did that..."
Try to get mark to follow me in following tracks, hope to hell that at the end we dont find people having fun.
You argue a bit while Markus re-surveys the surroundings. He doesn't notice anything out of place. The tracks look like whoever left them walked by their own will, and wasn't dragged or chased. There are numerous tracks around the campsite, but all of them look human.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- AAWW, NOW I'LL NEED PROSTETICS BY YOUR FAULT!
Shoot all the remaining mag in the direction where shot came from holding SMG in my right hand.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

"'kay then. Let's go find these lost lumberjacks."

Follow the tracks that the lost people left behind.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

FINALLY. Only took him... how long exactly? About a tenth of a tank, right? christ, I gotta get back in a suit...
Once done thinking the above, travel onwards!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Fuck me.

Apply basic first aid!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run for cover in the ship again and scan the area to spot any enemies still standing. If any seem to be looking my way shoot them if not then just wait and watch.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- AAWW, NOW I'LL NEED PROSTETICS BY YOUR FAULT!
Shoot all the remaining mag in the direction where shot came from holding SMG in my right hand.
[6 vs 2] The remaining man seems to be aware of the fact that this battle is quickly going south for him and his buddies, and the realization seems to make him a bit weak in the knees - when you raise your gun to fire, he's just standing there, frozen with fear. [2+1-1] Unfortunately, firing an SMG one-handed turns out to be a really uncomfortable business, and the spray of shots goes wide. [2-1] You don't even get shot at in return. The one still standing is crapping his pants, and the one Williams shot in the leg is too busy compiling a list of synonyms to "female dog".

Run for cover in the ship again and scan the area to spot any enemies still standing. If any seem to be looking my way shoot them if not then just wait and watch.
You sprint for cover with all your speed, but when you're almost there, an a large-caliber bullet hits you in the right leg, almost tearing it off at the knee. You topple forward screaming. You're in the cover of the ship's side again. From here you can see one enemy still standing, one rolling around in the snow, clutching his leg and swearing, and up on one of the tall rock formations between which the jethover passed, you catch the glint of a sniper rifle's optic lens. That's probably the bastard who shot you just now.

Fuck me.

Apply basic first aid!
You assess the wound: either the bullet's stuck in the rib, then that's okay, or it has punctured your lung, in which case you're probably fucked. You remember the case of combat stim in your pocket: it's a powerful coagulant, in addition to its other effects. You take one small syringe out of the case and inject it into your vein. Then you lie back.
Gradually, the pain fades away, and the heightened perception comes rolling in in waves. McGaw is running towards you. Will is down. One enemy footman still standing. There's a sniper in the rocks above - the fact is made clear to you by the sound of the shot and the trajectory of Will's fall. Three hundred meters to the rocks. So that's where the fourth guy went. Can't cross under fire. Need a plan.
((Sorry if taking hard drugs isn't your idea of basic first aid. I've always found that it helps. It's the only remotely medical thing you have on your person anyway.))

McGaw: She hurries to Sean's side. After a few moments, she breathes out in relief. The bullet was an AP, but it was still mostly stopped by Sean's flak jacket, so now it's stuck in his rib. It's going to hurt... Wait, no, actually, not yet, judging by his dilated pupils and the sharp smell of juniper on his breath. Combat stim.
She gets a can of liquid bandage out of her kit and [5] seals the hole expertly, which doesn't matter anyway, because it has already stopped bleeding. She helps him up.

Williams: Dragging Will further into cover, she swears under her breath, then shouts, "Guys! Sniper, up there on the rocks!"
((So, to recap. There's a baddie standing, a baddie lying down, and a baddie with a sniper rifle on a rock about three hundred meters away (-3 for those of you without sniper rifles).))

"'kay then. Let's go find these lost lumberjacks."

Follow the tracks that the lost people left behind.
FINALLY. Only took him... how long exactly? About a tenth of a tank, right? christ, I gotta get back in a suit...
Once done thinking the above, travel onwards!
You follow the tracks. For a time, they go straight, then they start veering here and there in a drunken manner. You come on a place where whoever left the tracks apparently walked in a circle for quite a long time, stumbling side to side. A few hundred steps onward, there's a bright pink splotch of blood on the snow, and the tracks turn into a mess: it looks like one chased the other.
Suddenly you come into a clearing. A man's corpse is slumped against a tree, blue with cold. His face is frozen in a grimace of terror, and his skull appears to have been caved in with a brutal blow from a blunt object. The other set of tracks continues on, stumbling this way and that. You inspect them closer and shiver: bare feet. There's a single boot hanging in a tree.

((Sorry about the wait - exams. You know how it is.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Does my grenade launcher get the -3? Since it doesn't actually need to hit him only come within a few meters. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Does my grenade launcher get the -3? Since it doesn't actually need to hit him only come within a few meters. ))
((Well, yes, but it fires in a parabolic arc - a bit longer than normal launchers, but still parabolic. Let's say -2.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

"Beaten like my Uncle did to my nephews every once in a while," Markus muttered.

Follow the tracks still. Keep my pistol ready.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- Bloody useless... - murmurs Chester while reloading the SMG. Next replic is said through commlink:
- The one who goes to help Will gets a bullet to his vital organ - a filthy, but effective tactics. The sniper is chousing us out of cover. Will, wait until we get him down, I have an idea.
Go back to ship. Search for Armory.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stay in cover.
Caine's law.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Get up, stay low and take out that sniper.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get up, stay low and take out that sniper.
((How exactly? Please, be more specific. You just poking out and taking potshots at him results in an initiative roll, after which he gets +1 to hit, and you get -2 (+1 because of your sniping skill, -3 because of distance; if you had proper sniping equipment, you'd get +1 in total at any range except short). And if he rolls 4 or 5, you're dead, because boom, headshot. So specify the exact manner in which you're going to do this, please.))
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54