Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58835 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- DIE FILTHY MOTHERF*CKER DIE!!
Encouraged by his success, Chester tries very hard to fuel his hatred with his own pain, like they taught him back in army, pulling the trigger fiercly each time a weak spot of battlesuit comes into crosshairs.
Fire four more bullets left in clip - one in the head, one shoulder joint of the right arm, one at the similiar place of the left arm, one more to torso joint. All targeting the battle suit. Then abandon Izhmash and take cover in the ship, crouchng on the way to it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:47:11 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

- DIE FILTHY MOTHERF*CKER DIE!!
Encouraged by his success, Chester tries very hard to fuel his hatred with his own pain, like they taught him back in army, pulling the trigger fiercly each time a weak spot of battlesuit comes into crosshairs.
Fire four more bullets left in clip - one in the head, one shoulder joint of the right arm, one at the similiar place of the left arm, one more to torso joint. All targeting the battle suit. Then abandon Izhmash and take cover in the ship, crouchng on the way to it.
[4+1] The first bullet hits the suit right in the forehead, shattering all three of its cameras. The variable-rigidity spines in the neck prevent it from being snapped by the force of the blow, but it's safe to bet that whoever's inside is now unconscious at the very least. [3+1] Then you shoot it in one of the joints, but you can't see the results. [enemy: 6-2] One of the gunmen, seeing his last chance to save his boss, fires a few desperate shots at you from 300 meters away, and by some rotten luck, one of the rounds hits the barrel of your rifle, shattering the scope with the impact and bending the barrel slightly. Your eye hurts like it was your balls, only worse, because you don't need your balls to see, do you? You curse heartily, drop the now-useless Izhmash and run back into the ship, covering your bleeding eye with your hand.

Move behind the enemy staying behind the snow to stay out of sight. Once in position behind them open fire on the mech with both arms aiming to destroy the joints on it's arms and legs using my knowledge of mechanical joints to pick the weakest spots to target.
[enemy sense roll:4] One of the gunmen sees you sneaking around, but not before you are in range to fire on the suit. Raising both your hands, you extend the barrels and shoot. [1] The left gun fires normally, though the bullet misses. The right, however, fires with a pop, throwing a micro-grenade toward your target, but not quite far enough. The grenade explodes with a blinding flash, and you feel a wave of heat rolling across your face: antimatter. Nothing else would be powerful enough. You stumble back, falling on your butt into the snow. Your face feels like one large sunburn, there are black spots dancing in your eyes, and your ears are a symphony of mosquitoes the size of elephants.
[enemy: 5-2] The gunman who spotted you before fires a quick burst, which only grazes your side.
((You rolled a one on the research roll back in the ship, so I didn't tell you the gun is loaded with antimatter micro-grenades instead of bullets. Imagine what would have happened if you fired it in a closed space.))

Get into cover, which I should have already been in due to a previous action. Take aim and open fire.
((You are already in cover - behind the ship. You do have to pop out of cover to fire a grenade effectively, though, that's why I rolled for you getting back in cover. Also, please specify what you want to fire at. I can't really pick your targets for you, can I? The current situation is this: the battlesuit is pretty down, three gunmen are advancing at you from 300 meters away, and the fourth is nowhere to be seen.
Spoiler: Like so. (click to show/hide)
))

Everett and Markus:
The H&K is the most powerful pistol that the armory currently has, but Markus gets a mag of AP ammo, just in case, and Everett gets his Singijeon with a mag of DE and a mag of incendiaries. Then you two head up to the mess and get a slightly frazzled-looking Moshe, who got into a fight with another colonist while you were away. Judging by the state of things, it was a sound victory for him. After retrieving the large Israeli before anybody else gets injured, the lot of you head down and walk to the river. After a few minutes of walking, you meet a couple of men dragging a large tree trunk downriver. They look slightly worried.
"Hey. You the guard team? Help us with a thing, will ya? One of the other guys has gone missing. We left two people at our camp in the woods - just upriver - so get there, they'll fill you in with the details."
You nod and walk on. On your way you meet three more teams of men and women, dragging lumber downriver. Then the forest closes in around you.
You find their camp on the rivershore soon enough. Problem is, there's no one there. At all.
((Apparently, I can't count to twelve, either. Sorry.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Take out the guy on my left (top of drawn map). Single shot, careful and scoped if possible. No idea how hard to produce ammo is, after all.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shoot the man who tried to shoot me with the gun arm first if that fails use the other arm. Get into cover.

(( Note to self, replace face with something more durable. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Woo-hoo, if I survive, I'll probaly have a cyber-eye. Or, even better, an eyepatch. The guy with an eyepatch looks even more badass than a cyborg. But for now...))
- SOMEONE FINISH THE FUCKER IN BATTLESUIT BEFORE HE'S UP AGAIN! - yells Chester while running behind the ship.
Trying to get inside it and find some kind of medkit (maybe ask McGaw for some help).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:55:30 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

"The heck happened here..."
Look around, checking for SIGNS of a scuffle. Also call back to say we are there, no sign of them and to make positive that they are armed.
Do we have a radio?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:22:11 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around, checking for sounds of a scuffle
Do we have a radio?
((Yup.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ah, thank you. Adding action now...))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take out the guy on my left (top of drawn map). Single shot, careful and scoped if possible. No idea how hard to produce ammo is, after all.
[3+1] You take careful aim through the normal scope - it appears that only the grenade aiming grid is borked. Steadying your breath, you squeeze the trigger. The man you aimed at cries out and drops. The snow beneath his leg is stained bright red.
[1-2] His buddies' return fire is uneven and sporadic, and you don't even bother ducking. Amateurs.

Shoot the man who tried to shoot me with the gun arm first if that fails use the other arm. Get into cover.

(( Note to self, replace face with something more durable. ))
[6-1] As the closest gunman drops, you take careful aim, and by some freak chance, hit him right in the head. He twitches once and is still. How's that feel, eh?
[init: 4 vs 5] You spring up and sprint for the ship, but one of the other gunmen manages to get a shot at you when you're practically there. [5-2] You feel a burning pain against your inner thigh, but it's just a cut, nothing serious.

((Woo-hoo, if I survive, I'll probaly have a cyber-eye. Or, even better, an eyepatch. The guy with an eyepatch looks even more badass than a cyborg. But for now...))
- SOMEONE FINISH THE FUCKER IN BATTLESUIT BEFORE HE'S UP AGAIN! - yells Chester while running behind the ship.
Trying to get inside it and find some kind of medkit (maybe ask McGaw for some help).
You get McGaw's medkit out of her pack and open it. She is slightly dazed, but you manage to get some bandages, cotton swabs and a painkiller pill and fix yourself an impromptu eyepatch and a bandage for your finger stubs. The painkiller really hits the spot, too.

Williams:
She fires at the other two hostiles in short bursts, [2-1] but she doesn't hit anything, and the enemies return fire, [2-2] also not hitting anything. Whoops.
The enemy advances to a distance of about 200 meters ((which translates to -1 penalties with their weapons in gameplay terms.))

Look around, checking for SIGNS of a scuffle. Also call back to say we are there, no sign of them and to make positive that they are armed.
Do we have a radio?
You survey the site. There's a tent and a firepit full of still-glowing coals. A few self-heating cans of soup are scattered around, empty, so the fire was probably for warmth. Two sets of tracks lead deeper into the forest. It seems that they walked calmly side by side, and weren't dragged or coerced. You shrug and activate the radio in your headset.
There are a few bursts of static, but you manage to get through the fact that there are now three missing people and that you see their tracks. The lumberjacks seem confused, but they generally suggest that the two may have walked away for some trivial reason, and suggest following the tracks. They seem almost frightened now. Perhaps they just don't want to believe that something drastic has happened. They promise to get back and assist soon, though.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

Markus observes the area. Living with wild animals for about 60% of his life gave him some experience with tracking the animals. Animals never cared for covering up their own tracks - that was humans who did that.

"Search the area for any signs of disturbance. We need to know if they were frightened off or if they just simply lost their way somewhere in the forest."

Follow my own orders and ready my pistol, just in case.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:56:03 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As he feels a bit better, Chester grabs his SMG and marches (well, if you can call crouching between two covers a march) back to the frontline.
Once reached his cover, he aims and gives a short burst of five rounds to the attackers:
- LOOK WHO IS BACK!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:24:50 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Mark, I just did that..."
Try to get mark to follow me in following tracks, hope to hell that at the end we dont find people having fun.
Highly Opinionated Fool

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

((Edited my post to fit, sorry I didn't pay attention :P ))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Mark, I just did that..."
Try to get mark to follow me in following tracks, hope to hell that at the end we dont find people having fun.
((I can't really roll for you getting Markus to do something. Tell him in character. And the idea about "people having fun" also occurred to me, but they could have had their fun right here, no? There being nobody around. Or did you mean fun as in !!FUN!!?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep shooting enemies.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54