Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58889 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Damn those squint-eyedies. Hated them since China. ((Haven't I mentioned that my character is a bit racist? No? Well, he is.))
Chester switches to inner frequency, then adresses the whole group.
"Since McGaw suffers contusion, I'm in charge now. Sean, give them a grenade right after mine if it will be effective, otherwise hold it. Once they're out of vehicle, shoot'em with all we can - that includes everyone. Will, hurry. Willams, report to base, than help us"
Make sure I have a good cover that can be easily changed to another one quickly, than fire the grenade (target is jethover)
[5(+1] You pop out of cover and catch the howling machine in your crosshairs, take a breath, then fire. The rifle kicks back softly, and the grenade is gone. It impacts the hover's windshield, shattering it, and bursts. Not into flame, but just...crumbles into bits. You swear, sure that it was a dud and now you've given away your position without accomplishing anything, but then the jethover swerves, then its engines reverse in a frantic effort to brake, and then it slams into one of the outcroppings it tried to skim between.
For a moment, all is silent, but then figures start getting out of the machine. You count five, but then one falls and doesn't get back up. Strange, you thought there'd be more...
Then a sixth figure rises quickly out of the wrecked transport. This one is several heads taller than its comrades and armored in matte white plates with red markings. A battlesuit.
One of the grunts fires at you on full auto, his aim unsteady and swaying. [2-1-1] The bullets mostly hit the clouds, a few ping off the ship's hull, and then his ammo runs dry.
His comrades scatter to the sides, two hiding behind their hover's remains, and one runs over to the left and skids behind a rock.
The battlesuit, however, charges straight at you with inhuman grace and speed. It almost seems to dance as it eats the distance between you. [1-1] It tries to fire on the run, but that just makes it skid and slip. It lands lightly on one knee, then leaps up fluidly and continues running toward you in its strange bouncing gait. There are a hundred meters between you, and that distance is shrinking rapidly.

[/quote]
Finish my work and scrape up the broken tubes pieces that have blood in them into new tubes to preserve some of the blood from those samples, then go hide near a hole that looks in the direction the enemy is coming if they come close let rip with both of my arms guns.

If any of them touch the ship at all then put my hands on it and shock the metal so the current travels and hits them.

Working quickly, you finish up with the samples, collect whatever bits of glass you are able to find in the semi-darkness, and go looking for a hole in the eastern side of the ship. There are no holes there - the door was on the other side, and the blast damaged the western side. You think briefly about using the ship's metal superstructure to shock whoever is outside, but remember that electricity travels the path of least resistance, and the ship is grounded. Its conductive surface will serve much better as a path for the current than whatever puny fleshling that touches it outside.
((Seriously. Electricity doesn't work like that.))

Make sure I'm not touching anything conductive.
You do that. What for, though...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Chester takes a second to stare at the figure over the scope. The only thing he is able to say is:
- Holy crap!
Take another shot at the figure. If it seems to have some weak spots, shoot them. Otherwise, shoot it to the legs to stop it. While doing this, order sean to launch another grenade to footmen.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( I haven't looked under the ship so meh, didn't know what it might be on top of. ))

Go round and find a good position to attack from cover then hide and watch the fighting.
Study the mech to find it's power source or weak spots.
(( It's just a giant prosthetic after all. ))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:21:02 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((Wait was that the other group? I thought it was for mine. Oh well, it's a pretty sound action when you're companions are fucking with machinery.))
Wait until something happens. Also drink. Drink the loneliness away.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ehm, don't you mind shooting a grenade at bastardswhile doing the drink stuff, just as I asked you? Thanks.
Also, I don't catch the point - you guys Will just sits somewhere while one battlesuit fighter and 5 footmen are attcking us?))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:49:27 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((FUCK. I REALLY HAVE TO PAY MORE ATTENTION.))

OPEN FUCKING FIRE WITH A GRENADE.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ninja'd. And I had already written such a nicely sarcastic reply...))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( You'll see the point a little later, but in short. Why give away the element of surprise now when I can wait a few seconds and make it worth more?

Also, scientist. Not soldier. Explosions and gunfire are not Wills kind of thing thats why we brought soldiers on the ship. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

"Eh, sure. Just give me a pistol and a knife and I'm good to go."

Get Moshe and a high-power pistol (something like a futuristic M1911). Then, head off with the lumberjacks.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( You'll see the point a little later, but in short. Why give away the element of surprise now when I can wait a few seconds and make it worth more?

Also, scientist. Not soldier. Explosions and gunfire are not Wills kind of thing thats why we brought soldiers on the ship. ))

((So, guns and blades integrated to you hands should prove your "scientific" intensions?
Ah, nevermind.))
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Nope they prove he disliked being so weak as to be injured by that freaky kid thing. Doesn't mean he's going to charge head on into a battle. ))
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((All right. Let it be. I have more questions about your character, but i'll hold'em to myself, cause it wouldn't be right to have an argue with you in someone else's game.))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:25:36 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chester takes a second to stare at the figure over the scope. The only thing he is able to say is:
- Holy crap!
Take another shot at the figure. If it seems to have some weak spots, shoot them. Otherwise, shoot it to the legs to stop it. While doing this, order sean to launch another grenade to footmen.
[initiative: 3 vs 6] You tighten your finger on the trigger to fire, but the soldier in the battlesuit fires first. [5-1] Suddenly, your left hand is a festival of pain, but you manage to fire despite it, aiming for the battlesuit's lower belly, where the leg mountings join the breastplate. [5+1-1] The enemy crumples back under your bullet, sinking to one armored knee. You can't be sure how deep it's penetrated, but it sure must've hurt.
Speaking of hurt, your left hand seems to be missing all of its fingers except the thumb and pointer, and there's a long but shallow gash on the arm. That's going to make stuff...difficult.

((FUCK. I REALLY HAVE TO PAY MORE ATTENTION.))

OPEN FUCKING FIRE WITH A GRENADE.
Seeing the battlesuit down on its knees, you decide that it's a good time to lob a grenade at it. You take aim through your Saigon's ballistic scope and pull the trigger. [1] It's off. Your scope is miscalibrated! Somebody must have borked it by accident back at camp. Fuck! Shoulda checked.
The grenade makes a much shorter arc than you expected it to, landing less than halfway between you and the battlesuit. [reaction:2] You stand there frozen with a mixture of horror and embarrassment. [luck:6] The fragments decide to be good boys and avoid fragging their master. Good for you. Williams appears to be shouting at you from beside the ship, but you can't hear her for all the ringing in your ears. Looks like you're temporarily deaf.
[suit:1(+1)]The battlesuit soldier fares less well, trying to roll away but failing - it looks like Chester's bullet did some damage. It (She? He?) stumbles and curls around its stomach. [luck:6] However, most of the shards miss the soldier, and what hits, bounces off the armor.
[3-2] Gunfire chatters at you from the direction of the downed jethover, setting the snow around you swirling. You turn to see the three troopers advancing to cover their leader. The fourth seems to have buggered off somewhere.

(( I haven't looked under the ship so meh, didn't know what it might be on top of. ))

Go round and find a good position to attack from cover then hide and watch the fighting.
Study the mech to find it's power source or weak spots.
(( It's just a giant prosthetic after all. ))
You leave the ship and hide in a snowdrift off to the north side of it. Turning your goggles on, you observe the white battlesuit.
It is not so much a mech as it is a reinforced exoskeleton coupled with thick armor plating and, by the looks of it, also an advanced neural integration system that amplifies the user's reaction speed and adapts his nervous system to controlling an obviously inhuman body - its legs are long and apparently digitigrade, and they connect to hips that are too wide, giving the whole figure an exaggerated feminine appearance. The helmet is an elongated white thing with a trio of cameras on the front plate. This suit is not like the Flugel - it is intended for grace and agility, not brute force. Shame the pilot forgot about that fact.
The armor is weaker on the joints and a thin strip above the hips - where Chester shot it. Usually it would be covered by its upper body armor, but the suit sways when it runs. Lucky.
There appears to be an integrated machine gun in its right arm. You are not sure about the left, but you doubt it's empty.
As for the power source, the batteries don't need to be overly large, and as such are probably under the armor.

Williams:
She runs out of the ship, shaken away from contemplating whether Daring Do is cuter than Derpy Hooves, just to see Sean nearly blow himself up with a grenade.
"What the fuck!? You tired of breathing or something?!"
She runs forward, crouched low, to plop down into the snow beside Sean and fire several bursts of suppressing fire at the advancing footmen. [4-2] They crouch down low, but aside from that, not much is achieved. They are at least three hundred meters away, after all.

((Team Camp, sorry about the wait - I'm going to sleep now, but I'll update in the morning. Feel free to RP or something in the meantime.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Get into cover, which I should have already been in due to a previous action. Take aim and open fire.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move behind the enemy staying behind the snow to stay out of sight. Once in position behind them open fire on the mech with both arms aiming to destroy the joints on it's arms and legs using my knowledge of mechanical joints to pick the weakest spots to target.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54