Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58884 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Head to a defensible position beside the entrance.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

"Don't need to tell me that twice. Not even the end of the day and I'm already at home here."

Finish drinking, and see what other work needs to be done.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look for anything that goes high enough to provide access to the floors hanging above me, or high enough for my arms to reach it so I can pull myself or climb up.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Load grenade shot to Izhmash, then keep the jethover at the gunpoint (through the scope). Ask our Group leader - McGaw - for further actions.

((I know Dwarmin is offline for several days already and that nobody knows when he'll return, but that is what my character does, 'cause he is good at making minor descisions with nice speed and effectiveness, but when the buisness comes to major descisions, he prefers to influence the Big Man who is making them rather than make it himself.))
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:51:44 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Load grenade shot to Izhmash, then keep the jethover at the gunpoint (through the scope). Ask our Group leader - McGaw - for further actions.

((I know Dwarmin is offline for several days already and that nobody knows when he'll return, but that is what my character does, 'cause hу is good at making minor descisions with nice speed and effectiveness, but when the buisness comes to major descisions, he prefers to influence the Big Man who is making it rather than make it himself.))
You get the grenade from your pocket - it looks like an aerodynamic cone on a long stick - and load into the barrel: it sets with a satisfying click.
Then you turn to ask Kathryn for further orders, but she seems unresponsive: perhaps the head injury was more serious than it seemed?
You turn back and catch the incoming jethover in your sights. It is closer now, and you can already see details through your scope. It's a Korean model intended for transporting small squads of infantry by land: you remember that it can carry a maximum of fourteen troopers, not including the driver. The machine itself is a flat, manta ray - like shape with two large engines in the back. It is approaching rapidly, raising great clouds of snow all around it. You estimate a minute until arrival.
It is probable that they suspect nothing, because the entrance with its blasted door is facing the other way, and your hover should be hidden from their eyes by the hull of the ship.

Look for anything that goes high enough to provide access to the floors hanging above me, or high enough for my arms to reach it so I can pull myself or climb up.
[6] As you gaze upon the scaffolding, you suddenly feel that you have the power of parkour, the spirit of freedom and France coursing through your veins. Rubbing your hands together, you sprint up the broken scaffolding, then jump a fair three meters in the air, grab on to a jutting metal rod on the wall, hurl yourself up, and slam the last support away from the upper levels with your other hand. The pods start tumbling down.
[5] You kick off the inner wall with your legs and twist your body around in the air, slamming your knives into the outer wall and sliding down like a ninja.
Your stunt has certainly made all of the pods accessible, but you estimate that collecting the samples will take three or four minutes, and the jethover is arriving in one or so.

Head to a defensible position beside the entrance.
You exit the ship and run up a bit further along the wall. From here, you can peek around the ship and fire at any hostiles approaching from the east. You grin. Finally some action!

"What do you have? I gotta go get some lumber, so do you have any loggers? Oh, and do you have any old C20-Cs?"

((Wardens are something I grabbed off the top of my head, think a mostly-space-only ESAU suit.
Meanwhile C20-Cs are a ripped off thing from SS13, think 12mm bullpup assault rifle that in this case is good for use in space and 20 round clips.))
"Yup. Just sent a team with chainsaws up the river. We don't have any vehicles as of yet, since the hover is away. We melted down the closest pods, but we can't move any more of them closer to load them into the smelter. Had to take the ones we did melt down apart, and it still took ten men to load'em up. We set a cargo hover to be constructed from template, but it'll be finished tomorrow morning." He sighs. "However, some people were getting pretty restless and volunteered to saw down some lumber and drag it down the river. It should be easy to drag tree trunks over ice."
The quartermaster frowns as if trying to remember something. "Can't say we have any C20-Cs, but if you're used to compact weaponry, the Singijeon should do. Forty rounds, integrated flashlight. The caliber's not what you'd call manly, but whatever."
Matveenko raps his fingers on the counter. "Dragging logs downriver in this place doesn't sound too safe to me..." The door opens, and a boy in a bloodied parka enters.

"Don't need to tell me that twice. Not even the end of the day and I'm already at home here."

Finish drinking, and see what other work needs to be done.
As you open the door to the armory, you see that the quartermaster is discussing something with another colonist, a cleanly-shaven, mediumish man. However, he turns to you as soon as you enter.
"Oh hey. I hear you stabbed a crocodile to death today. That pretty much qualifies you."
You do the eyebrow raise thing at him and ask him to clarify.
"Well, I just sent a team of lumberjacks to the forest. They're all armed, but they could use a guy or two to keep watch, so you could grab Moshe and whoever else - maybe even Owen here - and lend a hand. You up for it?"
Spoiler:  MAPPITY! (click to show/hide)
((Sorry about the wait - that picture took me way longer than it should have.))

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:15:30 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Collect the samples as fast as I can.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to establish contact by searching their commlink frequency. If found, identify myself, then ask them for identification.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

"Allright, Im game. Ill grab one and head on up."
Everett looks at the newcomer, appraising then while at the same time wondering how one can kill something lightyears away on another world.
"You going to join me?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Try to establish contact by searching their commlink frequency. If found, identify myself, then ask them for identification.
[5] You set the comm on broadband, and identify yourself quite loudly and definitely as Chester McLafferty of Horizon Camp. Then you ask for identification, again, in no uncertain terms, but not quite going into who-the-fuck-are-you territory yet.
The answer is in some Asian language - maybe Japanese or Korean - and you can tell that it's a swearword of the worst variety just by the tone and texture. Then the speaker switches to English.
"Drop your weapons on the ground and come out where I can see you, and maybe this will be quicker. Poor sucker."
The jethover increases speed suddenly. They're already in range, and you suppose they don't see you yet, seeing as you spoke from hiding. Still, they don't look very friendly.

Collect the samples as fast as I can.

[6] You go about your collecting with superhuman speed, and your box is filling with test tubes faster than you supposed it would. However, in your haste you drop it once, and four tubes shatter. No way of knowing which ones it were. No time! You go on. You estimate a minute or so to finish.

Wait.
You load a frag grenade into your launcher and wait, listening to Chester's attempts to communicate. It doesn't seem to be going very well, all things considered.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn those squint-eyedies. Hated them since China. ((Haven't I mentioned that my character is a bit racist? No? Well, he is.))
Chester switches to inner frequency, then adresses the whole group.
"Since McGaw suffers contusion, I'm in charge now. Sean, give them a grenade right after mine if it will be effective, otherwise hold it. Once they're out of vehicle, shoot'em with all we can - that includes everyone. Will, hurry. Willams, report to base, than help us"
Make sure I have a good cover that can be easily changed to another one quickly, than fire the grenade (target is jethover)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:24:17 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finish my work and scrape up the broken tubes pieces that have blood in them into new tubes to preserve some of the blood from those samples, then go hide near a hole that looks in the direction the enemy is coming if they come close let rip with both of my arms guns.

If any of them touch the ship at all then put my hands on it and shock the metal so the current travels and hits them.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:10:26 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

((DARK FOWL! GET YOUR ARSE OVER HERE SO I CAN DO SOMETHING!))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

" I'm working as fast as I can, you think you could climb up 3 foot of sheer wall then land a precise blow to bring all the pods down without a scratch before back flipping half way across the room and sliding down another wall perfectly any faster? Because I'd like to see you try.

Now let me finish my damned work so I can find a place to help out. 1 way or another this crew is going to live, I can't save them now but with our resident clones help we can rebuild them all from scratch.

We can't afford to loose half our population.

Oh and make sure your not touching anything conductive, if they touch this ship I'm gonna give them the shock of there lives, literally.
"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:11:18 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Make sure I'm not touching anything conductive.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 54