Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58913 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

- Woo-hoo. That is nice, - Chester's voice is totally uninterested in his finding. Though, he grabs the grenade an stashes it with other ammo for Izhmash in his outer pocket.
Hmm. Strange wires. They're obviously end in droppods, but where do they start? Maybe, it's time to check the whole ship rather rummaging cargo?
- Sean, cover me. Miss McGaw, stay with Will. Commlinks on. 47th frequency. We go for another floor.

((I choose Toughness. And professional skills: Marksmanship, mechanics.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((I pick Dexterity, Sniping (long range attack with a bullet-firing weapon), Improvisation))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Improvisation
((As in jury-rigging stuff, or as in theatrical improvisation?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((Jury rigging. Something some militaries actually teach.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

((Phhh... Keep messing it up, sorry.))

"Allright, thanks."
Everett heads for the quartermaster, wondering if they have any old WARDENs in stock.

((and yep, some do teach how to juryrig))

((Oh, I take agility, engenering and zero-g operations (just generally doing shit in 0-g) ))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:09:35 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Intelligence. Synthetic Augmentation and Nanobiotics. )) (( Synth is basically designing and buildings synthetic parts. Nano is nanites. ))

Check the blood is all safely stored. Find a terminal to access the ships systems and bring up a diagnostic report or the ships log.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

"Sure. Nothing alcoholic for me though, I'd prefer something like lemonade maybe. Cools the senses and provides refreshment."
Drinks.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Intelligence. Synthetic Augmentation and Nanobiotics. )) (( Synth is basically designing and buildings synthetic parts. Nano is nanites. ))

Check the blood is all safely stored. Find a terminal to access the ships systems and bring up a diagnostic report or the ships log.
- Woo-hoo. That is nice, - Chester's voice is totally uninterested in his finding. Though, he grabs the grenade an stashes it with other ammo for Izhmash in his outer pocket.
Hmm. Strange wires. They're obviously end in droppods, but where do they start? Maybe, it's time to check the whole ship rather rummaging cargo?
- Sean, cover me. Miss McGaw, stay with Will. Commlinks on. 47th frequency. We go for another floor.

((I choose Toughness. And professional skills: Marksmanship, mechanics.))
Will checks the blood storage tanks above each colonist, but their refrigeration systems are also down. The blood has been sitting there for some time. It may still be salvageable, since the tanks are well-insulated - but the colonists' brains have gone without oxygen for nearly a full day. It's going to take a miracle to bring them back.
Finding the elevator powered down, Will and Chester ascend to the second floor by the stairs, which are made of perforated metal and echo loudly with each step. The second floor houses the life-support control systems, which are powered by a separate battery bank from the computer which controls the landing procedures.
Said life-support controller is now sadly fried, but its small E-ink screen is still displaying its last report - a sort of no-decoding-needed blackbox.

Electromagnetic pulse detected

[int.6+1] Yes. The landing control computer would be shielded from EMP due to the strong magnetic fields needed to contain antimatter, and powered by the ship's main reactor - same antimatter. If you remember correctly, the company that manufactured the main drives is famous for not taking any chances.
The actual blackbox is a small case below the screen. Will pockets it.
[sense roll:4] Williams calls out from the first floor: "Guys? I hear jet engines. Estimated distance five, ten kilos. Jethover, or I'm King Solomon. Be there in a few minutes, tops. Not ours."

"Sure. Nothing alcoholic for me though, I'd prefer something like lemonade maybe. Cools the senses and provides refreshment."
Drinks.
((And how about picking your bonus, buddy?))
You head to the mess hall and order your lemonade. The bartender's gaze shifts from your bloody coat to the knife on your hip, then to your youthful face. His expression can be summarized as "Are there shrooms in my booze?"
"Just do it, man" - Moshe says, and the bartender snaps out of his trance.
"Ah...Lemonade...Yes, yes, a second." He disappears into the back room for a second, there are thumping noises and muffled swearing, then a long, tortured gurgle, and he reappears with a single glass of straw-colored liquid.
"Here you are. The usual, Moshe?"
"Right."
The bartender mixes vodka, beer, and curacao in equal measure in a beer mug and slides it over. Moshe puts a pinch of black powder in and takes a gulp. You follow his example and take a sip of your lemonade. It's pear-flavored and generally drinkable.
"So. Do you have a habit of charging things that are three times bigger than you with knives, or is that particular move reserved for special occasions?"

((Phhh... Keep messing it up, sorry.))

"Allright, thanks."
Everett heads for the quartermaster, wondering if they have any old WARDENs in stock.

((and yep, some do teach how to juryrig))

((Oh, I take agility, engineering and zero-g operations (just generally doing shit in 0-g) ))
You get inside, shaking snow off your boots, and approach the quartermaster, who gets up and asks, "So, what'll you be having?"
((Sorry, I don't know what a WARDEN is. Could you explain?"))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find vials and syringes from the ship's medical supplies. Use syringes to take blood samples from every pod. Use vials if they run out. Keep each one separate.

(( how long would it take me to remove all the brains using my full speed? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Chester is worried about those jets: And who the bloody hell are those?
He descends back to te first floor, runs out of the ship, then holds his rifle at ready and looks for the noise source with the rifle's scope, trying to identify those guys who are coming.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:13:55 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile

Skill: Dexterity I
Professional Knowledge: Fishing I, Melee Combat I

Markus was confused by the Bartender's reaction. He wasn't really used to civilized etiquette, so he usually just went around wearing his clothes all day until he had to wash them in the morning.
Then he looked down and saw the blood. "Oh. I'll, uh.. get that taken care of later."
Taking sips of the lemonade, which was like the drink of the gods to Markus, he listened to what Moshe had to say.

"Oh, heh. I guess you could say that's how I've always done it. I mean, when you have an army of little brothers, sisters, and cousins all stabbing the gubbins out of one of the beasts, you kinda get used to it after a while. I guess it might be a bit different here, but uh, I still prefer a sharp weapon over a bullet. Does some of the cutting work for me already."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chester is worried about those jets: And who the bloody hell are those?
He descends back to the first floor, runs out of the ship, then holds his rifle at ready and looks for the noise source with the rifle's scope, trying to identify those guys who are coming.
[5] After some sweeping, you find the source of the noise. It's just a dot on the horizon just yet, but it's rapidly approaching, skimming forward on powerful jet engines, its hoverpad supporting it a few meters above the ground. Due to the lack of friction, jethovers can reach speeds of above half a thousand kilometers per hour. Of course, you can't see any details yet. You surmise that the jethover will pass between two rocky outcroppings before arriving.
Spoiler: HEXMAP (click to show/hide)

Find vials and syringes from the ship's medical supplies. Use syringes to take blood samples from every pod. Use vials if they run out. Keep each one separate.

(( how long would it take me to remove all the brains using my full speed? ))
((A shitload of time. It's neurosurgery, not flower-arranging. Besides, eighty brains must weigh quite a lot, and it's not like you can stuff them in a canvas bag and call it a day. You would need something to stop those brains from becoming even more useless than they are now.))
[1] You run off to look for the ship's medical supplies, and to your great surprise, you even find them. Grabbing a box of test tubes, you begin taking samples from the storage tanks, carefully storing each tube away. Soon, the ground-level pods are all done. You climb the scaffolding to get to the second level, and take samples there as well. Cheered by your proficiency, you start climbing to the third level of scaffolding, and that's where the shit goes down. Like, literally down. The first and second levels tear away from the third and fourth, and fold down with a sad sighing noise, crashing pods against each other. For you, it results in a few pants-crappingly nasty moments, but since you were on the top level of the whole mess, you emerge unscathed, and the upper levels are holding.
You count - forty samples. Getting the other forty is going to be a pain in the ass.

Skill: Dexterity I
Professional Knowledge: Fishing I, Melee Combat I

Markus was confused by the Bartender's reaction. He wasn't really used to civilized etiquette, so he usually just went around wearing his clothes all day until he had to wash them in the morning.
Then he looked down and saw the blood. "Oh. I'll, uh.. get that taken care of later."
Taking sips of the lemonade, which was like the drink of the gods to Markus, he listened to what Moshe had to say.

"Oh, heh. I guess you could say that's how I've always done it. I mean, when you have an army of little brothers, sisters, and cousins all stabbing the gubbins out of one of the beasts, you kinda get used to it after a while. I guess it might be a bit different here, but uh, I still prefer a sharp weapon over a bullet. Does some of the cutting work for me already."
"Well, right. To tell the truth, I've never been too reliant on tech, either. Still, sometimes it's nice to wear a battlesuit to a fight instead of boxers and a hat. Say, this world's shaping up fine, innit? Nice weather, good hunting, no retarded-ass government to bullshit your face. This could be a greater place than Earth ever was." He takes a swig.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

"What do you have? I gotta go get some lumber, so do you have any loggers? Oh, and do you have any old C20-Cs?"

((Wardens are something I grabbed off the top of my head, think a mostly-space-only ESAU suit.
Meanwhile C20-Cs are a ripped off thing from SS13, think 12mm bullpup assault rifle that in this case is good for use in space and 20 round clips.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Continue gathering my samples up quickly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:14:13 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Continue gathering my samples up quickly.
((Sorry if it was unclear - the pods are arranged on scaffolding attached to the walls, in four layers of twenty pods each. You have harvested the first two levels, and then they collapsed. The last two levels are now hanging from the wall at least three stories above you.))
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54