Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58866 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #360 on: December 14, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »

Now, this door is stronger than the outer one, being rated to actually survive the ship's screaming descent, but you still manage to put a few rather sizable dents in it. Not much more, though.
- Well, let's blow it up then.
Go check if i can remove some explosives from kick-off charges.
You approach the closest charge and inspect it. It's little more than a box with two thick wires trailing from it. You surmise that the wires pass through a detonator box, heating up when enough current is applied to them. They do not seem as affected by whatever fried the circuitry in the door panels: they're much thicker.
You shrug and rip the charge off the wall with a grunt. Now what?

Search the room for a.control panel to bring up the ship's log to see what happened.
You circle around the central section, but don't find anything. By rights, the computer controlling the landing process should be inside, on the second floor, if you remember correctly.

Markus gets up, dusting off his parka and getting his stuff in order.

"Bigger than that, actually. Think killer whales. Then again, I did have a family of little buggers to help me take the beasts down. This is good, though; should suffice for now until we can get something larger to transport our findings in. Good work, that was top-notch shooting. Not that I've really used a rifle though, I prefer a blade myself."
Carry the smaller of the fishes, with Moshe carrying the larger one, and head back to the camp.
"And I thought being an IDF soldier was tough and macho. I think my self-esteem just shrunk by several inches."
You shoulder the semi-croc - it's warm-blooded, by the way: you should know that best of all, seeing as a large volume of said blood is now decorating your coat - while Moshe struggles with dragging the dolphin out of the hole. [5(+1)] The large Israeli drags the creature out on the ice with some effort: all in all, it's almost five meters long. He grabs it by the tail and starts dragging it along, grunting with exertion. It seems that he will be able to move it, though it won't be fast.

Begin digging a mine near the encampment
You shoulder your laser and march off happily, humming a tune about how prospecting is for pussies and all a real man needs is a big enough gun. Soon, you come upon a low hill: it's about a hundred and fifty meters from the camp proper.
[3] You raise the laser to your hip like a thousand-megawatt phallus of death, and depress the trigger. It buzzes low, almost in infra-sound, and the hillside erupts in steam, then the steam billows away, and the soil below starts to run and melt like hot plasticine. When you're done establishing your dominance over the landscape, you're standing before a hole several meters wide and about five meters deep. The walls of the hole glow softly, and your laser's cooling tubes hiss and sputter when snow falls on them.

((Right, Dwarmin. Hope to have you back soon. Also guize, how do I changed thread title? And sorry about taking so long: felt like crap the whole day.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »

((To change thread name, go to OP, press modify. You'll access the same screen you saw when created the thread))

With some esplosives in his hands, Chester tried to think of the whole situation a bit. If those are triggered by electric current, it seems they'll need significantly more of those thick wires to trigger it from a distance while blowing out the door mentioned previously.
One more thing is seems strange to him. If something roasted the whole ships' electronics, it should be a good voltage jump in the whole system. So why the hell are those are still in place? Oк фьниу they just weren't heated enough to detonate. Any way, to his mind, only some kind of EMI-weaponry could do something like this.

((If my knowledge of physics sucks, nevermind previous sentence))

Action: rip off more thick cables from other charges nearby, circuit them with my charge, then go plunk it on the door. Then get away from the door with one end of wires in my hands and take cover behind neaest pod.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:34:07 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »

Wait around for the door to be opened.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:49 pm »

((Without Dwarmin and Gamerlord at our side, it's not interesting - I'm going here and doing this, you're going there and doing that, Avis writes short update of our sucsess in these actions, GOTO 1))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2013, 05:07:31 pm »

((Just you wait, sucka. What's wrong with Gamerlord, BTW?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12:49 pm »

((Just you wait, sucka. What's wrong with Gamerlord, BTW?))
((No posts since december 13th. I'm pretty impatient sometimes.))
Sigs

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2013, 12:29:54 am »

((Sorry, there just isn't much for me to react to. I'm just following along covering you like a good soldier.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2013, 02:50:57 am »

((Sorry, there just isn't much for me to react to. I'm just following along covering you like a good soldier.))
((That is truly good thing. Sorry for unjustified accusations.))
Sigs

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2013, 12:44:29 pm »

Markus smiled. "Don't feel so bad. It's nothing, really. The only danger comes when the beasts pull you under the surface; then, you're in their territory, and that's where the real fight comes in. Anyways, let's get these things back."

Continue back to the camp.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2013, 01:42:51 pm »

PTW, I am going to make a sheet shortly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2013, 02:03:36 pm »

((To change thread name, go to OP, press modify. You'll access the same screen you saw when created the thread))

With some esplosives in his hands, Chester tried to think of the whole situation a bit. If those are triggered by electric current, it seems they'll need significantly more of those thick wires to trigger it from a distance while blowing out the door mentioned previously.
One more thing is seems strange to him. If something roasted the whole ships' electronics, it should be a good voltage jump in the whole system. So why the hell are those are still in place? Oк фьниу they just weren't heated enough to detonate. Any way, to his mind, only some kind of EMI-weaponry could do something like this.

((If my knowledge of physics sucks, nevermind previous sentence))

Action: rip off more thick cables from other charges nearby, circuit them with my charge, then go plunk it on the door. Then get away from the door with one end of wires in my hands and take cover behind neaest pod.
You gather a thick bundle of cables and start threading them together. When you're done, you have more than ten meters of wires separating you and all the explodifying action. You tape the charge to the door with some band-aids from Kathryn's medkit and take cover behind a pod, holding the wires in your hands. Now you just need a power source...

Let the hole cool.
You stand around while the fruit of your labors steams and cools off. The sun is going down, and almost half the moon is now in the sky. It's about five times as large as Luna. You suppose the nights here aren't very dark.

Markus smiled. "Don't feel so bad. It's nothing, really. The only danger comes when the beasts pull you under the surface; then, you're in their territory, and that's where the real fight comes in. Anyways, let's get these things back."

Continue back to the camp.
"You're a badass little sod, Markus. Drinks later?"
You plod back to camp, Moshe's dolphin and the croc's guts leaving a nice trail of blood behind you. You have sure shown the bastards who's King of Beasts.
Would be a shame if all that meat turned out to be inedible, wouldn't it?

Wait around for the door to be opened.
You and Sean lounge around like two bored socialites: you've tried to armwrestle to pass the time, but to Sean's indignation, discovered that Will cheats. Like, a lot. Well, who wouldn't if they had shock hands?

PTW, I am going to make a sheet shortly.
((Great. I'll write you right in. It's gonna be violence time soon, so prepare.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

((Joy.))
Spoiler: Everett Owen (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2013, 02:30:51 pm »

You gather a thick bundle of cables and start threading them together. When you're done, you have more than ten meters of wires separating you and all the explodifying action. You tape the charge to the door with some band-aids from Kathryn's medkit and take cover behind a pod, holding the wires in your hands. Now you just need a power source...
- Hey, cyborg! Yes, I mean you, metalhanded-Will! Come over here! All the others - get cover.
When Will approaches my hideout behind droppod, pass him the cables i hold in my hands and ask him to put some electricity through those. When he does, yell FIRE IN THE HOLE!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:35:08 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55:10 pm »

Find something to hide behind then shock the cables.

" Yeah yeah I get the idea, I was busy whooping this guy in arm wrestling."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54