Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58588 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2013, 05:30:11 am »

(( Nice idea but once I've got an army of robotic warriors, tanks and choppers do I really need a flesh and blood enforcer who'll die of old age and get weaker? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:09 am »

(( Nice idea but once I've got an army of robotic warriors, tanks and choppers do I really need a flesh and blood enforcer who'll die of old age and get weaker? ))
((People will always respond better to threats from one of their own...))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:50 am »

(( Fair point, I should make a robot that looks like you!!!! ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2013, 05:40:43 am »

((Damnit you bastard. Guess I'm gonna have to kill you.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2013, 05:47:29 am »

(( Hahaha, don't worry I'll wait until you die before I use your face to scare children :P. I might even use your real face :P.))
Caine's law.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2013, 05:48:25 am »

((I'm gonna have to murder you for that.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2013, 06:04:46 am »

((Why are we here anyway? Can we get some background, like info on known animals, resources, social/political situation?))
((Well, first, corporations which sponsor the effort get huge tax breaks world-wide. Second, the conglomerate that sent you here is practically a nation unto itself - with you here to stake a claim, it may become one de-jure as well as de-facto. Third, they're hoping to turn a profit on the whole exploration thing through your research. The final and most important point is that the global situation on Earth is degrading. It does one no good to turn a steady profit on a planet that can erupt in nuclear fire if somebody coughs too loudly.

As for info on the socio-political situation on Earth, most of it is now urban sprawl, and natural resources are rapidly running out. There is a marked tendency toward agglomeration in nations - for example, the Slavic Coalition, which is Russia, eastern Ukraine, and Belarus, is now basically a single city - even if they wanted to break up, they would still have to deal with the fact that their border runs across city blocks. The Pan-American Alliance is still markedly different in South America and North America, and those two parts are independently governed, but it's a single state on paper. The EU is still the EU, and the PRC is still the PRC, with the exception of the fact that it now includes Mongolia. Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Kyrgyzstan are kind of loosely allied, as are the Arab states. Israel is Israel-ing on as always. Africa is united around Angola, DRC, and CAR. They have a Social-Democratic government, and call themselves the African Commonwealth. Those are the major players.

Of megacorporations, there is the Union for the Advancement of Trade and Technology (UATT), which paid for your expedition, the Cybersun Corp, mostly based in Asia, and the Agricultural Society, which formed in Africa, and makes a killing on selling grub to people's fat asses.

Currently, there are several camps on Boreas. The closest to you is the Slavic Coalition camp. It is useful to know that they are not in any way subordinate to Coalition government - it basically paid them to move their butts here, and that's all. Still, they are all ethnic Slavs. Then there's the African camp on the smallest continent - they look to claim the whole landmass for themselves. The Cybersun camp is on the same continent as you, but on the opposite coast of it. As far as you know, the Chinese are due to arrive in several weeks' time. The others will be dropping in after them.

As for resources, there are several sources of iron near your camp. Boreas is generally rich in iron ore and bauxites (Al2O3). You should have no problem making steel, duralumin, or whatever.

As for the local fauna, you'll get to meet it soon enough. He-he.

Somebody, name the continents, please. I rack my brains, but can't think of anything suitable. (There are three in all, in case you forgot.)))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2013, 06:06:50 am »

(( I wouldn't bother, considering I'm planning brain surgery on myself I'll probably do it for you. ))
Caine's law.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2013, 11:04:29 am »

Elisor, Corhiah, Tirius, Oronus, Jauda, Khione, Hesion, Telaio, Lenor, Feiyonos.

There's some names for you.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:49:29 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:57 am »

"Jacques here. I see the pod stuck in the water. Moving to assist. Keep me informed about any other stranded pods. Jacques out."

Collect gear and move to the pod in the river.

((Sorry about that. Bit... unfocused yesterday.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2013, 11:50:16 am »

((I was thinking something historically or mythologically winter-related. Whoa, I just got an idea: Tuonela for the largest one, Pohjola for the middle one, and Lintukoto for the smallest one. In Finnish mythology, those are respectively the land of the dead, the Northland in the epic of Kalevala, and a place where migratory birds were believed to go in winter. Pretty neat, in my opinion.

And never mind, USEC_OFFICER. Judging by the update speed of some other games I'm participating in, we're an example of punctuality. Now we just have to wait for the dwarf.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »

Ok,landed on a planet far from everyone else, presumably. Let's look for some things to use... and I propbably should hike up the hill.

Look for sticks or rocks that are lieing around. While doing so, climb up the hill.

((My character had training for surviving in situations like this. Also, my guy presumably did something in simulators or on other planets in the Earth solar system.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2013, 04:11:39 pm »

((.That's not gonna help as much as you'd think. We knew nothing about this planet, animals or plant life.

Out here were the bottom of the food chain right now. Beware touching the rocks they might have teeth. ))
Caine's law.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2013, 04:15:43 pm »

((.That's not gonna help as much as you'd think. We knew nothing about this planet, animals or plant life.

Out here were the bottom of the food chain right now. Beware touching the rocks they might have teeth. ))

((If he wanders away from his pod he's likely to get eaten by space wolves. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2013, 04:26:20 pm »

((Oooh! It's update time! Gimme a sec... OK, gimme two.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54