Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58514 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Me and every human on the planet who doesn't want to become a mindless slave. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

((As long as it aint you bub. As long as it aint you.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Well I don't need slaves so no problem. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yes, I must say that you dont need any slaves to appear as you do. You seem to have large enough reserves of [RETRACTED, IN BAD TASTE] as it is.))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Uhm ok I'm assuming that means drones.  But sure whatever. ))
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

((In my homeland, the expression most appropriate to this situation is is "Ladies, stop fighting, I've got the lipstick." I'm updating soon-ish, a few hours later or tomorrow, depending on how it turns out.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

((Okay, action time. Forgot to add it to my last talky-post))
Leave my own body and follow with my entity to some living organism that is a part of us and appears to be the nearest to the convoy.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:18:16 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Action: Follow likewise
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time to tell the armorer about the need for fire. Afterwards, get on the roof for sniping.
You head for the armory, where you tell Matveenko you need fire to fight mind-control aliens. Matveenko gives you a neutral look and an incendiary grenade. He points to the label on it, which says, "DO NOT USE WHILE INEBRIATED". You try your best to look responsible and accept the grenade with a nod.
Then you climb to the top level of the ship, squeezing past the observation guys, and climb out onto the ablative hemisphere through a porthole. The view from here is good; you're quite confident in your ability to put a bullet through whatever you see.

Head for the guy in charge, whatever-his-name-is.
Give me a minute.
After some looking, you find Al-Radi on the fourth floor, in a small cubicle which he has claimed for his office. There's a desk and not much more. Hearing you enter, he looks up at you and asks, "Yes, what is it?"

Commence operation fuck shit up, hit the convoy targetting the object they're towing. Hit it with the charge then drop the grenades on the vehicles doing the towing.

Send an open message demanding the camp surrender then count to 1 and fly in the drone. Blow it near the ship so it collapses on whatever the bomb doesn't destroy.

[3] The rigged drone swoops down on the hoverbarge, while your second drone gains some elevation to observe the results. The barge vanishes in a flash of white light while the jethovers veer and scatter to the sides, their towlines melted and burned by the explosive package. When the smoke clears, you can see that the hovers are pretty much all right, while the barge is lying flat on its belly, a huge jagged hole blown in its roof. It was a military model intended for troop transport, with sturdy armor, but the mining charge appears to have done that in. You see a few people stumble out, but it seems that the majority of the barge's occupants are dead and fried. However, with the load gone, the hovers pick up speed. Estimated time until arrival - two hours or less.
[3] You announce that you have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and they have a second until the gum runs out. Then you drop the kamikaze right near the base of the ship while the rest of your drones scatter. There's a brilliant flash that seems to distort the air around its edges. The ship rocks, but does not tip over; however, you doubt that was pleasant to anybody inside. One barrack building has been obliterated utterly, while the other is on fire - small figures are running about with buckets, trying to put it all out. The mining installation was a ways off the base, so it is unharmed.

Leave my own body and follow with my entity to some living organism that is a part of us and appears to be the nearest to the convoy.
[1] It's a small squirrel-like creature that scuttles across the frozen branches. You are having some difficulty controlling its small, agile form - it gives you a disembodied sort of headache. You spot the six hovers moving quickly forward, then decide this creature is certainly not what you need, and return to your own body, leaving the squirrel to its own devices.
When you're back in your own body, you do a quick calculation: if each of the jethovers is loaded to max capacity, they are carrying eighty-four soldiers.

Action: Follow likewise
[3] The thing you are currently inhabiting is a raptor-like creature like the one you saw in the tunnels: it has flat feet to run across the snow, and a sharp snout with a horn plate on the nose, probably for breaking the snowy crust to catch the rodents that scurry below.
The column of jethovers is approaching from the south; those are the same model as the sleek white machine you captured before. They are covered in soot and burn marks, but otherwise unharmed. A pillar of smoke is rising in the distance behind them.

((Sorry guise, accidentally totalled my PC, still have to un-total it. You could start collecting my excuses for being late or something.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

The mission went to hell. The Russians are all gone and some kinda mind-controlling xeno lives there. The other two chose to remain and... Join with it. Once this crisis is resolved, we'll be needing to nuke the fuck out of that thing.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waitlist please.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waitlist please.
((Okay, submit your charsheet whenever.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"Let's look for something a bit bigger." McGaw that was suggests.

Action: We need more firepower...my present form looks for a more dangerous beast or beasts with which to stop the column.

At the same time, my actual body (I assume I can control all I need to) goes into the Russian base and looks for some communication equipment so I can contact our home base.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:36:22 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Fuck beast-controlling. I'm a man with a shotgun.

Head out of the tunnels. Get to the kitchen in Yermakov Ostrog and try to find any decent (non-poisonous) foods, then cook'em and eat'em.

What is so bad about it? I'm nervous, and when I'm nervous, I'm either enraged or hungry.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wander down to the bosses' office, there point out that not all mind-controlling aliums are necessarily evil, and to wait before burning them all. Suggest that we call the other base and point out that all this shit is just hurting us all by reducing the quantity of viable genomes that are able to reproduce.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54