Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58511 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

McGaw blinks, and the involuntary gesture is carried-quite accidentally-through many of the forms in unison.

She feels...for the first time, she feels what was so long denied to her-by birth, and by nurture. There are heavier dreams underneath, and she feels now she could rifle through them as easy as a stack of papers in a folder-her life that was before, a mystery of a genetic marvel, is now come more into light. Oddly, she no longer feels much need to, though. It's all quite distant and unimportant...or is it? There's still a McGaw...and while she no longer exactly has a body, there is still a part of her that remains, her. For now, anyway. She still wants /eggnog/.

A dim part of her still wants Al-Radi and coffee and his smile, and though her grief seems now shared between many hearts, she understands this can never be now. What they have become is more and less than they could ever be-he and her kind are beyond them, will not, would not understand. She would not wish this upon anyone who did not choose it of free will. It is a great change. But these thoughts hurt her still, and she wonders if her fears will spread through the forms like an infection-if her secret heart laid bare, may prove a burden. Then there is an echo of loss and she does not feel so alone.

She opens her mouth and realizes she doesn't need to speak to be heard.

"Yes, I...we...are all right. Such an expansion. I can feel Chester-was, I can feel the heart beating in his chest. A hundred hearts, in one body...but not my heart, not my mind.

Odd. I like the name Pyotr better."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Well it's gonna suck having to kill half the players. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((They had their chance.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yup and I can do it without leaving the comfort of my bed. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

((Not actually sure you can manage to do that))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Robotic kamikazes. ))
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Had to change it when moved to Alaska. Could not get any work with it - everyone was pointing that my place is in Slavic Colaition. I liked it better, too. May call me that way, if you want. Our minds only exist in us - I mean, the whole entity won't lose anything if our personalities will disslove in it, so, if we want to be ourselves, we have to remind that to us.
You know what just came into my mind? We are one of the first men granted with immortality of some kind. Or minds now... backuped(?) in almost every beast on this continent, if not the whole planet.

((Wildlife of the whole planet, Patrick. Remeber who won in Cameron's Avatar?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

((Then we'll scorch the motherfucking earth and leave nothing alive.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Ahhh but you have a hive mind in a single location. Kill it and you all die. In Avatar they didn't. I'll sink the entire continent and drown you all if needs be. I can rebuild. ))
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Not likely that you have enough explosives, boy. We'll find that out in practice anyway, no sense in arguing at all.))
Sigs

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suppose you are right. It's like..."

She sends an image of a creature, impossibly strange to them before now, yet a native of this world and known to them implicitly. It uses a long, needle like beak to crack open a sort of liquid eggshell, to be born.

"I'd imagine humanity is the cost of immortality...But, before we lose ourselves to the whole...and some part of me regrets that...we should do what we came to do. Let's turn our powers to help our friends survive the assault of the...enemy. Even if we fade after-even if they see us monsters, and come with torches and guns, we can help them.

Do you agree Pyotr?"
She asked-but her question now reverberated through the whole of their consciousness, and all beings would now judge their collective will in unison.

From McGaw that was, she hoped that her own feelings would come to be adopted in whole-pity for the weak, mercy not to kill unless forced to, the drive to understand and nurture, rather than destroy-to make things better, not just for them-but for everyone.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pyotr turns his body to Kathryn. Seeing her thoughts and knowing she sees yours somehow is... strange.
- I don't actually see a reason, Kathryn. They want to burn us, to stomp us, to vivisect us. Why should we help them? Let the Cybersun wipe them, and let it have it's uranium deposits. Else, they go for us at instance and forget that we were their saviors. Not even forget, but disregard that fact, due to our new nature.
Think over your new possibilities - a new eternal life with endless resources and a whole planet to research. Who needs men here, since we are now an equal part of it's natural life with all of the continent at our disposal? As for me, I have skills to protect my new home, while you have skills to make it better.
Sigs

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We should help them because they deserve a chance. Might we find they view us in a different light, then? Might we be better than they would be to us? No one knew mercy till someone else chanced it.

Our old world...was wasted in wars and hatred. It's possible we can make this world a better one. But, it will take risk-and blood shed, no doubt. I am aware that all good things can grow horrors, but...

I still want to try. There is...good, in them...or was, in us. And while I see in new eyes the world before me, I do not forget what came before. Why should the singular mind be an abomination to us? I say we tend to them-and be watchful. There is an accord that can be reached, I believe.

If only for the sake all we have given to be one, I would still say we do this.

If only for practicality-the Cybersun will come for us, nonetheless. They do not understand. Why not slay them justly, when they do not expect our presence? And then we will have new forms and biomass...and if an accord cannot be reached...we will have the strength to enforce our peace."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chester thinks out the situation on the whole.
- There is sense in what you say. But still, if we appear in the middle of the attack, all of them will be aware of our... condition. We hve a slight chance to intercept their attack forces, if we act quickly.
But be aware that I do not agree with you. I'd like to start everything from a blanc list. I see no way to select men from the crowd so it could share our convictions exept force-inception method.
Sigs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

SO... Its Patrick Hunt VS planet? Where do I join the planet side?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54