Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58685 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2013, 11:17:43 am »

Action: find some lone place to get into exoskeleton((i suppose it's slim enough to))put on my longcoat above it, fix knife's scabbard on hip, grab my guns and go for McGaw
"Got it."
Grab the hatchet and go to meet up with McGraw.
You get yourselves kitted out and arrive to the autobay, which is right beneath the ship, under its huge engine exhausts.
Build a schematic of the military arm on me from the scans of it then acquire any parts I'm lacking from the quartermaster and build one myself after building a lung and kidney.

While I wait for the parts to arrive go through the legs and pick out the pair that is both most durable and the most agile, also check the hearts to see which one is stronger.

Join the team when it's ready to go, load a crate with my surgical kit as well as a heart and put it on the buggy. Ensure my arm gun is loaded. Put the lung and kidney in the crate if completed in time, also bring an external battery pack that fits the heart and enough tubing to connect up a dozen people.

You scrounge up a few parts and build [6] the mightiest lung on this whole planet. You think you overengineered it a bit. [4]Then you fit a few filters together, bam, kidney. You pick up a few legs and arms, a surgery smartkit, and throw it all into a crate.
Then you try to run a scan on the D.I.A arm. The display lights up with a warning: "You are infringing on the intellectual property of D.I.A. Desist immediately: your actions constitute breach of contract."

Action: Assemble the go team for the mission-Williams of course if she's in, a dependable comm/techie, and any PC's that want to go.
Williams peeks in tentatively, then enters. "Well, that makes four of us. Shall we wait for more volunteers? Mr. Hazec may want to join us, I think."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2013, 11:18:15 am »

"Sweet, I'm good at recon. So... Is work ALL you do?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23:44 am »

Shut off the alarm then continue. Disable the alarm permanently.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:14 am »

"We don't need many more...let's wait for one or two" ((So, six people or at least until 8 IRL hours have passed))

"I was created to work, Mr. O"Driscoll. Most of my genetic pre-dispositions are designed to facilitate my profession-I can work longer without sleep, calculate more complex notions and theories, disregard certain social needs, and my memory is nearly photographic...among many other things." She says a bit icily. "And, if I had wanted to do something else, I suppose this isn't a very good place to begin...loafing around. I'd have no idea where to start, um, 'not working'. Work is all I know how to do. Why waste my skills and limited time on frivolities?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:04 am »

"Then why work? I men, I work so I can go off and do what I want later... Why do you work?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2013, 11:34:44 am »

"Why is an odd question.

Why do you breathe? Because you wish to continue to exist...my existence is...so far...defined by what I produce in the realm of my research for the benefit of humanity and Bioglo. So, I work because it gives me a function in society. Without a function, I would not exist-I would not have been created in the first place. There is no why. I merely persist in having a reason to live through my function. If my circumstances were to change, I might have to find a new function, or adjust my current goals and expectations as such to fit into the new view. But, I've so far found no such variable."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2013, 11:38:38 am »

Shut off the alarm then continue. Disable the alarm permanently.
((Dude...Whatever you say.))
Cursing under your breath, you enter your administrative override codes, and start running the scan.
You hear a short beep. The black box that you were unable to identify earlier lights up in the middle - turns out that its top lid is a non-reflective display - and displays a number.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2013, 11:39:59 am »

"Well that's gotta suck. Hm. If you want a 'change in circumstances', may I suggest taking some time off and getting utterly plastered? If anything, you probably won't be immune to the hangover."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:33 am »

"On the contrary, I'm quite content with my life. I've never wanted for anything, nor suffered the qualms and insecurities which plague normal people. I am at peace with who I am and what I am. It's a state of contentment many might have called 'Nirvana', back when the phrase was more well known.

And, like I said-most alcohol will not affect my senses. My systems are immune to most low grade chemicals and drugs, to certain limits-I'm not immune to bio toxins, of course. Anything strong enough to affect me would be nearly lethal to you-and from what I've heard, some alcohol is made this way...

I may take your idea of time off, however. A variable must be tested if it's ever to change, after all."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53:07 am »

"Better you than me. Your life would drive me mad in a week. Wait a second. Either of you know how long a day is here? No one told me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2013, 11:56:59 am »

"By my own viewpoint, you are already quite mad, Mr. O'Driscoll." Kathryn says. Though her composure doesn't change, she intends this to be a joke.

"...Also, the Borean day is remarkably similar to the Earth-Standard day. Approximately 24 hours, 17 minutes, and 19 seconds long."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:49 pm »

"If only you knew, miss. If only you knew."
(Shit, gotta sleep now. RP in morning if you're still on.)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2013, 12:19:39 pm »

"By my own viewpoint, you are already quite mad, Mr. O'Driscoll." Kathryn says. Though her composure doesn't change, she intends this to be a joke.

- To my mind, we're all a bit mad here, on Boreas, ma'am. Because no normal man or woman would give up his or her home forever.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:22:41 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

- To my mind, we're all a bit mad here, on Boreas, ma'am. Because no normal man or woman would give up his or her home forever.

"Another point for my relative sanity, then. I spent my youth raised in a Bioglo children's creche in an undisclosed location. I had no home then, or after. No place I felt tied down to. Boreas is as much my home now as Earth was."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2013, 02:36:17 pm »

Shut down the arms power source to disable the bomb then remove it. Stop the scan until it's done.

(( The bombs trigger has to be powered by the arms battery right? ))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:52:30 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 54