Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340604 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr grunts, takes out the ring (giving it one last observation, in case the burning he felt when fighting the Necromancer changed it) and assuming he sees nothing, puts it in the backpack and gives it to Aurel.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Nadarr grunts, takes out the ring (giving it one last observation, in case the burning he felt when fighting the Necromancer changed it) and assuming he sees nothing, puts it in the backpack and gives it to Aurel.

The runes on it aren't glowing and despite feeling a bit warm from being pressed up against your body, nothing is wrong with it. You stow it in the bag and hand it to Aurel. Symon will have to deal without carrying everything but his weapon for a bit.

You sell the goods for (7500+(including the blades Alexander had grabbed and Nadarr repaired) 6850/6 = 2391gp 6sp 6cp with 1 copper left over

Night falls, and Aurel returns with the bag hidden. You meet with the dwarves who hail you as you approach and they praise you all (and buy you each a drink). Drink or not, the party has barely enough time for the one drink when the red mist starts to form again. You all hear (to some) an all too familiar laugh as Olon appears when the red mist disappears.

"Welcome back! I'm sorry to see two of you did not make it, but glad that two more came on board.

My master thought it would be best to pay you a bonus after the words we heard from the dwarves and the news south of here. You've done a great deed. But I must ask that before that is done, I must ask that you give what is due. I'm prepare to give you all an equal share of thirty platinum coins. And of course, that value is placed into gems for the dragonborn here.

Now. My master's ring?"

He lets out his wide and joyous grin that shows signs of a deep well of madness as he extends his hand to the party.

"...You DO have it, do you not?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Charming Gaze on Olon

"It's in the Abyss. We got some help along the way and gave the ring to him for safekeeping. He went insane at the end and threw himself at a portal to the abyss."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charming Gaze on Olon

"It's in the Abyss. We got some help along the way and gave the ring to him for safekeeping. He went insane at the end and threw himself at a portal to the abyss."
(16+11+4) (?) He looks at you. "So... You let someone I didn't go with you hold onto my master's ring who I'm fairly certain would never have received pay?

You must really lack a brain, Aurel. I would've thought that you spearheading this campaign as the leader, you would've made a proper decision."

He walks towards and his face turns to pity.

"No wonder your father exiled you. Too proud to know his place and too stupid to lead. You're a failure of a noble and of a son; a disgrace to your entire kind. Perhaps your "dog" really holds you on a leash."

He laughs as he looks at Nadarr as waves his metal hand in his direction, as if TAUNTING the dragonborn for their last encounter.

He turns to Karl.

"Sir Karl Brandhart. Perhaps you could tell me what REALLY happened with the ring? And perhaps where it's kept?"

His metal hand clanks as he waves it about, almost every movement towards Nadarr.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aurel's face darkens and becomes even more pale than it usually is. He discreetly moves into shadows if any are nearby and not too likely to arouse suspicion. Party members who have known Aurel for a long time can feel anger ready to burst under his facade.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl meets Olon's gaze levelly, knowing that offering another story would do no good, and follows up on Aurel's story.

"He had picked up the ring among the treasure taken from the thief and his companions, driven insane by the state of the fortress. We had planned to trade him a gem or two for the ring after we had fought our way out. His insanity was unfortunate and unexpected. Since we failed in our task, we are prepared to pay back the commission you paid us for this task, with our apologies." he says smoothly.

Diplomancy on Olon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr's gaze hardens, and he growls.

Do you insult me, machine? I have fought flame and shadow while you wait behind.

((Em, don't suppose Intimidate will do much, but may as well :P Don't forget the faceplate's bonus. Wish he hadn't aggravated Nadarr.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl meets Olon's gaze levelly, knowing that offering another story would do no good, and follows up on Aurel's story.

"He had picked up the ring among the treasure taken from the thief and his companions, driven insane by the state of the fortress. We had planned to trade him a gem or two for the ring after we had fought our way out. His insanity was unfortunate and unexpected. Since we failed in our task, we are prepared to pay back the commission you paid us for this task, with our apologies." he says smoothly.

Diplomancy on Olon
((Gonna give Aurel his bonus to bluff to you as well since he succeeded))

(12+6+4) (?) (10+11) (?) He seems to believe the bluff but frowns upon compensation.

"No wonder your father left you to your own vices of faith. If your mother saw you now, she'd be ashamed of you. I'm sure she's turning in her grave right now at your incompetence. You're not worthy to carry your name... Or that blade.

Poor poor Karl; always in the shadow of his brothers. They're probably enjoying themselves with your absence. I'm certain when you return your blade, they'll tell you to leave again because you're nothing to them."

He turns to Symon and stands above the young man and looks down on him before putting a heavy metal hand on Symon's shoulder

"Maybe you can shed some light on this whole ordeal? After all... Your parents DID teach you to live an honest life of purity, am I right?"

He grins maliciously as you feel his overwhelming presence above you. (?) vs (20) You feel very intimidated by him.

Nadarr's gaze hardens, and he growls.

Do you insult me, machine? I have fought flame and shadow while you wait behind.

((Em, don't suppose Intimidate will do much, but may as well :P Don't forget the faceplate's bonus. Wish he hadn't aggravated Nadarr.))
He deliberately ignores everything you said, more focused on Symon right now.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl steps next to Symon, a solid wall of steel and faith at his shoulder. His voice carries a trace of his well-buried anger. "Ah, Olon... to know so much, yet understand so little. Did they replace part of your brain along with your arm, perhaps?" he says lightly.

Attempt to disrupt his intimidate or bolster Symon. ((Diplomacy or intimidate roll?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move in position.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move in position.
((Position of? Attack?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just a position where Aurel will be ready if things get ugly.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon takes a few moments to compose himself, closing his eyes and muttering a few prayers to Bahamut underneath his breath. Finally he opens them and says, "My parents didn't teach me anything, since I am an orphan. But the monks who raised me taught me not to be truthful in all things, so I will say that I died on the expedition and came back to life through the will of Bahamut. As such my memory of events in the fortress is quite hazy, and I am unable to shed any light on what happened." He shrugs apologetically and adds, almost as an afterthought, "But as you seem to be ridiculing and threatening us, your manner would make me hesitate to tell you anything that I know."

((I have absolutely no clue what would be rolled here, but Symon has terrible Charisma so whatever is rolled is going to be terrible anyways. So... DM's discretion? Or let's not roll anything because he's not bluffing or trying to be diplomatic? This is going to turn out badly either way, I know it.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, it probably will. At least for Olon. He's currently right next to Symon, who can drop a daily on him, burn an action point, and then drop a second daily on him. There wouldn't be much left in the resulting crater. :P))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It's ridiculous because I beat him by 2 and Karl beat him by 1. We need at least a 5 difference to be able to fully convince him. Unless you crit or he fumbles, I don't see Symon  succeeding in the check. If it comes to fighting, let's just hope the initiative is in our favor.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 344