Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340655 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon is quiet the entire trip back to Mosstone, except to mutter his usual prayers to Bahamut. Of course Symon was very quiet before his death and resurrection, but now he seems more contemplative than awkward and embarrassed.

Unfortunately Symon's composure takes a blow when he sees the state that Thyra is in. Except for the brief moment where their eyes met, Symon keeps his gaze firmly on the floor, leaning on his flail like an old man would his staff. When he hears Aurel's words Symon looks up and rebukes him, "Don't say such lies. The fault for my death lies on me and no one else. Please do not manipulate Thyra in this manner, can't you see that she has suffered enough?"

((Huzzah for not dying again.

Also I'm not certain what most of the loot does, but I get the feeling that they aren't very useful to Symon. Or that he wouldn't ask to have any of them at least, if I remember how he acts.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nadarr is in high spirits. He laughs when Aurel asks for his stuff, and hands over any of Aurel's things he had. In his spare time, he reads the book, trying to uncover its secrets. He also arcana checks all the items from the haul.

However, when he sees Thyra his breath hisses out. Glaring at her, he speaks after Symon, each gesture stiff with anger

She is forsworn and forsaken. Kith, kin and clan are as specks of sand to her. She is the blade in the forge which, never having been burned before, shatters. She is false gold and glass diamonds.

So saying he storms out, pacing outside in his rage in front of the Healer
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:46:42 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Good work, everyone! Sorry to Death about what happened, of course.

Side thought: given Aurel was resurrected, is he still a Vampire? I'd imagine he should be fully alive again.))

To Karl, nothing had ever felt so good as to stand in the doorway and feel the rays of the day's fading light touch his face. The shroud of darkness that the Necromancer had pulled over the area had faded, and Karl collapsed to his knees in exhausted but fervent prayers of thanks to the Raven Queen.

Over the next day, Karl repaired and cleaned his gear and helped with identifying and counting the bags of treasure that Thoradin tirelessly hauled up from the fortress below them. It took some work, but the party managed to keep Nadarr from pocketing the gems outright, despite his dark glares and muttering.

In the afternoon, as the sun shown with renewed vigor, Karl helped bury their dead, offering a short service for each of their fallen companions, praying to the Raven Queen to guide them to their appropriate afterlives.

Aurel:
Karl returns the Thieving Short Sword +1, Talon Amulet +1 and Boots of Stealth to Aurel, and any other personal possessions that were in Karl's bag of holding ((I think these were the only magic items of his that Karl was keeping))

Loot:
Karl claims the Gloaming Shroud Cloak +2, as it was specifically granted to him, and would otherwise like to claim the Ruby Scabbard, the Deepfarer's Pouch and Wavestrider Boots, though he's willing to discuss those with the others. He'd also like one of the Obsidian Steeds once we manage to convert the contents of the cart to more portable forms of wealth, but will let anyone else claim them ahead of him, given his list.

He also splits the gold Alexander and Isbat had collected between everyone equally.

Edit: Ah, 'The Shroud of the Raven Queen' is actually a boon like Weston received. In that case, I'll leave the cloak for someone who actually has some idea of stealth, as that certainly isn't Karl. :P

Epilogue:
Karl smiles as Thyra seems to focus only on Symon, the rest of the world blotted out by her relief at his survival. Shaking his head at the ways of the world, he moves to inspect her wounded limbs, applying his remaining skill in the arts of healing and the healing powers of his Goddess to see if he can do anything for her many broken bones. Perhaps, with time, she can regain use of all of her limbs.

((We also need to figure out what all we have lying around left to do. Without going through the whole thread:
- Deal with Olan's Ring (research more about it definitely and decide to return it, keep it, hide it, or destroy it, etc.)
- Return the remains of the Necromancer for its bounty
- Didn't we also need to return for a reward for the bandits we wiped out on the way there?
- Rub our success in the face of a blackguard.
- Convert our enormous wealth into more mobile format!
- Sell any items that we don't need. We have a cart full of weapons, armor and statuettes. ((Take Karl along for the Streetwise and Diplomacy checks - +12 and +11 are nothing to sneeze at.))
- Deal with the aftereffects of Symon's and Aurel's resurrection
- Research Karl's family longsword, as it's now more then half activated.
- Karl needs to return to his family castle to show he has recovered the blade and request to keep it.
- Add on other quests/needs/etc as you know or remember them.))
You try using lay on hands to heal her, but your magic seems to do nothing.

"Benn has tried for days. I think only time can heal now. I won't be able to assist you, even if you let me. I'll be here if you can ever forgive me..."

((Well, that was dramatic. Good job to everyone for surviving this, there was a real possibility we wouldn't.

Loot: I think it'd be fair for me to get everything I used to have when I died the first time around (I died three times?) plus the gloaming shroud cloak (I'm the one that utilizes shadows and stealth the most in our party I think). I want to check out the frost dagger to see how it fares with mine. Also, I wouldn't mind getting a bag of holding too. As for the money and similar, definitely splitting it before us. Most of the things like things to sell can be put in the party inventory where nobody has a claim on it. I also would like my wine back, please. Gotta have some relief after that.))

A last breath of relaxation is finally released as Alexander goes into the portal. This was the last gambit, him. Even if the Necromancer didn't do anything about it, Alexander had always targeted him first in a fight, ever since the start. Aurel shudders at the thought of his plan having been known to him. Aurel soothes Nadarr's emotions and tells him that we have to talk later to fill him in and talk about more things.

After Aurel gears up and equips everything he takes a rest, making sure his body is okay and inspecting the mark of the raven queen on his arm, giving prayer to the Raven Queen before falling asleep. He goes with Karl and uses his Charisma to increase the price and similar. He also sends messages for all of his contacts to tell him of new tidings.

Epilogue:

Aurel knew what had happened to Thyra. He had after all sent the creatures after her. He had no idea how she'd react at him, but he thought it was best if that knowledge remained hidden. However one thing remained a fact. Symon had died.

Stand next to Symon and talk to Thyra.

"Symon died in there, Thyra. And an extra pair of eyes might've been all that was required to avoid that."

((Once we get some DM explanation about Aurel's condition, we can roleplay our characters, Hanzoku. As it is, I imagine Karl is extremely confused between him thinking I'm a vampire and having some evidence and my mark of the raven queen on my arm.

As for what we have to do, I don't think we should be giving Olon his ring at all. It sounds like an increasingly terrible idea over the length of this adventure. We need to build some more reputation and alliances if you ask me. This is too dangerous of a campaign.))

She looks confused. And shocked you're alive

"Aurel!? But... Symon is here? And you're not our enemy?"

Symon is quiet the entire trip back to Mosstone, except to mutter his usual prayers to Bahamut. Of course Symon was very quiet before his death and resurrection, but now he seems more contemplative than awkward and embarrassed.

Unfortunately Symon's composure takes a blow when he sees the state that Thyra is in. Except for the brief moment where their eyes met, Symon keeps his gaze firmly on the floor, leaning on his flail like an old man would his staff. When he hears Aurel's words Symon looks up and rebukes him, "Don't say such lies. The fault for my death lies on me and no one else. Please do not manipulate Thyra in this manner, can't you see that she has suffered enough?"

((Huzzah for not dying again.

Also I'm not certain what most of the loot does, but I get the feeling that they aren't very useful to Symon. Or that he wouldn't ask to have any of them at least, if I remember how he acts.))

"... I think there's a bigger story behind all this...  Would you-"

Nadarr is in high spirits. He laughs when Aurel asks for his stuff, and hands over any of Aurel's things he had. In his spare time, he reads the book, trying to uncover its secrets. He also arcana checks all the items from the haul.

However, when he sees Thyra his breath hisses out. Glaring at her, he speaks after Symon, each gesture stiff with anger

She is forsworn and forsaken. Kith, kin and clan are as specks of sand to her. She is the blade in the forge which, never having been burned before, shatters. She is false gold and glass diamonds.

So saying he storms out, pacing outside in his rage in front of the Healer

She tries holding back tears, but continues what she was saying.

"... Could you stay awhile and tell me what happened?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

"Oh, yeah, he was dead as dead can be, before I used extra power to revive him alongside me. Mind you, that taxed my power greatly and could barely stand. I think the others can explain to you what happened in my absence."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I can't remember, do you use light armor? If so, the Shockweave Leather Armor wouldn't be bad for Symon. Otherwise, I think you might be using a chunk of your massive share of money in Athkatla picking up items directly tailored to being an Avenger.))

Karl clears his throat uncomfortably, well aware that some of the scars speckling Symon's torso are somewhat... directly his doing. "I understand Nadarr's feelings, it was a shock that you ran like you did. Still, the paths of fate are known only to the Raven Queen, and it was not your fate to face the depths of the fortress. Nadarr says that you broke in the forge... I think you simply faced a different and equally harsh forging. It took great strength of will to keep pulling yourself forward, with every limb broken. Many would have simply laid there and died to avoid that experience. Your courage may have failed you facing the undead, but you found it again to continue forward, despite your wounds."

"To answer your question... Symon died in the fortress, twice. The first time, there was nothing anyone could do - we were caught by surprise by blade spiders, and he had no way to defend himself. Aurel resurrected him at the biding of his master of the time, and eventually, Cromwell and I faced him. He died again by my hand. Finally, we faced a shadow in his likeness, summoned by the Necromancer himself. When that shadow was defeated, and the necromancer changed into a demon of shadows and lava, Symon was returned to life by the grace and power of Bahamut."

"If you wish the full tale of what we experienced in the fortress, perhaps Weston and I can tell our parts of the tale, and perhaps Aurel and Symon can explain what they experienced during their absence from our sides."

If all are in agreement, Karl helps tell the tales of what they experienced in the Fortress, a tale Thyra may weave in the future.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agreed but withholds sensitive information
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agreed but withholds sensitive information
((How sensitive are we talking? PM me the details to leave out))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon nods his assent and waits for Karl to finish speaking so that he can talk about what happened to him while he was dead.

((Symon runs around naked is only proficient in cloth armour, which is functionally the same as being naked. As such he can't wear leather armour at all. It's not all bad though, since he does get +3 AC from wearing cloth due to class abilities.

Also Symon actually buying himself anything seems pretty unlikely right now. I remember him wanting to give all of his money away to the poor or something like that.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon nods his assent and waits for Karl to finish speaking so that he can talk about what happened to him while he was dead.

((Symon runs around naked is only proficient in cloth armour, which is functionally the same as being naked. As such he can't wear leather armour at all. It's not all bad though, since he does get +3 AC from wearing cloth due to class abilities.

Also Symon actually buying himself anything seems pretty unlikely right now. I remember him wanting to give all of his money away to the poor or something like that.))
((Pretty sure that there was some sort of magical armor that one of the players is carrying that you can wear since it WAS yours. I don't remember who though. I'll double check. In the meantime...))

Karl begins telling Thyra who tries her best to sit up, but fails to do so. The party ((someone I hope)) tries to help her get comfortable as she sits attentively.

You start by saying what happend when she left; thousands upon thousands of undead as far as you could see, with more coming, the last wave of undead being these strange beings that were too smart and too organized to be fully undead. You tell her how all seemed lost until Thoradin, the dwarf the party met weeks ago, opened the sealed gate and sealed you all inside. Inside, you told her about the undead roaming the halls, the maddened survivors (but not mentioning much about them or what you took from them, as Karl quickly changes the subject), the pile of corpses that piled high to the ceiling and the Necromancers that were inside the dining hall. You tell her as well of the first hero of the fortress, The Toady One, and how he aided you in your quest.

You then told her about going deeper into the fortress, where The Feathered Serpent, Cotl, a beast forgotten long before the days of time, had separated the party with his tunneling. Karl tells of fighting cave crocodiles and Alexander taming one of them, Cromwell and Thoradin falling and being lost in the dark until finding his way through the powers of smell ((I assume the party leaves out him being a werewolf)) and finding Weston and Nadarr, who tells a sadder tale. Upon them fumbling in the dark for a way out, they lost Symon and found a spider web coating the cavernous area, containing an undead blade spider who grabbed Symon and slew him by ripping his head off of his body and feasting on him in front of the other members. A stranger hiding in the caverns appeared and assisted the others in combat until Thoradin and Cromwell arrived. When Symon's killer was slain, they burned his body in hopes that the magics of the place would not return him. But Symon here stepped in and talked about Aurel's Undead body revived him, and did many unspeakable tortures to his body as Symon's body was older, and much more angry and full of hate. Aurel cringes at this and swaps the topic by asking how they reunited. Karl notes that he found the others by using Siga, his Onyx Dog, and used her tracking scent to find the others.

You told her of then meeting Aurel again atop the great Feathered Serpent, Cotl, and how its new undead form and its sheer size was before you and how Karl, inside the beast's stomach, severed its head from the inside and defeated it not long after with ease as Thoradin, Isbat the stranger and Karl stood tall over the defeated Wurm. Alexander continued in his curse as he touched a wall of shadow and absorbed it, gaining power at a terrible price. You tell her how you went back and slew a dragon and saw visions of the Necromancer slaughtering many.

You told her of how you descended down and fought husks for the first time as you searched for a safe place to rest. You fought the greatest soldiers in the army against the living and barely defeated three of them, with Alexander and Thoradin collapsing into a fit of darkened rage. You told her how the place began to shift due to fell magics and fought the some of the strongest of the Necromancer's forces.

Thoradin, Isbat and Alexander fought the shapeshifter Gonzou, who was killed back in Amn, Nadarr and Weston battled Grot and his forces of shadow goblins, who were slain in the mountains and back in Amn, and lastly, and Karl and Cromwell ended Symon's suffering by piercing him on the spikes of the arena. Symon tells that until this point, he was in Limbo and saw everything that took place as his god spoke to him and blessed him with being his champion, showing her his Mark. Weston looks for a similar mark and finds it on his chest opposite of his heart, and Karl finds his on the back of his shoulder. Aurel acknowledges himself being marked as well with his tattoo now covered by his signature red cloak that Nadarr carried as a memento till Aurel's return.

You tell her of the goods left behind and the piles of weapons. And of course, the countless husks raining down upon the party as you fled. You tell her of the final showdown, and the shadow magic growing in might. You tell of the Necromancer turning into a shadow demon, cursing the gods and shouting about his demon-god called The Chained One... And Alexander's pact with him. You told her of the summoning of clones of Karl, Weston, Cromwell and Nadarr as well as Symon brought back again, but healed and looking as he did in life before his death, and Aurel, though weakened of power. You tell how you defeated them and Symon and Aurel rising back up and aiding the fight against the Necromancer. You tell her of how the party was reunited before Aurel's death and how Symon's strength defeated the Necromancer's shadow magic from reforming. You tell of the Necomancer being revealed to be nothing more then an insane old man who traded his soul for immortality and youth. You tell of Alexander's breakdown as he brutally killed the foe, turning his head into a bloody pulp, and of how he went insane as he only says he "remembers" before letting The Chained One take hold of him. You tell her of how Alexander became a dark vessel for the Chained One's power, with nothing of Alexander from before the fight still there.

You tell her of the escape, as the place filled with magma as you made a daring escape, dodging flowing magma and running atop a rickety bridge. You then tell her of brekaing open the side exit and seeing sunset again after so long. You tell her of the joy, the relief and the laughter that ensued once you knew it was all over. You told her of the blessings of The Toady One from the gods and the gifts he gave unto them on behalf of the departed. You told her of how Thoradin has now become King of the new settlement of Stormbreaker Hold, and of the tales Toady One has said. You then tell her of the burial of Isbat, who lost his life in the last fight, and the second burial of Gonzou and Grot's final rest.

After what seemed like days of telling her this tale, she stands attentively, not once during the entire time you spoke did she question you on anything. She wept at parts, she looked scared, and of course, she smiled and even laughed with you when the journey was over (and of Aurel and Symon being naked, as told by the Head who cracked a sexual joke every now and then). And of course, she felt pain at the loss of your allies, and she felt great worry at the sound of The Chained One and Alexander losing his sanity.

"... I know that I may never be able to sing again... But if I can walk again, I will make sure everyone hears of your tale as an apology for my cowardice.

I will let all of Faerun know of Karl the Guardian of the Raven Queen,

Weston the Sorcerer of the Owl,

Nadarr the Honorable Mage,

Cromwell Jackson the Vagabond of Planes,

Thoradin Stormbreaker the King of The Land Once Dead,

Alexander, He Who Fell Into Madness,

Isbat Vasyol the Warrior in the Caverns,

Aurel the Unkillable,

And of Symon the Foe of Demon Friends.

I would ask that you do me one last favor. I cannot walk, and it hurts to move. But I would ask that one of you carry me to the tavern, for I will tell of your tale so they will see the legend before them.

Would you do me this kindness?"

She looks at Symon with this. Cromwell elbows him, and the head laughs and mocks you as they push you to do it. Symon (because of peer pressure) does just that, and carries Thyra to the tavern, with the others in tow. Aurel tells Nadarr to hold his tongue for a bit as the party enters.

Symon places her down atop the bar table as she requests and speaks.

"Come, and gather everyone! Though my body may never heal, but my heart has been mended. I shall tell you a great and wonderful tale; a tale of the six great heroes standing before you and their great journey from Crimmor in Amn where they were hired by a man who was half machine and travels with a blood red mist..."

Before you know it, its nighttime, and Thyra tells everyone of your story. From the beginning in Crimmor and Gonzou's suicide and Weston's joining, to the city of Athkatla where you fought Aurel's kin, to the dwarves who warned you of the shadow creatures, to the foot of the mountain where the first fight against the Necromancer's forces began. From there, she told of your journey of the mountain maze and of the giant Archuther, to the death of Bouchart and Grot with the dramatic arrival of Cromwell on his steed. She told of your journey to Murann where you chased out a werewolf (but didn't say of the arrest of Aurel and Cromwell or the banishment from there). She told of the battles you fought, and of the bonds they shared. She told of Aurel's death and of great sorrow, and of his dark return. She told the entire story, until she reached the Hold. There, she told of the abandonment of her friends, and of what she was their death. She told of how six walked in, but six returned, triumphant and now stand before you. She gave honor to the slain, and whenever she said your names, she said it as the title she said, not just Nadarr, or Cromwell or Aurel.

When she ended, the entire crowd cheered, and everyone, even the captain of the guard who attended halfway through the story, raise a mug of ale, each shouting a toast to you by your new names:

HAIL, KARL, GUARDIAN OF THE RAVEN QUEEN!

HAIL WESTON, SORCERER OF THE OWL!

HAIL NADARR, HONORABLE MAGE!

HAIL CROMWELL JACKSON, VAGABOND OF THE PLANES!

HAIL AUREL THE UNKILLABLE!

HAIL SYMON, FOE OF DEMONFRIENDS!

They all cheer and drink to your name, everyone giving you hugs, hand shakes and bows all alike. As Symon assist Thyra back to Benn's house, she steals a kiss on his cheek, all of the men hooting and cheering the young man (and the odd curse as people began to pay up for a bet that was long due).

The party stayed in the Tavern for free that night, and the Captain paid you each a large sum of 1500gp each, and he says that the reward can never be fully repaid by gold. The people see you all off, Thyra being kept in a makeshift wheelchair pushed by Benn, and cheered for you as you left.

It took several days to return to Amn, the scummy, thief ridden cesspool that it is. But its a grand sight to see. As you pass by, word already has spread as people talk of the death of the Necromancer to the south, and of six heroes who did it, as well as talk of a New King of Dwarves who reside there. You make sure to cover your gold as you decide to detour Athkatla in fear of Aurel's kin being there still. You end up making it back to Crimmor with three days left to spare.

It is the 3rd of Leaffall, In the Year of the Ageless One. Sadly, you missed out on Harvestide last month, but it's a glad thing you're back. Someone rushes you all a note almost within minutes of entering.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Yes, he wrote a smile there))

You have several options right now:

- Go see the dwarves about the dwarven artifact you retrieved for them
- Wait until Olon arrives to finish the deal
- Do something with your hard earned wealth
- Go visit Aurel's House for a real bed after so long
- Whatever else the party wishes to do

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon is visibly happy to have left Mosstone behind him, even if it's hard to tell with his usually quiet demeanor. He is less than pleased to hear about how words of their exploits have already spread, and decides that he needs to make a few purchases to sooth his concerns. Once he gets confirmation from the rest of the party that they don't need his presence at the moment, of course.

((I believe that is the case, but I can't for the life of me remember exactly what it was. All that I remember is that he wore it underneath his habit.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon is visibly happy to have left Mosstone behind him, even if it's hard to tell with his usually quiet demeanor. He is less than pleased to hear about how words of their exploits have already spread, and decides that he needs to make a few purchases to sooth his concerns. Once he gets confirmation from the rest of the party that they don't need his presence at the moment, of course.

((I believe that is the case, but I can't for the life of me remember exactly what it was. All that I remember is that he wore it underneath his habit.))
((Uhhh... No. You wore basic clothing apparently this whole time. Explains why you were only at 18AC. Also, I don't know if it works but does Unarmored agility stack with Armor of Faith and Improved Armor of Faith?

And Nadarr has taken it upon himslef to hoard an extra set of clothes. Its a robe of useful things, which is REALLY useful if you know what you're doing with it.

After Aurel gears up and equips everything he takes a rest, making sure his body is okay and inspecting the mark of the raven queen on his arm, giving prayer to the Raven Queen before falling asleep. He goes with Karl and uses his Charisma to increase the price and similar. He also sends messages for all of his contacts to tell him of new tiding

And since this was something I skipped, I'm going to guess the party is oging to do some currency exchange and probably drop some of this stuff off somewhere safe. Like Aurel's hous- oh boy...))

From previous moments, the party decides to leave some of the non-coin valuables at a safe place. Aurel says they can store it in his house, but upon heading towards it, you see there is a very big lack of house as you see only ashes and an outline of what's there. Aurel is so shocked at this, he's stunned for a good minute after he drops to his knees. Nadarr is shocked as well.

Then it occurs that someone VERY important to Aurel is missing. Where is Petra?

Aurel excuses himself for a bit as he goes off to get answers. The rest of the party ((Since I know we can't drain the stores for platinum)) decide to go to the local Trader's Guild Hall to exchange their gold for platinum to make it easier to carry. The guild steward that assists you says he'll help you do it, but for a price of 10 gold to count and convert it all to platinum for you. The head asks "Mon, do ya know what ya gettin' inta?" the guild mason rebukes him, saying there probably isn't more then 2 platinum worth from a bunch of vagrants like yourselves. Cromwell drops 30gp of Isbat's life savings and says to do it and do it right away. The man laughs as Cromwell directs him outside, and upon flipping the cover of the cart, he begins to cry as he just accepted 30gp worth to count out almost 60,000gp worth of gold, silver and copper and gold bars.

Meanwhile...
Aurel:

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Looking at the first result of a Google search, the three do stack. Apparently it gets silly and Symon can end up better armored then a defender at Epic levels, but we can cross that bridge if we get there.))

Karl can't resist clapping the man on the shoulder. "Nothing like an honest day's work, right?" he says cheerfully if maliciously before gently pulling Nadarr to the side to speak quietly.

"I think when we should meet Olon rather then try to avoid him. When we do, I think it would be best to claim that we never found the ring and return the horse and cart, and the money we were paid to look as an 'apology'. Can you secure the ring against magical detection?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Almost let a tear after that recap of our adventures. Also, my damn house!))

Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Ah, who needs a house?" Weston asked cheerfully, clapping Aurel on the back. "Sleeping under the stars and never knowing where you'll be the next day, that's real living!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Almost let a tear after that recap of our adventures. Also, my damn house!))

((Looking at the first result of a Google search, the three do stack. Apparently it gets silly and Symon can end up better armored then a defender at Epic levels, but we can cross that bridge if we get there.))

Karl can't resist clapping the man on the shoulder. "Nothing like an honest day's work, right?" he says cheerfully if maliciously before gently pulling Nadarr to the side to speak quietly.

"I think when we should meet Olon rather then try to avoid him. When we do, I think it would be best to claim that we never found the ring and return the horse and cart, and the money we were paid to look as an 'apology'. Can you secure the ring against magical detection?"

He grabs this weird pouch and you take out the treasures as he begins tossing coins in, making sure to count it and every 100gp's worth of coin, out pops a platinum coin. It takes him an hour to finish, but he counts out that you had the grand total of 59,513gp 7sp and 6cp. He looks very unhappy as he hands you a huge bag containing 595 platinum coins. Divided evenly, the party gets 9918gp 9sp and 6cp.

He tells you to stick it where the sun doesn't shine as he kicks you out of the counting area.

If the party wishes to sell their goods, you'll have to do it in the market or local shops. ((I'd also like to know what is being kept, sold, etc.))

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 344