Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340667 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Husks
« Reply #4935 on: May 26, 2015, 06:21:52 pm »

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the Necromancer
Standard: Marauder's Rush on the Necromancer
Move to Minor: Off-Hand Strike/b]

You declare the Necromancer as your new quarry and charge him! (3+11) Your blade misses, but you swing with your off hand blade (5+11) and also miss.

Aurel stands up as he grins, his pointed teeth shown proudly

"You'd think that after knowing us from the start, that you would have at least noticed my mastery of death. I expected this from you, and now I thank you for doing as I wanted.

As payment, I'll see you to the abyss where you can join that demon of yours."

Aurel throws off the cloak he was wearing as he gets back up as a free action as he readies a holy symbol, once of a dark and fell demon, now changed to a crimson holy symbol of the raven queen, and his back reveals a spellscar that runs from his back to his side, though being very thin. His arm now brandishes a blood red tattoo of a symbol for the raven queen.

"I hope one of you still has my gear. I want that back when we're through."

Aurel moves up and attacks using Unfettered Hunger! He succeeds in using how power to unleash his full power, dealing (30) damage. He drops an action point and unleashes Feral Assult! Aurel just narrowly hits, dealing (36) damage! He's bloodied and Aurel gains +2 to attack rolls until the end of his next turn!

Nadarr, possessed and still unaware of the return of his dear friend, begins his turn by moving over a bit and pushes the necromancer with his whirlwind. He then uses erupting flare to attack the shadow hulk! (9+7) Nadarr misses!

The Necromancer laughs at you all.

"I AM DEATH! WITH MY ARMS HELD OUTSTRETCHED, I WILL DEVOUR YOU ALL!"

You watch as he starts absorbing more shadows and throws himself through Cromwell, Siga and Karl! He hits all three of you, his shadows ripping you apart as he deals (21) damage to each of you! His body starts reforming until he's size gargantuan, now with claws, a demonic-like posture, horns and larger wings. Cromwell collapses from the damage as Siga holds on at 1hp and Karl is bloodied. The more shadows must have made him stronger, as he's no longer bloodied. He lets out a roar that quakes the entire fortress and swings his claws at Isbat! Isbat is hit with both, taking (18+22) damage! Isbat is heavily wounded! He lets out a mighty roar as shadows explode from his body! (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) Siga, Symon, Thoradin, Alexander, Aurel and Isbat are speared by sharp spikes of shadows! They all take (30) damage! Thoradin stands firm at 1hp, Siga disappears in a horrible screaming welp, Symon and Alexander take massive damage, and Isbat's innards fly out and blood flows out of his mouth as he's fatally slain from a CRIT and takes (40) damage! ((Holy crap. Other then Isbat, who I'm really sorry for, everyone who he MISSED would've probably been perma dead. Holy crap... I think I made a monster...))

Isbat Vasyol has been slain

You see that the attack left the Necromacner weakened and hurt, as he takes some damage from that last attack, bloodying himself.

Thoradin begins his turn and is in his berserker rage! He lets out a great roar of rage and hate as he lets loose his full might! He starts by screaming as he uses Feral Rampage! ((HOLY SH** I MADE A MONSTER)) He swings twice, both attacks landing a (CRIT) dealing a massive (100) total damage! He then swings again with Life Ending Strike! His axe cuts deep into the demonic shadow, dealing (51) damage! The demonic figure stumbles, roaring so loudly, the entire room quakes in his wrath. Rocks drop from the ceiling and plummet into the magma. The portal awakens on the other side of the bridge as you see him attempt to gather more shadow, but cannot as they slowly drain into the portal.

Weston watches in awe as he sees monster fighting monster as Isbat lies slain.

((Without a healer and excluding Karl, this is a party of strikers. Only in this can you expect over 200 damage a turn from the players, one of them doing 150 points by himself after that 100pts. And then only in my campaign is it dealt back as I make a move action do 21 damage, a recharge double strike that does a fuck ton per hit, and then drop a daily power that hits everyone for damage dice that I think looking back is a bit too big. Sorry, but this is the luckiest and most horrifying boss I ever made and I love it!))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: May 26, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »

Alexander spits blood on the ground and speaks through gritted teeth.

"Hah. Orcus would've had a field day with you, Monster. He was much stronger."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: May 26, 2015, 07:12:20 pm »

Alexander spits blood on the ground and speaks through gritted teeth.

"Hah. Orcus would've had a field day with you, Monster. He was much stronger."

"ORCUS IS A PEST IN THE EYES OF THE CHAINED ONE, THE MAKER OF THE ABYSS ITSELF. YOU WOULD KNOW HIM, ALEXANDER. AFTER ALL, YOU MADE A DEAL WITH HIM."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: May 27, 2015, 01:37:32 am »

((Holy crap, but we're taking damage. Honestly, even if I was a full our healer, I'd feel like I was throwing buckets of water at a forest fire at this stage. "Oh, here, have 8 hitpoints" *crunch* And there goes 51. how many HP does Karl have left at this point? And also, would he recognize the reference to the Chained One?))

Karl coughs blood, the red liquid splashing through the visor of his helmet. He swallows more, and shouts hoarsely, voice still filled with defiance. "Can you feel the cold creeping in, blasphemer? Do you feel the hand of my Goddess wrapping around your throat? You may slay some of us, but you will perish yourself, and we all know that the demons of the abyss don't treat their failed slaves pleasantly. How much worse will your torment be, from whatever foulness created the Abyss itself?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: May 27, 2015, 09:11:42 am »

((No. There's an excerpt about him that very few know about him because he doesn't do much since he's chained. No player knows who it is, regardless of checks, even Alexander (for his own reasons). Since he's not a direct enemy of the Raven Queen, there's no chance in knowing. Maybe get some information when you get back to Athkatla

Just waiting on Weston and then Symon is probably going to kill him unless he misses. I don't have the sheet on hand since this is on my phone but I can say that you're bloodied by a pretty big amount.

But yeah, even with a full party of clerics I don't think you'd heal enough. I think it's become a battle of "who can deal the most damage before one side drops dead"?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:03 am »

((Oh, it's my turn again already?))

"By the gods," Weston said, aghast. "We need to end this fight now!"

Explosive Pyre!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: May 27, 2015, 12:23:59 pm »

((Oh, it's my turn again already?))

"By the gods," Weston said, aghast. "We need to end this fight now!"

Explosive Pyre!
(16+7) You charge up your spell and unleash a horde of flames upon the enemy! Your spell strikes true, burning the shadow demon for (3+3+7) damage!

Symon begins his turn!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: May 27, 2015, 07:56:31 pm »

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the Necromancer if needed, otherwise glow with divine light.
Move Action: Move four squares south.
Major Action: Abjure Undead if it works on the Necromancer, otherwise Aspect of Might if it's available, otherwise Halo of Fire.
Action Point: Second Wind. Go big or go home. Aspect of Might or Halo of Fire if either are available (obviously use Aspect of Might over Halo of Fire if both are). Use Second Wind if neither are them are.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: May 27, 2015, 11:52:17 pm »

The Necromancer was living, and this isn't necromacny he's using, as you remember from your time in Limbo. Taken into consideration his power is fueled by a demon that wasn't the Prince of Undead, Orcus as well, you can confirm the magic shielding him is likely not undead either. You let out a roar of might as an image of Bahamut surrounds you as you call upon the Platinum Dragon to fuel your strength. (11+11) Your flail bashes into the shadows, dealing (3+3+5+6+5+2+8) damage! He still stands, and so, you channel your magic as an Avenger to create a ring of fire before you and strike your foe as you run your fist through the middle, hurling the halo of fire at him! (19+11) You strike true, burning him with a holy fire and dealing (5+5+4+6+8) damage!

The flames catch and you see as the shadows weaken and don't regenerate the hulks innards, revealing a very weak and heavily injured Necromancer. Alexander moves up and rips him right out of the shadows, and slams him headfirst into the ground before the shadows and holding his bloody face up.

"TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW!"

Alexander for once is showing anger. His usually emotionless behavior seemed to break as the necromancer is now before him. He tries to raise his arms but the shadow body is absorbed by the now active portal.

You all hear sometihng in a dark, fell tongue and Nadarr's pocket starts to burn as he drops to the ground and clutches his pocket. Karl notices this is the same pocket that held Olon's Master's Ring. You see the pain is badly hurting Nadarr and Aurel rushes to aid him. The Necromancer takes this moment to break out of Alexanders grip by punching him in the skull, breaking his nose. Blood runs down Alexander's face as he clutches his face and lets go of the Necromancer who darts for the portal!

Alexander throws his blade at the Necromancer, catching his leg and hamstringing him. The Necromancer hobbles across the bridge, obviously slowed immensely by his wound. Alexander drops his other blade and both reach the other side and the Necromancer stands only five feet from the portal as you watch Alexander grab and throw down the Necromancer, ripping off his hood. You see his face is burned half off from the jawline down, the other reveals him to be an older, aged man. You hear a SNAP as Alexander breaks his good leg. The Necromacner screams as his body seems to grow with age. His magic is fading, and so is his life. Alexander punches him, breaking the Necromacer's nose in kind. And then again, as his glove skids off part of his forehead. Another hit and another CRACK as Alexander dislocates his jaw. Alexander then mounts on top of him and continues to beat down what appears to be a sad old man who was seemed to be well over a hundred years of age. Every punch is echoed with a crack as teeth start flying out and his skull cracks open. Alexander screams as he beats down his foe, blood flying out of his gloves at every punch. After a minute, he stops, leaving only a bloody pulp of blood, torn flesh, skull shards and brain matter before him. He stands and stares into the portal.

"... I remember..."

Alexander begins laughing like a madman as he strips down naked, ripping off his gear, his armor and even his clothes. He stands arms outstretched to the portal, laughing still as he shouts.

"THARIZDUN, I HAVE RETURNED! YOU CANNOT TAKE FROM ME NOW, ONLY GIVE!"

You see chains latch onto his arms and legs as he laughs maniacally as they wrap around him, giving him new clothes, armor and two blades chained into his back from the hilts. He turns to you, his voice confident, mad and filled with demonic energy.

"It's been a pleasure. But now that I remember everything, I will take delight in slaying all of you. But I have things to attend to, so I will let you get stronger before you're worth my time. I'll be waiting for you all in the abyss!"

He begins to chuckle, then laugh and then roar with laughter as the chains grab him and pull him into the portal, which closes and snaps in half. Nadarr's burning sensation ends, but things take a turn for the worse. The whole cavern starts to quake and more rocks start to fall. Magma starts to rise up towards the platform. Nadarr throws Isbat and the Necromacner in his bag of holding while throwing Alexander's stuff in Alexander's bag. Karl ((I hope)) grabs the unconcious Cromwell and the party bolts across the bridge, now twisting and turning with the quakes!

(?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) The party makes it across in record timing, but magma still rises and the snapping of steel is heard as the platform falls into the magma, splashing its hot liquid everywhere. (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) (?) The party dodges the magma, and runs up a stairwell that was carved out on this side of the cavern. You rush upstairs and hear distant screaming as you run up the stairs that seem to actually be of dwarven make.

Faster and faster you go, and finally seeing a door up top, Karl bull rushes it open, knocking the door off its hinges and bursting into a hallway with a very strange stone door with a lever. Thoradin slams the lever down and you see a bright light as the door slowly opens. You shield your eyes as you see sunlight for the first time in days. It is sundown.

You look out to the fields before you, once a wasteland and filled with undead, is now a wasteland covered with skeletons, fallen corpses and foes, all falling as the Necromancer's power is drained. You see a few people clad in similar grey robes scream as their power is gone. Upon seeing you, they start to run, but a familiar creature burrows out from under them, slays both and feeds on them hungrily. Off to the distance, you see your mounts perfectly untouched and the cart still intact (though they devoured what's the grass around them and look sorely thirsty and hungry).

Sundown brought an end to the evils over this place. You all fall over down on the ground and take a moment to rest. The quaking stopped as the door opened the secret way in. Thoradin chokes up a laugh.

"I knew I was close ta findin' this before the undead found me."

His eye wound starts bleeding, but he laughs as he starts to patch it up with Alexander's now torn clothing. You also notice now that Symon and Aurel stand before you naked, and you give them something to cover them up in the meantime. Cromwell awakens shouting curses as and then realizes where he is and laughs along with the others. Nadarr's eyes stop glowing blue as he sees Aurel before him. He stands staring at the man who was as close to him as his kin in his homeland and begins to shed tears as he hugs his brother in all but bond. Aurel looks a little displeased at Nadarr doing so, but hugs back anyway. Cromwell takes a nap as does Thoradin. Slowly, a deep sleep follows as you earned the rest.

Awakening, not long before dawn, you look back at the waste and see Thoradin feeding the horses and letting them drink from the river. You see a shoddy but much sturdier bridge in place now made of several logs tied together and cut so its flat. Its wide enough to carry a horse and cart through.

"Come with me, lads. There's someone I'm sure ya want ta see off while I load you your share of the treasury."

He leads you all towards the Tomb of The Toady One, where you all, save Aurel, stand filled with awe.

"You have done it. I thank you upon all the slain here. Those who became husks were taken back to their homes before the magma slew them. The forges is now hardened and burning hot obsidian, and the weapons of the past are all gone like a purifying flame.

And it will stay that way. I will now bestow unto you all, the gifts I promised you.

Thoradin Stormbreaker of The Old Home, unto you I bestow the right of rule; Like the phoenix rises from the ashes, you will rebuild this place under your once mighty family's name. Your honor will be restored as you become the overseer and King of this place as decreed by Moradin himself. You will sire many sons, each will become a great warrior and you will live a long and happy life.

Unto you, Cromwell Jackson of the far off world, I give to you a portal gem. You may use it only once though. Your friends can go with you as well.

Unto you, Weston Luck-Tester, Avandra has given me to pass unto you her Blessing of Confidence. May that confidence grow more even when you doubt your power.

Unto you, Nadarr the Wizard of Dark Secrets, I give to you the Gift of Knowledge. This book holds many secrets for you to learn. May your thirst for knowledge never be fully quenched as you learn and grow.

Unto you, Karl, Heir to the Blade of the Foe Slayer, I give unto you the boon from the Raven Queen herself. She bestows unto you her Shroud. May you aid in her never ending quest to guiding those of their time to the next life.

The last two, Symon the Champion of Bahamut, and Aurel, the Crimson Deceiver, the gods have given you their boon and have allowed you to return to the world of the living as your gift. May you live out your resurrection praising those who marked you and gave you strength.

I will leave the world of Mortals now. One last gift I bestow unto is a piece of knowledge:

Be wary of the thing you carry and wish to return. It is a thing of dark power, and in the wrong hands, would cause a calamity far worse then what took place here.

Farewell, Champions of Stormbreaker Hold. Your heroism has brought forth a new dawn unto these Halls from the endless night that plagued it. Your story will be told until the end of days.

May your brews be strong and your will stronger."

You watch as the holy presence fades. Though it doesn't feel a safe haven from all evils, you feel as if this place is still sacred and the entire place has become a home.

You walk out as you watch the sunrise over the hill and Thoradin uses the bags of holding to start bringing you all your treasure. You can't help but notice the leaves on the once green trees falling as fall starts to take hold. The cool breeze doesn't smell foul anymore.

Hours pass, and Thoradin loads onto your cart 6/7ths of the entire dwarven treasury. Then the hardest part came to you: the burial of Isbat and the heads of two reanimated allies.

Before you left, you buried Isbat, Gonzou's head and Grot's Skull under the tree that you left your mounts by. It was short, and Thoradin did most of the work digging for you before you all awoke. It was sad, but you knew that they are now at peace.

"There is no price of gold that I can give ya for the debt that ma people and I owe ya six. I know ye're in a hurry to return back, but I have already sent word ta the dwarves you met before as well as the other Mountainhome ma people stayed at. We will rebuild, as we always have. Ye're always welcome in our halls, as it is yer home as much as it is ours.

I want ya ta take this, as a parting gift. It is ma family's prized heirloom. I want ya ta keep it, and when you ever need 'elp, show the dwarves there that necklace. They'll know yer a friend ta the dwarves.

May our fortunes rise and fall together!"

He bows to you as you head on your way back to town on the horses who now have returned some of their strength. You feel sad to be leaving him, but there was work to be done... And treasure to count.

LOOT LIST ((To avoid checks, and you were here all day, I assume you took all day checking the gear of the necromancer and anything else Thoradin gave you as you have nothing to do since Thoradin insisted on doing all the work. This also included the dragon's hoard))

- Gloaming Shroud Cloak +2 (Upon noticing it, this seemed like the REAL treasure kept in the vault)
- Staff of Withering +2
- Frost Dagger +2
- 8,000gp of valuable bars and coins each
- 30 assorted gems worth 1500gp total per person
- 15 ornate, non-combat weapons of dwarvish make
- 10 sets of ceremonial full plate armor
- Several assorted gold, silver and platinum statuettes
- 2 Obsidian Steeds (currently assisting in pulling the REALLY heavy cart of goods)
- 2 bags of holding (excluding Alexander's)
- Alexander's Gear
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Isbat's Gear (You notice his bracers are very special, as they are heart touch bracers)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EPILOGUEOf a sort...

The Journey seems to take shorter time returning as you make a quick stop to Mosstone. There, Benn the retired Sailor and War Priest hails the party.

"Oi! Lads! I think you better stop for the day. There's something I must show you."

The old man rushes and grabs Symon as he dismounts and pulls him towards his house, the others following.

"I don't know what ya lads are gonna do, but please, don't upset 'er more then she already is. Hasn't stopped crying since we found her outside of town, clutching to tha last inche's of 'er life.."

He opens up one of the bedrooms in his house and a familiar figure lays covered in bandages and cuts. Tears stain the area near her as she lies face up. She looks over at the door, her once beautiful and youthful face is badly wounded. Her eyes meet Symon's as his meet hers. Her face shows pure shock and at the same time, relief and joy.

"I... I..."

She starts to cry as she smiles.

"... I'd thought I'd never see you all again... I know you can't forgive me for what I have done... But the gods served me justice for that... I'm lucky if I'll ever be able to sing again, let alone walk..."

She coughs and sniffles from her gentle weeping that in a burst turns to large sobs of joy as she smiles.

"The shadow creatures attacked her about a half day's hike from here. Poor lass barely escaped with her life. She was crawling and crying when I found her on my way South to meet an old friend. My old friend had to wait as my calling as a healer came first. I brought her here, and she was barely alive. My magic didn't seem strong enough to heal all her wounds in time. Her legs were both broken, her sword arm broken in three places and became nothing more then a lump of flesh, and her arm she was using was broken as well. And the countless wounds that cut deep and she was making worse as she crawled.

But her greatest wound was her broken heart. She wouldn't stop hurting from the guilt of abandoning you all. She wouldn't stop weeping about it, because she thought without her, you would all die. And she knew that if you survived, you wouldn't forgive her. As much as I talked her out of it, seeing you on the road, I knew you had to see her to ease her pain.

I'll leave you lads and lass to talk. I'll be outside if anything happens to her."

He does just that as he sits down on his chair on the front porch.

"... I know that you can't forgive me, but I cannot apologize enough for my cowardice. And I paid for it. I lost the respect of my comrades, and I thought I lost... I lost... I thought I lost you, Symon..."

It was hard to get out as her voice is shaky with that last part. She starts crying, her wounded and cut cheeks turning red with embarrassment. You also realize, from how her eyes never left Symons, she has either not noticed or seen Aurel. Or Symon's neck scar for that matter.

((And now excuse me while I go cry a bit from the music I put on for when I wrote that last part + what I wrote. Enjoy the extra RP.

Also, everyone has now gained exactly enough XP to level up to level 5, save those who are already there. This will even out the XP ranges that I found out I messed up...))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:59:15 pm by highmax28 »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Good work, everyone! Sorry to Death about what happened, of course.

Side thought: given Aurel was resurrected, is he still a Vampire? I'd imagine he should be fully alive again.))

To Karl, nothing had ever felt so good as to stand in the doorway and feel the rays of the day's fading light touch his face. The shroud of darkness that the Necromancer had pulled over the area had faded, and Karl collapsed to his knees in exhausted but fervent prayers of thanks to the Raven Queen.

Over the next day, Karl repaired and cleaned his gear and helped with identifying and counting the bags of treasure that Thoradin tirelessly hauled up from the fortress below them. It took some work, but the party managed to keep Nadarr from pocketing the gems outright, despite his dark glares and muttering.

In the afternoon, as the sun shown with renewed vigor, Karl helped bury their dead, offering a short service for each of their fallen companions, praying to the Raven Queen to guide them to their appropriate afterlives.

Aurel:
Karl returns the Thieving Short Sword +1, Talon Amulet +1 and Boots of Stealth to Aurel, and any other personal possessions that were in Karl's bag of holding ((I think these were the only magic items of his that Karl was keeping))

Loot:
Karl claims the Gloaming Shroud Cloak +2, as it was specifically granted to him, and would otherwise like to claim the Ruby Scabbard, the Deepfarer's Pouch and Wavestrider Boots, though he's willing to discuss those with the others. He'd also like one of the Obsidian Steeds once we manage to convert the contents of the cart to more portable forms of wealth, but will let anyone else claim them ahead of him, given his list.

He also splits the gold Alexander and Isbat had collected between everyone equally.

Edit: Ah, 'The Shroud of the Raven Queen' is actually a boon like Weston received. In that case, I'll leave the cloak for someone who actually has some idea of stealth, as that certainly isn't Karl. :P

Epilogue:
Karl smiles as Thyra seems to focus only on Symon, the rest of the world blotted out by her relief at his survival. Shaking his head at the ways of the world, he moves to inspect her wounded limbs, applying his remaining skill in the arts of healing and the healing powers of his Goddess to see if he can do anything for her many broken bones. Perhaps, with time, she can regain use of all of her limbs.

((We also need to figure out what all we have lying around left to do. Without going through the whole thread:
- Deal with Olan's Ring (research more about it definitely and decide to return it, keep it, hide it, or destroy it, etc.)
- Return the remains of the Necromancer for its bounty
- Didn't we also need to return for a reward for the bandits we wiped out on the way there?
- Rub our success in the face of a blackguard.
- Convert our enormous wealth into more mobile format!
- Sell any items that we don't need. We have a cart full of weapons, armor and statuettes. ((Take Karl along for the Streetwise and Diplomacy checks - +12 and +11 are nothing to sneeze at.))
- Deal with the aftereffects of Symon's and Aurel's resurrection
- Research Karl's family longsword, as it's now more then half activated.
- Karl needs to return to his family castle to show he has recovered the blade and request to keep it.
- Add on other quests/needs/etc as you know or remember them.))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:06:47 am by Hanzoku »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Good job, everyone! I have no idea what a Blessing of Confidence is, but it sure sounds nice.

As for loot...well, I don't really know what Weston could properly use. The staff perhaps, but his most recent feats are starting to spec him more as a dagger user and IIRC he can't use both at the same time. Maybe he'll just take a larger share of the money earned and use it to purchase whatever items he wishes to have, I dunno.))

Weston remained mostly silent in the aftermath of killing the necromancer, and on the cart ride back to Mosstone. When he did speak, it was either to Nimue or to respond to a question asked of him. He no longer seemed like the carefree vagabond he had once been. How could he be, after what he had witnessed and done?

Weston was pleased to see Thyra again, though her injuries were severe and he privately winced at her prospects for recovery. He wished he could do something to help her, but his knowledge of the healing arts was limited at best.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:08:35 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Well, that was dramatic. Good job to everyone for surviving this, there was a real possibility we wouldn't.

Loot: I think it'd be fair for me to get everything I used to have when I died the first time around (I died three times?) plus the gloaming shroud cloak (I'm the one that utilizes shadows and stealth the most in our party I think). I want to check out the frost dagger to see how it fares with mine. Also, I wouldn't mind getting a bag of holding too. As for the money and similar, definitely splitting it before us. Most of the things like things to sell can be put in the party inventory where nobody has a claim on it. I also would like my wine back, please. Gotta have some relief after that.))

A last breath of relaxation is finally released as Alexander goes into the portal. This was the last gambit, him. Even if the Necromancer didn't do anything about it, Alexander had always targeted him first in a fight, ever since the start. Aurel shudders at the thought of his plan having been known to him. Aurel soothes Nadarr's emotions and tells him that we have to talk later to fill him in and talk about more things.

After Aurel gears up and equips everything he takes a rest, making sure his body is okay and inspecting the mark of the raven queen on his arm, giving prayer to the Raven Queen before falling asleep. He goes with Karl and uses his Charisma to increase the price and similar. He also sends messages for all of his contacts to tell him of new tidings.

Epilogue:

Aurel knew what had happened to Thyra. He had after all sent the creatures after her. He had no idea how she'd react at him, but he thought it was best if that knowledge remained hidden. However one thing remained a fact. Symon had died.

Stand next to Symon and talk to Thyra.

"Symon died in there, Thyra. And an extra pair of eyes might've been all that was required to avoid that."

((Once we get some DM explanation about Aurel's condition, we can roleplay our characters, Hanzoku. As it is, I imagine Karl is extremely confused between him thinking I'm a vampire and having some evidence and my mark of the raven queen on my arm.

As for what we have to do, I don't think we should be giving Olon his ring at all. It sounds like an increasingly terrible idea over the length of this adventure. We need to build some more reputation and alliances if you ask me. This is too dangerous of a campaign.))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:31:51 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Bad Aurel, guilt-tripping the woman with four broken limbs. :P

We'll need to roleplay it out, and Karl is still probably on the lines of 'ask a priest to make sure it's OK', but being resurrected directly by the Raven Queen and bearing a mark of her favor is a pretty good sign that She's fine with Aurel, whatever he is. And if She's fine with it, Karl's fine with it.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Still a vampire, still Vryloka, just had his power amplified by the shadow magic which is the vampires fuel. If Aurel actually survived and fought the shadow creatures, he would've been screwed against the husks who are immune to attacks of shadow power source.

I'll let everyone (except maybe Cromwell as mastahcheese is MIA) to post and say their piece to Thyra before I post.

There will be plenty of small things to take care of. Because it's fall and colder, storms shouldn't be a problem))

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 344