Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340671 times)

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Husks
« Reply #4905 on: May 23, 2015, 10:30:17 pm »

wait for an enemy to come within range for whirling blade

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: May 24, 2015, 12:02:27 am »

wait for an enemy to come within range for whirling blade

You delay your action as Shadow Cromewll starts his by screaming in agony and pain, which sounds like Cromwell laughing, but in agony. You hear him shout in elvish something horrifyingly nasty.

To Weston/Isbat/Cromwell
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The voice sounds distorted and deeper, as if Cromwell was sucking in, screaming in pain and laughing all at once. Cromwell feels something on him as he's cursed by Shadow Cromwell! He then teleports behind the party and does a very familiar attack! He strikes at Thoradin, Isbat and Cromwell himself and attacks! He hits Isbat and Cromwell with it, dealing (12) damage to Isbat and (19) damage to Cromwell, immobilizing the both of you! Isbat swings his blade in response! (17+11) Your blade strikes him dead in the chest, but not before Shadow Cromwell slashes at you with his sword! His blade does absolutely nothing to you as you block it with ease. He takes (8+8+6) damage and your blade returns! He teleports away and grabs at his face as he screams in pain again.

Shadow Weston starts his turn by laughing as he casts a spell that Weston knows too well. ((You resist fire today btw)) An orb forms and turns (?) red as he fires it right at Weston! He strikes you square in the chest, dealing (21-5) damage to you! You're glad your wild soul helped you deal with that Chromatic Orb. Luckily, no one was around you, so no one else takes fire damage.

Thoradin moves up to Symon after activating his guardian's aura. He swings at Symon with the flat head of his Axe, trying to batter down Symon (?) He hits, dealing (27) damage! Shadow Symon is knocked prone!

Shadow Nadarr extends his wings and lets out a fell and terrible roar as he casts Arcane Whirlwind amidst the party, attacking Cromwell, Isbat, Nadarr and Weston! (?) (?) (?) (?) Nadarr and Weston are struck at full force while Isbat is struck by a CRIT! Weston and Nadarr take (17) damage, bloodying Weston to (8)hp left, while Isbat takes (19) damage, bloodying him as well. Cromwell takes (8) damage, bloodying him as well! A whirlwind takes form, psuhing everyone back a bit! Cromwell is dangerously close to the edge!

Weston begins his turn!

((I think this is probably the worst fight I've sprung on you guys. Makes good for a final battle when you're fighting lower level versions of yourself. SHOW WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED AND GAINED! I'm also expecting this to get nuts very quickly))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: May 24, 2015, 12:42:07 am »

((Yeah, this is going to go to hell quicky. A shadow party matchup + a full strength Aurel + the necromancer?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: May 24, 2015, 04:29:51 am »

((Yeah, this is going to go to hell quicky. A shadow party matchup + a full strength Aurel + the necromancer?))

((I'll deal with Aurel, you guys take care of your images. As it is, it's very dangerous to let Aurel get near a cluster of players so be sure to spread apart a bit.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: May 24, 2015, 08:36:27 am »

((Yeah, Symon 3.0 is also a big pile of damage, but he's more single-target focused.

if Karl is truly built on my Karl, he has absolutely no group damage capability. In fact, he's probably the least threatening of the copies.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: May 24, 2015, 10:08:54 am »

((Yeah, Symon 3.0 is also a big pile of damage, but he's more single-target focused.

if Karl is truly built on my Karl, he has absolutely no group damage capability. In fact, he's probably the least threatening of the copies.))
((Damage wise? Probably. But hindering? He's gonna piss you off with his mark probably. Here's a little thing you guys probably forgot:

Remember back in the first fight against the boogeymen, they drained your life a bit? They used that to create clones of the party, but of that time. This is also why Cromwell, Symon and Aurel are the three most damaging enemies since they're highest level. And don't worry, Shadow Aurel isn't going to be that big of a pain. I'm pretty sure someone's going to hurt dealing with Symon, and chances are, Thoradin is gonna take a beat down))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: May 24, 2015, 01:49:06 pm »

((GG guys, it's been fun))

"Using MY spell? On ME? You'll regret that, doppelganger!"

Healing surge!
Chaos Bolt on Shadow!Weston! Pray to Avandra for many many bounces!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: May 24, 2015, 06:55:07 pm »

((GG guys, it's been fun))

"Using MY spell? On ME? You'll regret that, doppelganger!"
=
Healing surge!
Chaos Bolt on Shadow!Weston! Pray to Avandra for many many bounces!

((I'll be sure to make sure this is doable, but do try for longevity, as this battle is going to take awhile... especailly since Aurel (who's not as strong as before after you beat the shit out of him already, amongst other things I'm not mentioning) is literally Aurel at the level he should be if he was still alive. And he heals. And so does Karl))

(18+7) (14+7) (16+7) (CRIT) (16+7) (14+7) (8+7) You goddess must have heard you, as your bolt bounces six times and Shadow Karl blocks it, bouncing from your clone, dealing (4+7) damage, striking Aurel for (5) damage, hitting Symon for (6) damage, the necromancer for (6+3) damage and takes an additonal (8) damage by being thrown through his stone throne from Weston's push on a crit and knocknig him prone, (5) damage to Nadarr's clone, and (6) damage to Shadow Cromwell!

Symon begins his turn by shouting a very distorted "FOR BAHAMUT!" as his strength increases despite his smaller frame. He uses Aspect of Might after declaring Thoradin for his Oath of Emnity and standing back up, swinging his flail at Thoradin at full force! His Flail strikes Thoradin dead in the skull, dealing a massive (35) damage to Thoradin! Thoradin is bloodied and goes into a berserker rage upon doing so!

Cromwell teleports up, swears some nasty things back at his clone and casts Eldritch Blast at his clone! (19+7) his attack lands, delaing (7+5+8) damage! Shadow Cromwell's innards burst open as he dies! Cromwell uses his boon to teleport away from the middle and out of the melee fighter's reach!

Karl begins his turn! You know that Weston is in critical condition as with Cromwell, Nadarr and Isbat being bloodied

((I forgot also Karl was attacked by the whirlwind. He missed you, so (8 ) damage. Still not bloodied))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: May 25, 2015, 12:04:39 am »

Minor: Bless Weapon
Move: Shift one square to the right
Standard: Righteous Smite on Shadow Karl

((Oh, Highmax? You missed that Weston healing surged. He shouldn't be critical anymore.))

Karl growls in fury as the power of the Raven Queen once more flows through his weapon. "I will end your mockery, shadow. For the Raven Queen!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: May 25, 2015, 12:53:37 am »

((God damn. Chaos Bolt might not always work, but when it does...
That's 50 damage dealt by a single at-will power. Admittedly it got spread around some, but that's certainly nothing to sneeze at ^_^ ))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: May 25, 2015, 01:05:28 am »

((God damn. Chaos Bolt might not always work, but when it does...
That's 50 damage dealt by a single at-will power. Admittedly it got spread around some, but that's certainly nothing to sneeze at ^_^ ))

((You should pray more often. That was a much needed Chaos Bolt.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:41 am »

Minor: Bless Weapon
Move: Shift one square to the right
Standard: Righteous Smite on Shadow Karl

((Oh, Highmax? You missed that Weston healing surged. He shouldn't be critical anymore.))

Karl growls in fury as the power of the Raven Queen once more flows through his weapon. "I will end your mockery, shadow. For the Raven Queen!"
((Noted. Still bloodied though))

Calling on the power of your goddess to bless your blade, you strike at your dark clone. (16+11) Your blade strikes true, dealing (5+4+5+6) and all allies gain (9) temporary hp. Your shadow clone is now bloodied

Alexander begins his turn!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: May 25, 2015, 08:34:31 am »

"Vampire!"

Minor: Hunter's Quarrt on Aurel
Standard: Marauder's Rush on Aurel
Move to Minor: Ruffling Sting

If I have an action point drop a Twin Strike on Aurel.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: May 25, 2015, 09:54:01 am »

"Vampire!"

Minor: Hunter's Quarrt on Aurel
Standard: Marauder's Rush on Aurel
Move to Minor: Ruffling Sting

If I have an action point drop a Twin Strike on Aurel.

You declare Aurel as your quarry and charge! (14+11) You blade cuts deep into Aurel, dealing (10+8+6) damage. You bloody Aurel! You then swing your blades at Aurel again with ruffling sting (4+11) but your blade misses him. You swing your blades twice at him after dropping an action point! (CRIT) (19+11) Both blades hit, wounding him severely, dealing (10+1+3+2) and (1+1+5) damage! Aurel collapses and you see a black cloud exhume from his wounds!

Nadarr moves up and slams his staff into the ground as he casts fire shroud! (14+7) (10+7) (13+7) (CRIT) Nadarr's spell hits all but the necromancer as he engulfs his foes in his burst of flame! They all take (6+7) damage except Shadow Weston who takes(8+7+6) damage and they all catch fire ad take ongoing (5) fire damage! Nadarr slays shadow Weston! Nadarr casts arcane whirlwind himself after dropping an action point! (CRIT) (18+7) (10+7) Nadarr hits all his foes and deals (4+6+7) damage to Symon and his dark clone and deals (6+6+7+5) damage to the necromancer! They all collapse except the necromancer who falls right off the platform from the push effect! (?) (?) He tries to grab the ledge but overshoots himself and is launched by Nadarr who uses his minor to throw him farthur off the edge. You hear screaming as he falls into the magma below.

Shadow Karl begins his turn and burns and collapses. You all breathe a sigh of relief as its all over now. You watch as the clones start to disappear in a dark smoke that seems to fall off the platform into the magma below. Symon and Aurel's body lie before you, both seem to be fully intact.

You look behind the throne and see the way out, but its dangerous if you don't take your time. As you get closer, you watch as the once inactive portal awakens and a large, burnt hand latches onto the platform. Another appears and pulls itself up, revealing a creature that is flesh and shadow all in one. He's burnt by the magma that he obivously fell in, but isn't dead. He pulls himself up fully, causing the platform to shake and move violently.

"DID YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD DIE SO EASILY!?"

His body resembles a large, demonlike figure, like a tiefling but bigger and covered in shadow. You can't help but notice that some of the magma must've fused with him, as parts are bright and when he opens his mouth, liquid seems to cover what is supposed to be his lips, revealing a burning interior and sharp fangs made of shadow.

The Necromancer approaches!

Isbat begins his turn! ((No, you do not get your encounter powers back and you don't get a short rest))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: May 25, 2015, 10:50:43 am »

((And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I used an at-will power instead of burning my daily and encounter powers. I even still have my action point! :P ))

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 344