Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340872 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

isbat nods at thoradin
then arcana check!!
and continue to search and loot!
and equip the ruby scabard

(( >:( Weren't supposed to know it already...))
(17+12) You find out its a ruby scabbard! ((Apparently you already know what it does))

Karl tends to his wounds and helps search through the dragon's treasure for any other magical items.

"Once we've recovered, we should continue onward. I think it makes sense to store all the... results of dealing with the dragon here and with the treasure. I think we are the only living beings in this fortress, and we're better served not being weighed down as we fight. If we win, we'll have all the time we need to figure out how we deal with all that we find. If we lose... well, the Raven Queen doesn't send your possessions with you."

Karl waits until the looting is done before looking around at the others.

"During the fight, I suffered a vision of the necromancer of this fallen fortress. I don't know if you all suffered the same vision, but if what I saw was true, we have only three days remaining before the defiler finishes some great spell to extend the darkness we've fought against across the entire surface. We must make haste, but we have terrible fights ahead with Aurel and Symon."

You go inside the cave to loot the hoard. You see the wealth, but before you get the chance, your blade whispers to you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your heirloom blade shines and a second rune appears on it. Your blade now has the lifestealer ability

You then begin looking through the loot with Isbat  and Thoradin.

You find: 802gp, 776sp, 14 bloodstones, a magical warhammer, a magical battleaxe, a magical bastard sword, a magical small dagger, a magical set of cloth armor, two sets of magical leather armor, a magical book, some magical boots, a set of magical bracers, and a ritual book. The rest are mundane items worth quite a fortune for its masterwork.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Follow the rest. Immediately start looking for any gems, picking up any I find and storing them. Then, ask Karl for any magical things he has and do arcana checks on each item, setting them in a pile to the side as  I do so.

If I see anyone with any gems, keep working, only looking considerably more tense and casting the odd glance in his direction.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:50:37 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Start giving out the dragon scales and dragon teeth to everybody until I have enough inventory space to store extra items. Explain the uses of such ingredients.

Afterwards continue to loot with the party. If I can see what Karl has found, ask him about the magical bastard sword and leather armor. If anybody wants something from the dragon, feel free to ask.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Arcana check erryting! Especially the dagger, cloth armor, and boots.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start giving out the dragon scales and dragon teeth to everybody until I have enough inventory space to store extra items. Explain the uses of such ingredients.

Afterwards continue to loot with the party. If I can see what Karl has found, ask him about the magical bastard sword and leather armor. If anybody wants something from the dragon, feel free to ask.

Follow the rest. Immediately start looking for any gems, picking up any I find and storing them. Then, ask Karl for any magical things he has and do arcana checks on each item, setting them in a pile to the side as  I do so.

If I see anyone with any gems, keep working, only looking considerably more tense and casting the odd glance in his direction.

Karl, Isbat and Thoradin checked everything before the rest of you arrive. Nadarr, regrettably, cannot hoard the gems and gold ((for once...)). 

(8+11) (FUMBLE) (8+11) (10+11) (11+11) (FUMBLE) (17+11) (2+11) (7+11) (12+11) (FUMBLE) (11+11)

You succeed in discovering that you have the following:

Dwarven Thrower Warhammer +1
Oathblade bastard sword +1
Shadowdance cloth armor +1
Pact blade - Zy Tormtor's trinket - dagger +1
Armor of dark majesty leather +1
Amulet of protection +1
Flametouch bracers
Eavestrider boots
Enchant Magical Item ritual

You believe the battleaxe, the other leather armor and the book are non-magical, despite everyone else saying they are

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Three fumbles ._.
Clearly the RNG in this game hates me.

Okay, please describe the following items:
Shadowdance Cloth Armor
Eavestrider boots
And that pact-blade thingamajig.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This makes me wish that magic item resources were more available for 4e, I'd gladly look up things instead of making highmax transcribe everything, but I search for names and can't even find the book they would be listed in.

That said, I'd be interested in knowing what the Dwarvern Thrower warhammer, Flametouch bracers and  (L)eavestrider boots do.))

Karl glances at Weston and asks Nadarr to double-check the three items that Weston insists aren't magical. He lays out the magical items and gestures to them. "Take what you would use best. We need all of our strength for the foes to come."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm telling you, these items are non-magic. Might as well leave them behind, we have treasure enough as is."

((roleplay :p ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I also forgot to mention you can't shownup as you're still gutting a dragon))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Eh, does the word "Afterwards" mean something else or did I use it inappropriately?))

When done gutting the dragon, done the actions I mentioned above. Plus also ask for the magical leather armor and bastard sword. Also nature check on everything I gut.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:17:34 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Did I not Arcana check?))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

could i get the list of what everythib was that me karl and thoradin found
since im asuming we passed the checks
"I'm telling you, these items are non-magic. Might as well leave them behind, we have treasure enough as is."
then we'll take em all

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Did I not Arcana check?))
You arcana check the things that weren't identified. (16+11) (17+11) (9+11) The items are a lightning battleaxe +1, a thunderweave leather armor +1, and a blessed book.

Dwarven Thrower Warhammer +1
Oathblade bastard sword +1
Shadowdance cloth armor +1
Pact blade - Zy Tormtor's trinket - dagger +1
Armor of dark majesty leather +1
Amulet of protection +1
Flame bracers
Wavestrider boots
Enchant Magical Item ritual
Lightning Battleaxe
\
Thunderweave Armor
Blessed Book

((Eh, does the word "Afterwards" mean something else or did I use it inappropriately?))

When done gutting the dragon, done the actions I mentioned above. Plus also ask for the magical leather armor and bastard sword. Also nature check on everything I gut.
((You're going to be at this for an hour at the very least))

could i get the list of what everythib was that me karl and thoradin found
since im asuming we passed the checks
then we'll take em all
((Its already there. The rest is basic, dwarven armor and weapons, as well as crafts that you cannot tell the worth of without the right knowledge. Plus, several items are too big too carry without a bag of holding or a cart))

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Dont know about  you guys i could use the thunder weave armour and the boots

if its fine take the armour and boots and equip them
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:04:23 pm by Death9980 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tell everyone what the items are.

I shall give you the Thunderweave armour if you relinquish claim on the boots, which I also want, Isbat. I want the boots. The books. The Flame Bracers.

I'm willing to back down on one if I feel the need.

If you don't mind, that is, Karl.
Nadarr adds reluctantly onto the end.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:07:24 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 344