Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 340912 times)

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

drink healing potion
shift diagonally bottom right
and use sloth strike on dragon

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

drink healing potion
shift diagonally bottom right
and use sloth strike on dragon

You shift over after chugging a healing potion, easing your wounds and restoring (10)hp. You then grip your blade and strike at the dragon! (19+11) Your blade strikes true, cutting deep into the dragon's hide! Your blade deals (8+7+6) cold damage, and you slow the dragon down with the freezing cold blade! You attempt to endure through the poisoned breath! (19) You succeed, with the sensation of burning slowly going away from your lungs and throat.

Karl begins his turn by taking (5) poison damage as your throat swells up and you hack up blood that has a greenish tint. You're severely injured as you collapse to 3hp.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((A reminder that Alexander either needs to save from poison before his turn or get a heal in, as he drops at the start of his turn))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor: Divine Mettle on Alexander to help resist the poison
Move as Minor: Lay on Hands on Nadaar
Standard: Second Wind

Coughing tainted blood, Karl reaches out, the cold blue fire surging from his hand to Nadaar's twitching body. "Get up, dragonborn. It is not yet your time." the paladin says, feeling a surge of strength rise up within him. He feels the gaze of his Goddess brush over their battle, and prays that she aid them in their desperate battle.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor: Divine Mettle on Alexander to help resist the poison
Move as Minor: Lay on Hands on Nadaar
Standard: Second Wind

Coughing tainted blood, Karl reaches out, the cold blue fire surging from his hand to Nadaar's twitching body. "Get up, dragonborn. It is not yet your time." the paladin says, feeling a surge of strength rise up within him. He feels the gaze of his Goddess brush over their battle, and prays that she aid them in their desperate battle.
You cast divine mettle on Alexander! (9+4) Alexander recovers as a bright light goes into his chest and a green aura flies out of him. He feels much better now, but is still in critical condition. You then drop on one knee and lay on hands Nadarr for (8)hp and he wakes back up, coughing up greenish blood as you did. He's still poisoned. You then steel yourself for the dragon's next strike, healing (13) hp and getting you out of critical condition. You attempt to endure the poisoning (15) and succeed. You mutter a quick prayer as you face the dragon again.

Alexander begins his turn!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Minor: Chunk a potion down.
Move: Shift one southeast
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf on the Dragon

"This day just keeps getting weirder."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor: Chunk a potion down.
Move: Shift one southeast
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf on the Dragon

"This day just keeps getting weirder."
You down a potion and stand on top of the dragonborn, your foot stepping on him stomach. Now that your revenge against the dragonborn is done, you swing your blades at the dragon! (19+11) (19+11) Both blades cut deep into the dragon's hide, dealing (6+7+10+10+5+4) damage! The dragon is on its last legs as it lets out one last weak roar!

Thoradin begins his turn! He moves up to flank the dragon and foam flies out of his mouth as he screams at the top of his lungs! Hit arms seem to grow thicker veins and brings his axe down on the dragon's neck! His axe strikes true, landing a critical blow, dealing a massive (64) damage! The dragons head comes clean off, and its foul blood is sprayed all over the dwarf! The dragon is defeated!

Everyone gains 200xp!

The party is still wounded, but after a bit, the dragon's poison goes away. Thoradin rips out a fang from the dragon's head and keeps it as a trophy

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Harvest whatever interesting you can find from the dragon. Second wind.

"Magnificently done, dwarf Thoradin. Couldn't have done it mesself. We should rest. That was one tough bugger."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Also harvest from the dragon, first raising my hand in thanks towards Karl. Glare at Alexander as the harvesting commences.

Good fight, and well fought, Thoradin.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Excellent hit Thoradin

isbat seaches the dragons lair for loot

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"What a day. Blasted beast."

Spend healing surge, kick the dragon's corpse in irritation.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

oh yay were low on health
alsospend healing surges till im healed or a few point to full

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Harvest whatever interesting you can find from the dragon. Second wind.

"Magnificently done, dwarf Thoradin. Couldn't have done it mesself. We should rest. That was one tough bugger."

Also harvest from the dragon, first raising my hand in thanks towards Karl. Glare at Alexander as the harvesting commences.

Good fight, and well fought, Thoradin.

"What a day. Blasted beast."

Spend healing surge, kick the dragon's corpse in irritation.

Alexander takes his foot off of Nadarr after digging his heel into him. No damage is dealt, except to pride. You begin by attempting to harvest parts of the dragon that you think are necessary; poison glands, bile, bones, scales, wing membrane, blood, the heart, teeth and claws. (CRIT) (18+10) (19+10) (18+10) (FUMBLE) (19+10) (6+10) (5+10) (16+10) You manage to harvest, with the excess bottles and vials from all the potions the party has drank (but never threw away the bottles for some reason) and receive the green dragon's breath glands, two bottles of dragon bile, almost every bone in the dragons body, 77 dragon scales, eight bottles of dragon blood, forty three dragon teeth (one of the largest is taken by Thoradin), twenty dragon claws, a ruined wing membrane and a destroyed dragon heart. Sadly, you do not have nearly enough inventory space to carry all this yourself (even with the bag of holding). Weston comes up in your gutting and kicks a nice mark on the dragon's scaleless body. The dragon's hide seems to still be effective, so you continue to work on that (16+10) and you succeed in getting 30lbs of it (roughly a square meter)

Excellent hit Thoradin

isbat seaches the dragons lair for loot
Thoradin nods at your comment and the two of you enter the cave as Alexander cleans up the dragon's corpse. He lights up a torch and you descend into the darkness. About 40ft in, you see the torch catch something and it shines. Going in closer, you see the dragons hoard, which, despite the stories, has more weapons and arms and crafts more then gold and jewels (there are still some however). Thoradin spots a large executioner's axe buried in the piles of metal and takes in in place of his current weapon. He turns to you.

"Take what you need. Any wealth you find here is yours. I'm taking a couple things to prepare myself for the battles ahead."

He digs in the pile a bit and tosses something at you.

"You seem like someone who would want this."

Its a strange scabbard with rubies adorning it. Its obviously magical

Death9980

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

isbat nods at thoradin
then arcana check!!
and continue to search and loot!
and equip the ruby scabard

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl tends to his wounds and helps search through the dragon's treasure for any other magical items.

"Once we've recovered, we should continue onward. I think it makes sense to store all the... results of dealing with the dragon here and with the treasure. I think we are the only living beings in this fortress, and we're better served not being weighed down as we fight. If we win, we'll have all the time we need to figure out how we deal with all that we find. If we lose... well, the Raven Queen doesn't send your possessions with you."

Karl waits until the looting is done before looking around at the others.

"During the fight, I suffered a vision of the necromancer of this fallen fortress. I don't know if you all suffered the same vision, but if what I saw was true, we have only three days remaining before the defiler finishes some great spell to extend the darkness we've fought against across the entire surface. We must make haste, but we have terrible fights ahead with Aurel and Symon."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Not-so Jolly Green Cave Dr
« Reply #4649 on: February 03, 2015, 09:47:04 am »

REST
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 344