Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341194 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

((Ugh... My interest has been wavering back and forth here. Just skip me if you need to, I won't mind.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Ugh... My interest has been wavering back and forth here. Just skip me if you need to, I won't mind.))
((Uhh... That's the thing. I actually need a question. It's also why I pulled Mastahcheese back in. Even mundane questions work))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Uhh... That's the thing. I actually need a question. It's also why I pulled Mastahcheese back in. Even mundane questions work))
((I just realised that there are two questions that Symon would ask. So here's one of them))

Symon mumbles and stutters in the awe of the image, but when he gets his words right, its clean and neat:

"Where is the greatest source of evil inside these halls?"

The apparition points to Nadarr.

"Though it is very faint and almost non-existent, the dragonborn bears a relic you found from the shadow thief that holds a fraction of a power that none of you would be able to comprehend. If it is what I believe it is, then entire planes will cease to exist within the next coming years. Soon, even Faerun will be taken by this. But the evil inside of that is a by-product of what I speak; a mere sliver of that power."

He stands in awe and begins saying in a prophetic but very monotonous way:

"The tower awaits those who can find the rose and find the prisoner's door. If you choose to follow the path to it, then you will walk in lands where gods are powerless and fearful to even pass by, and magic fades from existence as the world that you must traverse is dying as it has moved on. You will see firsthand of the power that the Master of the Tower is capable of. The spellplague is but a prick in comparison to how ravaged the world there is."

He then shakes his head and forgets anything he said.

((*Whistles*

Well then. Alex wants to be a Necromancer :P))
((What, being a sparkly vampire wasn't dark and edgy enough?

Btw, I'm planning to use my question to learn how to get rid of the troll head, so y'all best make your questions count.))

You ask how to be rid of the Trollhead and the appiration grins a bit. Before he speaks, the head speaks.

Come on mon, ya know ya really don' wanta loose me, do ya mon? Ya tink I'm useless an' I'm hurt.

"You know already to have him leave you is to make him happy enough with you. The only other information I can tell you is that he will not leave until he is fully satisfied... That includes deliberately trying to be rid of him. He has a horrible power of teleporting back into your bag or the next chest you open. The latter he usually enjoys as he scares you."

The head laughs

See? Dis glowy mon know's how ta work wit' me. Then again, wit' ya bird an' everytin, ya got a pretty big birdbrain yaself"

He stats laughing at his joke, expecting a reaction from you. The apparition merely shakes his head

Thoradin speaks the last question:

"Great Dastot Uristash, Toady One, I was born and raised here before the fall of the fortress. But these halls have changed and I do not remember my ancestral home. If your wisdom would grant me strength, I would be indebted to you for my life. Where is the Necromancer Ur located within this hall?"

The apparition speaks and begins to fade.

"In the forges, there is a path that opened up when the fortress began to quake from the excess magic Ur released. You remember that quake; it released the werewolf upon you. The opening goes into a large cavern where Ur used his magic to chain a platform of stone on top of magma; the blood of the mountain. His magic is perfected, and he sits in this hall with a hope that he has pleased the Demon Prince Orcus and another, even more fearsome diety, that not even I know his name. It has been forgotten since the time of the creation of the Abyss and the Nine Hells. Only few know of him, and even fewer know what to name him. He wishes to bring one of them out of the Abyss, but to which, I do not know.

The questions are asked. What you do with the knowledge I bestowed upon you, is in your hands to wield or toss aside. Return to me with Ur's head, and Moradin will grant you his thanks. You may rest by my bones, but do not stay long; every hour that passes, Ur has taken another step... One that can be taken back closer to Amn and your homes.

Our fortunes rise and fall together..."

Dastot Uristash fades away, but you still feel as if he's there. Nadarr feels a little uneasy after the answer to Symon's question pointed him out, regardless of the circumstances. Karl feels a great surge of anger and justice as soon as the word "Orcus" was mentioned as he instinctively grips his shield handle tighter.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Amongst the Graves
« Reply #4188 on: July 25, 2014, 01:46:39 am »

((Goddammit, I don't want this troll head. I will find a way to get rid of it, even if it requires killing my character. Totally serious.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: July 25, 2014, 01:48:59 am »

Karl whispers a prayer to the Raven Queen to easy Toady One's passage into the afterlife. After his prayer is done, he looks around at the group. "Between our questions, we know in general what walks the halls, where we need to go, where we can recover the most treasure, something I am sure Nadarr is fond of hearing." he says with a brief grin. "For those of you who joined us later, Nadarr, Symon and myself, along with several companions who have since died were tasked to recover a heirloom ring. This ring, that Toady One spoke of, is something we will have to consider later. For now, let us focus on slaying this necromancer and our former companions who were taken by the shadow. Once that is done, we can consider the matter of treasure, these forgotten beasts, and what we shall do about those who seek the ring."

((I believe you should let Sirus introduce the troll head to the magma, highmax. Gag items shouldn't drive people to character suicide to get out of dealing with them.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: July 25, 2014, 07:30:49 am »

The hair on Alexander's skin stands when he hears the answer that The Toady one gave to Thoradin and his being fills with hope of finding what he seeks. The news that Orcus is involved only brings a grin to his face. When he hears of the dragonborn however, he turns a dark shade.

"I hope you can explain this, Dragonborn. We're all very eager to hear anything you might know of the subject. Right, Symon?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: July 25, 2014, 08:19:30 am »

"Right then, off to kill the jack&$£, who's leading the way?"

((I hope you're thankful for the chat color change, dwarfy))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »

((Indeed I am, Mastah. Thank you.))

Nadarr eyes the flush in Alexander's face, and considers the ring he holds.

With a sigh, he pulls a ring out of his bag, and says.

Indeed, I found the ring, Alexander.

He walks over to Karl and gives him the ring.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: July 25, 2014, 02:26:53 pm »

Karl grimaces slightly to handle this tainted artifact and tucks it securely into the bottom of his belt pouch.

"I believe we will need to discuss this object further later. But I don't think we want to hand this over to our employer given the nature of his servant. He doesn't exactly seem to be a force of light and goodness in the world."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: July 25, 2014, 02:29:44 pm »

"I do hope you have no plans of murdering him out right. I need to ask him a few things first. And that bloody ring. Careful not to lose it, but if you feel it starting to encroach your mind, please tell me."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: July 25, 2014, 02:34:18 pm »

Karl looks at Alexander quizzically. "You seem to know something of the nature of this sort of thing, Alexander. I trust in the Raven Queen to protect me, but if the ring begins speaking to me, I'll let you all know. Hopefully without sounding insane in the process."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: July 25, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »

"Oh, don't worry about that. If I myself start sounding hysterical just tell me who I am and I'll be fine. It's been fine lately but that'll probably change once the Necromancer is gone. It's normal. Just ignore it. As for the ring, I'd say that it's best to give it somebody already affected to it like myself but I have no intentions of forcing the choice. I have enough on my own."

Happy smile.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: July 27, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »

"Oh, don't worry about that. If I myself start sounding hysterical just tell me who I am and I'll be fine. It's been fine lately but that'll probably change once the Necromancer is gone. It's normal. Just ignore it. As for the ring, I'd say that it's best to give it somebody already affected to it like myself but I have no intentions of forcing the choice. I have enough on my own."

Happy smile.
((Karl, I think he's asking you for it))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: July 27, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »

((Not really. The way I see it from a technical standpoint is that one choice might create a random event and allow a different type of dialogue at a certain point of the game whilst the other just takes them away in favor of more stability. Alexander couldn't care less.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: July 28, 2014, 01:38:03 am »

Karl gives Alexander a long look. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if the ring causes adverse reactions, you're suggesting placing it in the hands of someone who may be even more sensitive to its influence then normal? That doesn't strike me as a particularly wise course of events."
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 344