Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341207 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Karl summons forth the black mastiff. "I was always fond of our hunting dogs back home. I think you and I will do well together. Stay close, and guard my back." he says, letting the magical dog sniff his hands and scratching behind its ears.

((I'm taking he disappears for an extended rest and then can be resummoned at the end of one.))

Karl glances at Alexander curiously, wondering at the source of the man's worries.
((Aye, you can resummon him at the end of it, as it is a daily power

I'm going to assume everyone is done here and head downstairs, since that's the only way left that you haven't gone... Except outside))

Thoradin leads you down the stairs. They're in a square build but at how quick and sharp they turn, they may as well be a spiral stair. You pass by an opening that appears to be a graveyard. There's a sign on the wall that points down that says "To the forges/Caverns". The doorway is open, but the entire "graveyard" appears to be littered with desecrated coffins. There also appears to be several other rooms with plaques of gold and silver on their doors.

Didnt get to read that, but needless to say Nadarr searches everything along the way, if that's okay?
Nadarr goes into the room and begins searching the coffins and reading the plaques. There are no corpses ((Praise the Gods!)). (19+7) You find nothing of interest in the coffins, but the gold plaque that is centered in the room is the tomb you're looking for as it reads the name of the corpse.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl looks at Nadarr and can't help but smirk as he sees the glint of gold in front of him. "Leave it to Nadarr to find gold, even in the middle of a graveyard. What does the plaque say, Thoradin?"

((I can't remember if Nadarr related the return the bones subquest, or if Karl was conscious enough to appreciate it.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Perception Check.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perception Check.
You find nothing more of importance without checking the tombs. The doors, save for the one that Nadarr is at ((since he's in your way)), are locked.

Karl looks at Nadarr and can't help but smirk as he sees the glint of gold in front of him. "Leave it to Nadarr to find gold, even in the middle of a graveyard. What does the plaque say, Thoradin?"

((I can't remember if Nadarr related the return the bones subquest, or if Karl was conscious enough to appreciate it.))
The plaque is in common, dwarven and several other languages and is larger then the other plaques. It reads clearly in several languages:

Here lies Dastot Uristash, Toady One, founder of the settlement Uristash. May his soul find peace without his bones

(?) This door, doesn't seem locked. Nadarr opens it. Inside is a massive tomb that has a ceiling higher then the mass gave behind you, fully engraved walls and floor. Magma seems to flow through a barrier of steel bars with a large vat of water streaming next to it but not touching the magma. The room, surprisingly, is cool, despite magma flowing through the floors under a thick layer of glass, iron and 2ft of of space, making the magma light the room, but staying a fair distance away. In between the magma and above the water flows, is a giant engraving of a humanoid with several ones underneath kneeling before a proud humanoid raising a pickaxe that points to the large figure. And the entire room is plastered with silver and gold lining on the engravings, making the entire room appear as if it was blinding with the light from the magma and braziers of steel and a shiny metal you assume to be platinum. Dwarven runes are marked all over the light sources and they appear to be lit without the use of fuel. But what sparks your eye is in the center is a coffin with a plaque in front of it with dwarven runes... And the coffin is solid platinum with gold trimming and plastered with jewels that starts to make your mouth water. Just the coffin lid alone would make you wealthier then most kings with the sheer amount of gems put on it that are altered in a way so they resemble the same engraving on the back wall. As you step into the room, you feel as if you are in the presence of a god.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl follows the dragonborn into the room and looks around. the feeling of awe and majesty is nearly overwhelming, and he keeps his eyes on the dragonborn to make sure he doesn't try to defile the tomb.

((Karl will stop anyone from trying to desecrate the tomb - if Thoradin saw that occur, he'll probably turn on us.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:58:14 am by Hanzoku »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the tombs and keep an eye on Thoradin's face when he enters.

"If you don't mind me asking, Thoradin, what happened after this guy's demise? He sounds all-too important with his coffin. How'd he even die to begin with? Or were you not told since it was after your birth."

((What happened with using bold on actions, Hanzoku?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm bad on following that rule, sorry. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl follows the dragonborn into the room and looks around. the feeling of awe and majesty is nearly overwhelming, and he keeps his eyes on the dragonborn to make sure he doesn't try to defile the tomb.

((Karl will stop anyone from trying to desecrate the tomb - if Thoradin saw that occur, he'll probably turn on us.))

You feel like this place would be a place of worship if the coffin was replaced by an altar. There is definatley a presence of something here, but you feel protected from undead creatures.

Check the tombs and keep an eye on Thoradin's face when he enters.

"If you don't mind me asking, Thoradin, what happened after this guy's demise? He sounds all-too important with his coffin. How'd he even die to begin with? Or were you not told since it was after your birth."

((What happened with using bold on actions, Hanzoku?))
"He was a great leader, and he kept this place running when it first started. I forgot that they named this place after him. He's hailed here with the highest regard, as he has slain many with his pickaxe just merely working. He died attempting to help the place during a cave in, but they said his bones were buried in it, so they made this tomb of the earth metals in hopes this would work enough. Obviously, it didn't stop Necromancers from resurrecting his body.

Alexander, I don't mind you taking things, within reason, from the lesser tombs, but DO NOT take anything from here."

The doors are still locked

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"As morbid as it may be, we might want to use this tomb as a resting place if we need to rest further. I think the lesser undead at least will be warded away from here."

((Not sure if Nadarr is still in your control, highmax, but if so, could he put the bones back?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hmm? I think I'm quite done with looting but it never hurts to check in case there is something special lying in wait."

If the other tombs don't require me to proceed even deeper into the fortress, then check them as well. Else just wait for the party to decide on what to do.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hmm? I think I'm quite done with looting but it never hurts to check in case there is something special lying in wait."

If the other tombs don't require me to proceed even deeper into the fortress, then check them as well. Else just wait for the party to decide on what to do.
((All of the tombs except Toady's are locked. Unless you try to do a theivery check to pick the lock, or try and kick the door down (and maybe annoy/anger Thoradin with that), they'll stay locked))

"As morbid as it may be, we might want to use this tomb as a resting place if we need to rest further. I think the lesser undead at least will be warded away from here."

((Not sure if Nadarr is still in your control, highmax, but if so, could he put the bones back?))
((He should've been back. I have him on skype and I saw him earlier today, but not a word. I'll go on the fact he's still under my possession))

Thoradin nods and agrees that it would be best to rest here after the bones are put back. Nadarr pulls the bones out of the backpack as well as the pickaxe, opening the empty coffin and arranging the bones in a way that resembles the dwarven figure. (19+4) Nadarr manages to figure it out and masterfully arranges them so they are in a proper fashion. You feel a burst of energy as the braziers begin to flicker almost violently and the aspect of Toady One appears before you. The black mastiff starts to whine and even back up a little bit as it appears to humble itself in the presence of this figure. The divine strength you all feel is almost overwhelming. Thoradin kneels immediately and mutters something about feeling like "Moradin standing before him".

"I thank you, Dragonborn, for returning my bones to my tomb. It has been so long since I have been able to rest in peace finally. I shall reward you again once you return here after the place has been eradicated of the Shadow Necromacner, Ur. Moradin will grant me one last moment on this plane before I pass on into his halls when you complete that task. I have faith in each of you to succeed.

The knowledge I bestow upon you. as promised, is one question from you and your party members. I cannot give you physical belongings, as I have none left from the absence of my body, but I can tell you what I know; I have wandered these halls as a spirit for many many years. The passing of a season goes like a blink of an eye, and I know what has befallen of this place as my body was resurrected. One question, one answer."

Thoradin agrees to ask the last question. Who will ask first and what is the question?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So we each get one question?))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So we each get one question?))
((Yep. May want to make it count))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((BACK! Happy days! Just read through all of that, and I laughed at the spider taking down a zombie. Nice hound, Hanzoku! It suits your character :P As to me being on Skype, eh, I dunno what that's about. Got back maybe an hour ago.))

Nadarr, his eyes lifeless, his face slack, fits the bones in place. Gold glitters around him, but for once he is impervious to its charm. His soul yearns for gold, but his soul is elsewhere. Something seems to gather. Nadarr, as shambolic as a zombie, stumbles back a pace. Sheer energy undulates over him, and with a hoarse cry he shields his eyes. His spirit is slammed into his body with a force akin to a mountain falling, a river flooding. He blinks. Life and lustre are now in his eyes. Gold glints in them. Platinum ensnares them. Riches confound him. Staring around at the wealth on display, he almost forgets his honour. Almost.

With supreme effort he takes his eyes from the wealth about him, and moves a shaking hand across his forehead. his eyes dart, but suddenly he realises the apparition had been speaking, and turns his mind to the question. One soon presents itself which turns his mind from the present riches at hand.

Where is the most gold, the most jewels, the most magical items? Where are the riches, besides those my companionship with Thoradin, and my very honour, forbids me to take? Nadarr says rapidly, eagerly. He awaits his answer impatiently.

((One wasted question, whoooo.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((BACK! Happy days! Just read through all of that, and I laughed at the spider taking down a zombie. Nice hound, Hanzoku! It suits your character :P As to me being on Skype, eh, I dunno what that's about. Got back maybe an hour ago.))

Nadarr, his eyes lifeless, his face slack, fits the bones in place. Gold glitters around him, but for once he is impervious to its charm. His soul yearns for gold, but his soul is elsewhere. Something seems to gather. Nadarr, as shambolic as a zombie, stumbles back a pace. Sheer energy undulates over him, and with a hoarse cry he shields his eyes. His spirit is slammed into his body with a force akin to a mountain falling, a river flooding. He blinks. Life and lustre are now in his eyes. Gold glints in them. Platinum ensnares them. Riches confound him. Staring around at the wealth on display, he almost forgets his honour. Almost.

With supreme effort he takes his eyes from the wealth about him, and moves a shaking hand across his forehead. his eyes dart, but suddenly he realises the apparition had been speaking, and turns his mind to the question. One soon presents itself which turns his mind from the present riches at hand.

Where is the most gold, the most jewels, the most magical items? Where are the riches, besides those my companionship with Thoradin, and my very honour, forbids me to take? Nadarr says rapidly, eagerly. He awaits his answer impatiently.

((One wasted question, whoooo.))

"There are two equal deposits of riches, but of different value. Thoradin has explained to you the first as a reward, the hall of masterwork items. The other is in the caverns, where a cave dragon sleeps. There is gold and treasures stolen from the forges and other places of the fortress and hoarded down there. You will have a formidable battle ahead of you, but one you may be able to win if your strength and courage do not falter."

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 344