Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341214 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Perception check and check the things that fit and containers.

"What is it now?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"What is it now?"
"Three highly unlikely but possible things.

1) the fortress is collapsing from old age, but it's unlikely as I said
2) earthquake, but we never had one before in a the years we been 'ere
3) something ya'd pray to yer gods that you never laid eyes on it... One of the many forgotten horrors deep in the caverns trying to break free... The engravings do no justice to the horrors of what they really are. Some would make creatures of the Far Realm look fine."

EDIT:
((for those who don't know, the Far Realm holds creatures that resemble things taken out of HP Lovecraft tales))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl helps to search the piles quickly for anything of unusual quality or value.

"No offense, Thoradin, but your fortress is a deathtrap waiting to happen, between mining and construction accidents, werecreatures, necromancers and more then one eldritich horror in the depths. Beyond collecting artifacts of value to your clan, wouldn't it make more sense to resettle elsewhere?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl helps to search the piles quickly for anything of unusual quality or value.

"No offense, Thoradin, but your fortress is a deathtrap waiting to happen, between mining and construction accidents, werecreatures, necromancers and more then one eldritich horror in the depths. Beyond collecting artifacts of value to your clan, wouldn't it make more sense to resettle elsewhere?"
"Perhaps it is very dangerous. Perhaps we do have some problems with these horrors. But if your home was invaded by dragons, stripped and you know the dragon has gotten fat and idle in such a long time, would you not try and fix your home, despite it being overrun with kobolds and the like? The difference is this is one man, and as you saw with his lesser underlings, we kill Ur, the undead will follow and the necromancers will flee. As for the horrors, we fought them for years, but most if then bother us once and never come back. I can tell you that the last time a horror was found was twenty years before I was born, and before that , eighty years passed. The werecreatures were a product of an invasion of idiots."

((I don't have my dice on hand, so I'll do searches when I get home))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What is it now?"

Alexander checks the clothing and the containers for goods while Karl checks the baubles, toys and weapons.

(3+9) (18+9) Alexander finds nothing special in the clothing but finds, inside the containers and furniture, a bag and a lantern, both magical. (11+4) (19+4) (2+4) Karl finds an ornate statue of a dwarf in the baubles, laced with silver and bone. The toy pile reveals to you a statue of a mastiff made of onyx that seems to be magical. You find nothing on interest in the pile of weapons.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's just kill the guy and get it over with. I think I'm getting kinda lonely."

((Hint hint, this might be a good insight check for ye folks on Alexander. I think it would be amusing if Symon succeeded on it.))

"Yo, Dragonborn. Mind telling me what these two items do? They seem fancy."

Show him the magical bag and lantern.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Since you suggested it...))
Insight check on Alexander and his statement

Karl puts the statue in his Bag for sale and splitting of proceeds in the future, and asks Nadarr (or the spirit possessing him) to try to identify the mastiff statue.

"Perhaps this is a rude question, but how old are you, Thoradin? Giving the shifting we felt, could the awaking of these horrors be cyclical?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, a shiver goes up Alexander's spine when he hears the words "how old" and says quietly to himself

"Must be my imagination."

((I hope I'm not breaking anything with this. I just thought I'd put it out there in a comical sense.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's just kill the guy and get it over with. I think I'm getting kinda lonely."

((Hint hint, this might be a good insight check for ye folks on Alexander. I think it would be amusing if Symon succeeded on it.))

"Yo, Dragonborn. Mind telling me what these two items do? They seem fancy."

Show him the magical bag and lantern.
(7+9) (11+9) The bag is a deepfarers pouch ((a belt pouch that holds 1 hour's worth of air)) and the lantern is a lamp of discerning ((gives a +1 to insight and perception checks to you and all allies in the range (5 bright, 3 low, 2 dim). You do not need to light or refill it)). You hurt your eyes a little bit as Nadarr opens the shutter really quickly as you're gawking at it.

((Since you suggested it...))
Insight check on Alexander and his statement

Karl puts the statue in his Bag for sale and splitting of proceeds in the future, and asks Nadarr (or the spirit possessing him) to try to identify the mastiff statue.

"Perhaps this is a rude question, but how old are you, Thoradin? Giving the shifting we felt, could the awaking of these horrors be cyclical?"
(19+9) It is an Onyx Dog. ((Once/day, summon a black mastiff as a standard action. As a free action, you may spend a healing surge to give temporary HP equal to your healing surge value to the dog. As an at will, when you are attacked and the onyx mastiff is next to you, as an interrupt, the dog makes a bite attack.))

Thoradin laughs and then stands up straight.

"I suppose I keep talking to ya like ye're supposed ta know my age. Sorry about that lads. I'm seventy four years old, but I look younger then I say I am, aye lad? I'm just barely past what most dwarves consider an adult."

As strange as it is to say, he does indeed look young, even for a dwarf his age. Thoradin suggests you head downstairs next, but to keep your weapons handy; you may have the height advantage, but one corpse pile on the stairs and height means nothing.

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, a shiver goes up Alexander's spine when he hears the words "how old" and says quietly to himself

"Must be my imagination."

((I hope I'm not breaking anything with this. I just thought I'd put it out there in a comical sense.))
(CRIT vs 2+?) ((I don't even know if he's bluffing or whatever, but you hit the DC nonetheless.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wrong statement. Karl's insight was on my previous statement

^"Let's just kill the guy and get it over with. I think I'm getting kinda lonely."

not on this one

^"Must be my imagination."

))

"I'll keep the pouch as I find myself competent at swimming. As for the lantern, I wonder if there's any way to strap it to my waist. The benefit seems to be to all of us so who carries it matters little. If you need to borrow it in town let me know."

Straps the pouch to my belt and tries to strap the lantern as well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:23:59 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What duration does the mastiff stay for? One battle, or a certain number of rounds or hours?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What duration does the mastiff stay for? One battle, or a certain number of rounds or hours?))
((8 hours or until dismissed. I just woke up to find I had the adventurer's vault open to that page looking for the duration.

So in a nutshell, pretty much in between extended rests, unlike Nadarr's bag which is until dismissed period))
((Wrong statement. Karl's insight was on my previous statement

^"Let's just kill the guy and get it over with. I think I'm getting kinda lonely."

not on this one

^"Must be my imagination."

))

"I'll keep the pouch as I find myself competent at swimming. As for the lantern, I wonder if there's any way to strap it to my waist. The benefit seems to be to all of us so who carries it matters little. If you need to borrow it in town let me know."

Straps the pouch to my belt and tries to strap the lantern as well.
Amongst the containers full of clothing, you find a small belt strap, probably for a goblin or halfling, and you alter it so it straps your lantern to your belt. Thankfully, the pouch is easier to put on.

((You still didn't indulge us on the insight check thing))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl notices that Alexander seems both relieved and afraid after his statement. It's almost like the fortress and the necromancer are influencing something to him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:06:31 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl summons forth the black mastiff. "I was always fond of our hunting dogs back home. I think you and I will do well together. Stay close, and guard my back." he says, letting the magical dog sniff his hands and scratching behind its ears.

((I'm taking he disappears for an extended rest and then can be resummoned at the end of one.))

Karl glances at Alexander curiously, wondering at the source of the man's worries.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Didnt get to read that, but needless to say Nadarr searches everything along the way, if that's okay?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 344