Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341251 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Eh, wasn't the corpse kinda prone twice? The first time from something and the second time when it fell in flames? You'd think you could go over a prone dwarf's corpse.))
((They get right back up after they're revived so they aren't standing. And no, you still can't because prone doesn't mean they're still not in the way))

Acid Orb on N1!
A greenish orb flies out of your hands! (17+6) You hit, dealing (3+7) damage! ((Because of apiks pointing it out)) Necromancer3 is no longer bloodied but Necromancer1 is!

Symon begins his turn!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Move Action: Shift south-east.
Major Action: Avenging Echo on Necromancer 1.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I thought you only took an attack of opportunity when you leave someone's zone of control, not if you moved within it?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I thought you only took an attack of opportunity when you leave someone's zone of control, not if you moved within it?))

((I don't know to be fair, but to me it makes sense if you accrue an OA if you move whilst in their zone of influence. That is, without shifting. For me, the moment you enter is when you start taking OAs for movement. Only a single one though, not more. Besides, if you're in front of somebody, you can't get behind them with a shift. You'd need a move. However, I acknowledge that I am most probably wrong on this note.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((My impression is that any movement within a threat zone that isn't either a shift or when you first move next to them triggers an OA.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((My impression is that any movement within a threat zone that isn't either a shift or when you first move next to them triggers an OA.))
((What I got was the following:

Karl wants to get over past the corpse. The corpse is prone, but alive and hostile.

Karl is on the left, the corpse blocking his path in front of him.

What I got from apiks: Run overtop of the corpse, having your legs grabbed and probably scratched.

What I got from Hanzoku: You can dance around the corpse but you can't step away from it

What I got from Sirus: You can't move without a shift without getting slapped by the corpse except when you first get close to it.

What I stole from the Compendium (praise be wizards and their freedom of taking knowledge!):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So Sirus is right on this, Hanzoku is half right, and apiks cannot do what he wants))

Move Action: Shift south-east.
Major Action: Avenging Echo on Necromancer 1.

You shift and swing your flail! (19+10) You strike the Necromancer square in the chest, dealing (1 3+4+6+2+2+2) damage! All enemies that ends their turn next to you or attacks you takes (5+2) damage! The necromancer drops dead! Corpse2 and Corpse4 feel a backlash in magic and are stunned!

Necromancer2 gestures and Corpse3 rises again! He swings at Weston and misses as his claws fall short! The Necromancer casts a darkened magic missile at Symon! He hits, dealing (8) damage! Symon is now bloodied!

Nadarr begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Call me blind but I don't see where it mentions that you DON'T get an OA when you first move up to a unit. To get to your desired place, you might need to go through 2 of their zone fields. I'm just saying that that should incur an OA.

Edit: On my 6th reading, it does say "A creature can rarely move heedlessly past its foes...". Which only strengthens what I'm saying.))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:14:37 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Call me blind but I don't see where it mentions that you DON'T get an OA when you first move up to a unit. To get to your desired place, you might need to go through 2 of their zone fields. I'm just saying that that should incur an OA.

Edit: On my 6th reading, it does say "A creature can rarely move heedlessly past its foes...". Which only strengthens what I'm saying.))
((That ocmpletely contradicts what I got out of what you were saying. From what I got, it sounded like you said you ignore oportunity attacks from creautres when you're trying to go past them. There is no problem walking up to a unit just getting away or going THROUGH IT causes that))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That ocmpletely contradicts what I got out of what you were saying. From what I got, it sounded like you said you ignore oportunity attacks from creautres when you're trying to go past them. There is no problem walking up to a unit just getting away or going THROUGH IT causes that))

((The very first thing I said was about going over the corpse's body. We already covered that and I acknowledged your answer. What I'm saying looks like this:

xxx
xEx
xxx
xxA

x = empty space
E = enemy
A = ally

I'm saying that you CAN'T do the following from the one I showed:

xxA
xEx
xxx

If we consider the ally is going in a straight line. In actuality, he'd be forced to stop at the first square that's in the area of influence of the enemy.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((no, he can keep walking but he would take an attack.

Also, I think what was stated means every time an ally or you move past an enemy, depending on the turn, they can get a free attack every time... If that's the case, my DM has once again been doing things wrong))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I think what was stated means every time an ally or you move past an enemy, depending on the turn, they can get a free attack every time... If that's the case, my DM has once again been doing things wrong))

((Exactly. This is why I thought that even if Karl could move 2 squares SE as he wanted, he'd take an OA if he did.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Exactly. This is why I thought that even if Karl could move 2 squares SE as he wanted, he'd take an OA if he did.))
((But he can't because his path is blocked by the enemy...Karl cannot get into the room unless he kills the guy and walks in.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((But he can't because his path is blocked by the enemy...Karl cannot get into the room unless he kills the guy and walks in.))

((On which point I conceded due to gameplay balancing elements. I was talking if he COULD or if the door was a double door.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You lost me...))

((On which point I conceded due to gameplay balancing elements. I was talking if he COULD or if the door was a double door.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((In case it got buried in the rule discussion (sorry for that), it's Nadarr's turn))
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 344