Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341267 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I did think about staying for a week to study dwarven, but Olon gave us a full month to get his ring. ATLEAST half of it has passed since now if I recall correctly. We don't have time to waste, really. I would've copied it on paper but we don't have sufficient amounts of ink or paper to do that. The other dwarves won't be coming back anytime soon either so we can't make them do it too. There's 2 other possibilities though. Finding a book in this fortress that Thoradin gives us after it's cleared or being given a book when we return to that dwarven settlement we passed to tell them the good news.

Now this is a battle thought - why do we even have to charge? Can't we line up against the entrance in the hallway and wait for them to come to us? They don't have line of sight so they can't hit us, nor use magic. Nothing is stopping us from making THEM group up at the entrance instead of how we are at the moment. Would that not be the superior move in this case then? For that to happen, everybody behind Alexander has to move up.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((I did think about staying for a week to study dwarven, but Olon gave us a full month to get his ring. ATLEAST half of it has passed since now if I recall correctly. We don't have time to waste, really. I would've copied it on paper but we don't have sufficient amounts of ink or paper to do that. The other dwarves won't be coming back anytime soon either so we can't make them do it too. There's 2 other possibilities though. Finding a book in this fortress that Thoradin gives us after it's cleared or being given a book when we return to that dwarven settlement we passed to tell them the good news.

Now this is a battle thought - why do we even have to charge? Can't we line up against the entrance in the hallway and wait for them to come to us? They don't have line of sight so they can't hit us, nor use magic. Nothing is stopping us from making THEM group up at the entrance instead of how we are at the moment. Would that not be the superior move in this case then? For that to happen, everybody behind Alexander has to move up.))

((You think Alexander can take hits like Karl if I'm reading this right. And he won't be able to. Plus the fact you have a -4 to everything doesn't help you either. Plus, if I'm reading this right, you assume NPCs are stupid enough to funnel. The corpses might be, but they're under control of a necromancer, so that may change things))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I was about to write a reply when I remembered the about four hundred corpses behind us, yeah, let's not get the necromancers into the hallway. Charge it is I guess.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I was about to write a reply when I remembered the about four hundred corpses behind us, yeah, let's not get the necromancers into the hallway. Charge it is I guess.))
((You have a good distance, but remember that there may also be other places where there are corpses. And don't forget, they may even be able to open the gate))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, that would be a bad thing. (TM) ))

Karl hefts his sword and with a heave sends it whirling past Alexander at the nearest enemy he can see.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl hefts his sword and with a heave sends it whirling past Alexander at the nearest enemy he can see.
((Me being an idiot, I forgot your PM... Whoops))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Eh, it actually turns out OK. I have wifi and free time, so I should be able to post on a fairly consistent basis. Hell, I'm even in the same time zone as the rest of you for now!))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Eh, it actually turns out OK. I have wifi and free time, so I should be able to post on a fairly consistent basis. Hell, I'm even in the same time zone as the rest of you for now!))
((I still differ from most of the people on except Mastahcheese, who I think is a couple hours off of me. Will post when I get home))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You see the corpse blocking the doorway. (19+2) You hit, dealing (5+1) damage! The corpse collapses!

Thoradin begins his turn! He moves past Alexander and charges Corpse1! He misses!

Corpse1 tries to grab Thoradin! He does so!

((Is Weston going to take his turn or is he going to twiddle his thumbs and wait for a more opportune time? If you're not, its Symon's turn))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:56:13 pm by highmax28 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Are the long green rectangles (tables I assume) cover? Or are they maybe to low to count?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Are the long green rectangles (tables I assume) cover? Or are they maybe to low to count?))
The tables are at waist high, a little lower for you since you're much taller then a dwarf. The tables, though stone and long, could be used for cover if you flipped one , but it would require a strength check. They are low enough that if you were prone behind one, you will have cover

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Move: Move to the square just to the right of Alexander.
Standard: Ice Dragon's Teeth to the square immediately to the left of N3. It should hit C1, N1, and N3.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move: Move to the square just to the right of Alexander.
Standard: Ice Dragon's Teeth to the square immediately to the left of N3. It should hit C1, N1, and N3.

You move into the room and gesture as a ball of ice explodes towards the corpse and necomanders! (18+6) (3+6) (19+6) You miss Necromancer1 as he uses his cloak to block the ice shards and hit the other two as ice pierces into their flesh and the cold winds from the burst freeze them! You deal (8+5+7) damage! Corpse1 collapses!

Symon begins his turn!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Necromancer 1.
Move Action: Move to the square west of Thoradin.
Major Action: Remember that you have no ranged attacks, and charge Necromancer 1 instead! Move to the square directly north of Necromancer 1 and avoid making checks on the table.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Necromancer 1.
Move Action: Move to the square west of Thoradin.
Major Action: Remember that you have no ranged attacks, and charge Necromancer 1 instead! Move to the square directly north of Necromancer 1 and avoid making checks on the table.

((You can only cut the corner of the table which doesn't cause penalties))
You move and then charge the necromancer after you declare your oath on him! (10+5) You miss!

Necromancer2 gestures with his hands and the slain corpses get back up! Sirus is pushed back as the corpse he's standing on gets back up! Corpse3 attacks Weston! Its claws scratch your skin as it deals (6) damage! Corpse1 attacks Symon! It also scratches you, dealing (6) damage! He then casts a darkened magic missile at Symon! He hits, dealing (7) damage!

Nadarr begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 344