Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341277 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Trollhead of Uristash
« Reply #4035 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:22 am »

((*Shudders at mental image*

Besides, Nadarr is still stronger than most humans, given he's a Dragonborn. Or at least, so I thought.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:11 am »

((*Shudders at mental image*

Besides, Nadarr is still stronger than most humans, given he's a Dragonborn. Or at least, so I thought.))
((As Olon pointed out, you're frail and weak for one with 11 strength and 13 con. You would need a strength of 23 I think to lift Karl naked though. The guy is a giant))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: July 07, 2014, 04:42:51 pm »

((Karl weighs in at 210 lbs before armor. You would need a strength of 21 to be able to carry him around like it was nothing. (normal load, strength x 10), and probably 22-23 to account for what you're wearing in the way of gear. Nadarr could actually pick him up off the ground with a strength of 11, but he'd be slowed because Karl is a heavy load (strength x 20). As an aside, Nadarr can drag 550 lbs of something as his maximum drag load (strength x 50).

And yeah, he weighs a lot, but he's also built like a linebacker (and still weighs 30 lbs less then the average linebacker.)

Back to the room, it sounds like we don't even need to cross the pit, since Nadarr knocked a hole in the wall, so we can all cross into the hidden room with dry feet.))

Assuming the above is correct, Karl walks into the hidden room and looks around for anything hidden, whether doors or treasure.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: July 07, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

If correct, goes into the hidden room and does a perception check.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: July 07, 2014, 08:02:57 pm »

((Karl weighs in at 210 lbs before armor. You would need a strength of 21 to be able to carry him around like it was nothing. (normal load, strength x 10), and probably 22-23 to account for what you're wearing in the way of gear. Nadarr could actually pick him up off the ground with a strength of 11, but he'd be slowed because Karl is a heavy load (strength x 20). As an aside, Nadarr can drag 550 lbs of something as his maximum drag load (strength x 50).

And yeah, he weighs a lot, but he's also built like a linebacker (and still weighs 30 lbs less then the average linebacker.)

Back to the room, it sounds like we don't even need to cross the pit, since Nadarr knocked a hole in the wall, so we can all cross into the hidden room with dry feet.))

Assuming the above is correct, Karl walks into the hidden room and looks around for anything hidden, whether doors or treasure.
((The hidden room is a shortvut to the pit, but I'll take another perception check))
(CRIT) You search the area thuroughly, but you don't find anything except random bits in the pit. You think you spot some shining objects in there. There are no hidden doors, but you do notice that the dust turned to dirt and other gunk on the walls. After a quick brush with your hands, you see engravings of pictures and writing in dwarven. Another glance as you follow it reveals that there it in fact, some small semi-precious stones in the wall amongst the engravings. If you took a dagger or another bladed object, you could get some raw gems

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: July 07, 2014, 08:04:05 pm »

((Em. Does Nadarr know? :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: July 07, 2014, 08:14:55 pm »

((Em. Does Nadarr know? :P))
((Nope

Expect lack of updates; new DF is out!))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:13 pm »

((Excuse me while I freak out.

,ksrbhfksdjfhlksjadnvjfhbdesdbhrfvjdfrbvgjkdshbvsdfrvnj,srdfv

Ahem.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: July 08, 2014, 01:05:18 am »

Karl glances back and make sure that Thoradin and Nadarr aren't looking, draws his vanguard's shortsword +1 and carefully uses the point to pop the gems out of the wall into his hand, and from there to his pouch. Sheathing his shortsword, he returns to the group.

"Shall we continue deeper through the workshop area then?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:26 am »

"I guess that pit stopped any further progress towards that area. Let's see what else is in this place. I bet it's like a walk through time for you, Thoradin."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: July 08, 2014, 06:32:50 pm »

Karl glances back and make sure that Thoradin and Nadarr aren't looking, draws his vanguard's shortsword +1 and carefully uses the point to pop the gems out of the wall into his hand, and from there to his pouch. Sheathing his shortsword, he returns to the group.

"Shall we continue deeper through the workshop area then?"

You deface the engraving with your shortsword. (16+1) You succeed in getting the gems out. Unfortunatley, a couple of them have a really mediocre looking engraving plastered onto them of a group of dwarves praising a dwarf that strongly resembles the skeleton that was in the pit if you gave him flesh. You cut out 4 small rough bloodstones and 2 small rough Citrines. You leave the engravings and head back out.

"I guess that pit stopped any further progress towards that area. Let's see what else is in this place. I bet it's like a walk through time for you, Thoradin."
Thoradin nods.

"Aye lad. I remember down these halls I always came to work... I worked in the kennels before they drafted me into the army. They got rid of the kennels after awhile; they didn't think it was necessary since we could train the animals anywhere."

((Because I know most of you don't give me confirmation that you agree or not, I'm rolling with Karl's decision))

You head down the corridor. You pass by a farm on the left, the mason's workshop, the carpenter's workshop, a mechanic's workbench, a crafting room and a jewler's room on the right. As you go deeper into the halls, you see piles upon piles of bones, followed by rows upon rows of discarded coffins. Some coffins are made of stone, some wood and some made out of solid gold. Some are pried open, but many are closed or sealed up. Some even have corpses in them still. After you hit the end of the hall, theres a door a little bit back and to the left of the end. Inside, as there are no doors seen in these rooms, you see a massive stockpile of skeletons, bones and corpses that appear to be devoid of flesh. Another opening at the opposite end of this room. Thoradin quickly explains that in the last years, death tolls rose as some grotesque monsters and other horrors appeared from the depths of the fortress. He says well over four hundred corpses should be accounted for in that room. He also says the coffins were likely abandoned when the final siege took place, some still holding commoners and nobles.

(?) You spot one odd looking coffin that's solid iron, which stands out. Thoradin reads the inscription on the coffin and says this was for the ruler of the fortress at the time, who was considered a Baron. He pries open the coffin and sees the body. He promptly takes the skull and boots it down the hallway.

"THAT ONE IS FOR YER DAMNED MANDATES!" He shouts.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »

"I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but should we really be in a room that houses four hundred corpses with a necromancer nearby? Just a thought though, don't pay me any mind."

Perception Check

((Just a heads up, Highmax. I believe the reason nobody is saying anything is because we're confused as to what to do."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: July 08, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »

"I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but should we really be in a room that houses four hundred corpses with a necromancer nearby? Just a thought though, don't pay me any mind."

Perception Check

((Just a heads up, Highmax. I believe the reason nobody is saying anything is because we're confused as to what to do."
(14+9) You can see some odds and ends amongst the corpses. With how hastily they were put in, you can see that some still have coin purses, backpacks and some even have small weapons attached to them. There are, however, a LOT of coffins and full corpses. You think the over 400 corpses was a little underestimated. The old ruler, despite missing his skull, seems to be littered with some odds and ends, like a ring, a braclet and other things. Thoradin didn't seem to notice it, but the ring and bracelet are marked with heavily with dwarven runes. (8+2) You THINK it might be of some importance, but you don't think so if Thoradin didn't grab it right away.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:48:03 pm by highmax28 »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Who wants to bet Nadarr disappears into the Jeweler's and tears the place apart?))

Karl keeps his longsword and shield ready, calmly scanning the rows of coffins and piles of bones. "I think we should leave these bodies alone. I agree with Alexander, this number of dead, any necromancer would have been through here, desecrating to his heart's content."

If we can continue by the rooms full of the dead, Karl would prefer to do that. If that's possible, he suggests using the heaviest coffins to form a barricade across the door. It won't stop the dead, it can slow them down and hopefully the noise of them pushing through it will give us warning.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Who wants to bet Nadarr disappears into the Jeweler's and tears the place apart?))

Karl keeps his longsword and shield ready, calmly scanning the rows of coffins and piles of bones. "I think we should leave these bodies alone. I agree with Alexander, this number of dead, any necromancer would have been through here, desecrating to his heart's content."

If we can continue by the rooms full of the dead, Karl would prefer to do that. If that's possible, he suggests using the heaviest coffins to form a barricade across the door. It won't stop the dead, it can slow them down and hopefully the noise of them pushing through it will give us warning.

The hallway ends here. And no other passageways are found by Alexander in the corpse stockpile/end of the the hallway. Thoradin helps you out but says the stone and iron coffins would be best to use. You put two coffins upright and block the opening and then use the iron one to hold them in place. The process takes ~8 minutes with you and Thoradin working together with Alexander (since no one else in the group has a high strength but you three). You hear no movement or shifting in the bone piles, but it does make you feel really uneasy about that many corpses being there... And being so close to where you slept at previously

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 344