Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341390 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Fortress Madmen
« Reply #3945 on: July 03, 2014, 11:23:55 pm »

You can tell its magical by that and the fact the runes are glowing. (?) As you check it though, the magic seems to go away, and the ring remains dull and useless despite any efforts whatsoever

((I completely misread this...I guess I was also thinking of the One Ring, too. Well, Nadarr told a fib despite me not knowing he was. My apologies. :/))
((Originally it was a poke at the one ring. Now it is it's own entity. I'll take back the bluff check because you didn't know, but you'll have to change your words accordingly

Also, the glowing faded, not the runes))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: July 03, 2014, 11:32:35 pm »

((Edited my action))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: July 04, 2014, 12:51:59 am »

"I can keep a secret fairly well," Weston said dryly.

After wrapping hands in cloth (hem of his armor, maybe), examine the ring, read the runes, attempt to determine what if any properties it has.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: July 04, 2014, 01:21:03 am »

((Eh, Karl is starting to try to convince Nadarr to play nice and shove unused magical items into the general pool. He might bite when we next find a merchant, as Karl is going to cut Nadarr out of the loop when selling the magical gear. Karl might make a point of counting and polishing his gold in Nadarr's line of sight.

The thing is, I think outside Nadarr, most of the group is in the good/neutral group, so we're not too squabbling with him too possessively. Heck, money-wise highmax can even plan out rewards around the gems so we're 'on target' for our wealth to level... I don't think Nadarr is going to go on a gem-selling binge any time soon.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: July 04, 2014, 03:31:22 am »

((The issue with getting loot is that it depends on who posts first. As you might imagine, that is not a very efficient system. I was under the impression that everybody would be taking their action simultaneously, not waiting like training targets for somebody to find the loot first. I guess an initiative order would help in this, but it'd also cause the problem of the game going even slower outside battle. But I do think that we can have a "loot order" for after battle and afterwards continue the normal way. I can hardly believe that Alexander & Symon who have the highest perception are constantly being beaten to the punch when all that's stopping them from looting is the fact that they are, in all effect, under their bed sheets.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: July 04, 2014, 05:31:52 am »

((The issue with getting loot is that it depends on who posts first. As you might imagine, that is not a very efficient system. I was under the impression that everybody would be taking their action simultaneously, not waiting like training targets for somebody to find the loot first. I guess an initiative order would help in this, but it'd also cause the problem of the game going even slower outside battle. But I do think that we can have a "loot order" for after battle and afterwards continue the normal way. I can hardly believe that Alexander & Symon who have the highest perception are constantly being beaten to the punch when all that's stopping them from looting is the fact that they are, in all effect, under their bed sheets.))
((Loot order is technically order of initiative still , but this works similarly to a normal D&D game with the evil or theif characters grabbing what they can first and hiding what they find

Beleive me, I almost shot someone when I watched them try and smuggle out +3 items under our noses))

EDIT:

((That character of mine later became a "minor" villain who killed more characters then any "major" villain. And being +3 gear for 8th level characters, it's kind of necessary to share. I still haven't killed him yet.

Also, I'm getting a precon campaign to try and brush up on my DMing because obviously I'm an inadequate DM, so I should probably practice more))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:57:45 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: July 04, 2014, 07:19:29 am »

((Eh? 264 pages says that you're doing fine. A lot of the issues generally stem from the fact that we're not gathered around a table at the same time, but spread out across the world with a lot more lag involved. Around a table, it should go a lot more smoothly.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: July 04, 2014, 10:08:32 am »

((I can hardly believe that Alexander & Symon who have the highest perception are constantly being beaten to the punch when all that's stopping them from looting is the fact that they are, in all effect, under their bed sheets.))

((Eh, if you haven't noticed Symon isn't the kind of person to be looting places. I'm pretty sure all of his magical equipment was handed to him by someone else.

Also, sorry for not posting more, I know I should but I don't want to force myself. At least Symon is a quiet character so... eh.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: July 04, 2014, 10:15:34 am »

((And since I control Cromwell, this doesn't help with looting on his end.))

"I can keep a secret fairly well," Weston said dryly.

After wrapping hands in cloth (hem of his armor, maybe), examine the ring, read the runes, attempt to determine what if any properties it has.
You take a look at the ring, but to your surprise, the runes on the wring are in a language that you would think is elvish but actually looks more primordial. You cannot read them. (?) you detect magic on the ring, but you cannot seem to figure out what it is. You're certain it has some sort on enchantment to hide it's properties

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: July 04, 2014, 10:21:57 am »

"Well...damn. This might be an ancient version of elven, or something else entirely. I can't read it either."

Weston returns the ring to Nadarr, then waits. After Nadarr leaves, Weston takes another look around.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: July 04, 2014, 10:28:05 am »

"Well...damn. This might be an ancient version of elven, or something else entirely. I can't read it either."

Weston returns the ring to Nadarr, then waits. After Nadarr leaves, Weston takes another look around.
((About frigging time!))

(?) you notice in the desk room, there is a hidden drawer in the upper parts of the room that is hard to see without Nimue's help. Nimue flies up and spots a key made of bone. She gives it to you

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: July 04, 2014, 10:28:54 am »

((Took ya long enough :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: July 04, 2014, 10:31:34 am »

((I was roleplaying it. Can't just go "OH DM GAVE A HINT DO IT NAO WITH NO LOGICAL REASON" :P ))

Weston uses the key on the strange box from before.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: July 04, 2014, 10:35:54 am »

((I was roleplaying it. Can't just go "OH DM GAVE A HINT DO IT NAO WITH NO LOGICAL REASON" :P ))

Weston uses the key on the strange box from before.
((Not attempting to look also makes it hard on me))

You open the box. What's inside baffles your mind. Inside the box is a shrunken head some people use for old rituals and for good luck. What's off about this head is you can tell it was the head of a troll, and it's face is twisted to what seems like a strange grin. It radiates with magic, but one that is neither necromancy or divine

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: July 04, 2014, 10:45:34 am »

((Trollface? Really? ಠ_ಠ ))

Weston had no idea what to do with the shrunken head, but he would deal with that some other time. He closed the lid and rejoined his companions.

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 344