Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341428 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Fortress Madmen
« Reply #3915 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:06 pm »

Symon, just sorta awkwardly standing around as he has no idea what to do right now, perks up a bit and mumbles to Thoradin, "Sure."

Symon searches the indicated room for wolfsbane. And anything else too, while he's at it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:30 pm »

Symon, just sorta awkwardly standing around as he has no idea what to do right now, perks up a bit and mumbles to Thoradin, "Sure."

Symon searches the indicated room for wolfsbane. And anything else too, while he's at it.
You search the room. (10+11) You find the wolfsbane, a six sided die that has two fists, a die, a mug, a chair and a storm cloud, and a strange locked box. You shake it up and hear what sounds like something something flesh bouncing inside and you stop immediately in case its something still living but you doubt it. The lock appears to be magical as well as the box.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: July 03, 2014, 03:07:52 am »

((I think it got lost in the shuffle, but Karl searched the blood-spattered room and checked the sword stuck in the thief in case it had survived whatever happened due to being magical.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: July 03, 2014, 03:50:53 am »

Distribute the gold evenly between party members and give the golden chalice embedded with gems to the dragonborn.

"You seem to be fond of gems, dragonborn. Here you go."

Go inside the room with the wolfsbane and put the wolfsbane inside my bag of holding along with the other one inside. After noticing the rattling of flesh inside the box after Symon plays with it, he calls out.

"Weston, could you come over here for a bit? There's something weird here and I think only you will be able to explain it. Elven stuff is always strange."

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: July 03, 2014, 05:25:13 am »

Distribute the gold evenly between party members and give the golden chalice embedded with gems to the dragonborn.

Go inside the room with the wolfsbane and put the wolfsbane inside my bag of holding along with the other one inside. After noticing the rattling of flesh inside the box after Symon plays with it, he calls out.

"Weston, could you come over here for a bit? There's something weird here and I think only you will be able to explain it. Elven stuff is always strange."
((How do you divide something amongst the party of something you have no knowledge of? Not to mention you're not the one who found it.

I'll get to Karl's search after work))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:27:06 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: July 03, 2014, 05:37:34 am »

((How do you divide something amongst the party of something you have no knowledge of? Not to mention you're not the one who found it.

I'll get to Karl's search after work))

((Eh, add a "Search along with the party" to the post then. I have a high enough perception to be confident I'd find atleast half the things without even trying.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: July 03, 2014, 09:59:45 am »

"Sorry, I'm only half-strange," Weston joked. He moved over and examined the box, and the ring with elvish writing on it for good measure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: July 03, 2014, 10:44:17 am »

If anyone is with Nadarr, then he'll spread the gold....if not, he's gonna keep it. ((Sorry.))

He keeps the gold chalice, and tries to determine the type and value of the gems encrusting it, though has less interest in the silver ones and leaves them while he looks at other stuff.

He gathers all the magical items in one pile and arcana checks them individually. He keeps the dice, no matter their power.

He then goes through all items found for anything magical missed in his haste.

He takes the dice from the Wolfsbane room too, and does arcana checks on them as well. This includes the die.

After he does this, Thoradin grabs his shoulder and guides him to the side. Nadarr goes reluctantly, and shrugs the hand off his shoulder at the first opportunity.

Yes?

((Weston does not know of the Elven writing on the ring, I think?))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:54:25 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 03, 2014, 04:09:59 pm »

((I think it got lost in the shuffle, but Karl searched the blood-spattered room and checked the sword stuck in the thief in case it had survived whatever happened due to being magical.))

Karl finds the sword to be magical obviously. (16+4) You find a pair of boots the shadow thief was wearing to have magical properties, but nothing else.

If anyone is with Nadarr, then he'll spread the gold....if not, he's gonna keep it. ((Sorry.))

He keeps the gold chalice, and tries to determine the type and value of the gems encrusting it, though has less interest in the silver ones and leaves them while he looks at other stuff.

He gathers all the magical items in one pile and arcana checks them individually. He keeps the dice, no matter their power.

He then goes through all items found for anything magical missed in his haste.

He takes the dice from the Wolfsbane room too, and does arcana checks on them as well. This includes the die.

After he does this, Thoradin grabs his shoulder and guides him to the side. Nadarr goes reluctantly, and shrugs the hand off his shoulder at the first opportunity.

Yes?

((Weston does not know of the Elven writing on the ring, I think?))

((Because I don't want you running away with all the loot again, as well as I forgot you're highly allergic to silver))

You feel your wolf power suppressed as Thoradin sees you taking the gold and several chalices.... Specifically the silver ones. As long as it is in your hand, you cannot change into wolf form.

You arcana check the items.

Map - (6+9) - You cannot tell what the map does
Set of Dice - (13+9) - Midnight Sixes (You command the dice to turn the side you want. Unlike montebanks deck, it works for everyone)
Bag - (18+9) - Bag of Tricks (grey) (Pull out a tiny minion out of the bag once a day (roll a d8 for the creature). It lasts until dismissed or killed.)
Clothing - (13+9) - Robe of Useful Items (Pull out a mundane item of 10gp or less value. Lasts 1 hour and can be done once per day)
Leather Armor - (9+9) - Skald's Armor (+2 to bluff and diplomacy. As a daily power, change the target of a melee attack directed at you to a different creature next to you)

You check the boots and the sword Karl Found

Sword - (14+9) - It is a thieving shortsword. A quick glance at the ornate work shows it to be of similar fashion as the thieving dagger Aurel carried.
Boots - (12+9) - Boots of stealth (gain a +2 to stealth checks)

Karl holds onto the stuff he found

Symon lets you check out the die. (17+9) It is a Vangabond's Die (Roll a d6 after targeting a creature within 10 as a minor action. Depending on the roll, you get an effect done to that target). Symon holds onto the die (unless he doesn't want it)

"Sorry, I'm only half-strange," Weston joked. He moved over and examined the box, and the ring with elvish writing on it for good measure.
You check out the box. (15+9) Its held in with some really strong magic. You can tell you'll actually need the key in order to open the box.

You didn't get a good look at the runes on the ring

Thoradin is still off to the side with Nadarr speaking to him about something. (11+11) Symon hears something about "pup" and an empjasized "innocent" but nothing more.

EDIT:

Thoradin and Nadarr come back. Thoradin suggests again the party rests here so that wounds can heal, and those with festering wounds (from the gatehouse battle) can patch themselves up. Does the party agree?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:17:43 pm by highmax28 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 03, 2014, 04:20:26 pm »

Nadarr nods, then searches the chest room as he hasn't done so yet. He also pulls an animal out of his bag. If it is a Dragonling, he shall do a jig, laugh, and try to sing.
Edit: He also puts all loot he has into his bag.
((XD))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: July 03, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »

Karl looks around at the others "If we're all agreed, I propose that whatever we don't plan to use personally be kept and sold for an equal share for everyone. Saying that, if anyone can make use of the sword or the boots, feel free."

Karl nods in agreement with Thoradin's proposal. "We need to be at our best before we go after the necromancer. He'll likely be guarded by more powerful creatures then mere zombies and skeletons, and if Aurel should arrive, we'll need everything we have."

Karl will aid whoever has the best heal skill in treating the festering wounds, and set a watch rotation to guard the stairs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

Nadarr looks up as Karl speaks and packs his stuff faster :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »

Karl eyes Nadarr back. "Of course, if there are those who'd prefer a more 'catch as catch can' system, I'll assume you've more then made your own share when it comes time to split the resulting gold among us, and we'll simply delight in our larger shares." he says, emphasizing the word gold slightly and watching the dragonborn's reaction.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: July 03, 2014, 05:06:04 pm »

Nadarr glares back at Karl.

The gold's being shared. No problem, is there?

Everyone else is allowed to keep what items they find, Nadarr grouches.

Nadarr then avoids Karl's stare and pretends to be busy by checking the map again. ((He still has to go in the chest room to search it after this))

((Your post made me laugh, Hanzoku XD))

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: July 03, 2014, 05:17:25 pm »

Nadarr nods, then searches the chest room as he hasn't done so yet. He also pulls an animal out of his bag. If it is a Dragonling, he shall do a jig, laugh, and try to sing.
Edit: He also puts all loot he has into his bag.
((XD))

(7) You pull out a spider! It has a climb speed of 6 and is tiny (~6"-1' tall, no more)

Nadarr looks up as Karl speaks and packs his stuff faster :P

Unfortunatley, everyone but Thoradin (who refuses his share) gets 159 gold and 16 copper (with change thrown in).

Karl looks around at the others "If we're all agreed, I propose that whatever we don't plan to use personally be kept and sold for an equal share for everyone. Saying that, if anyone can make use of the sword or the boots, feel free."

Karl nods in agreement with Thoradin's proposal. "We need to be at our best before we go after the necromancer. He'll likely be guarded by more powerful creatures then mere zombies and skeletons, and if Aurel should arrive, we'll need everything we have."

Karl will aid whoever has the best heal skill in treating the festering wounds, and set a watch rotation to guard the stairs.
The boots and shortsword will be carried by you until someone claims it.

The party sets up a fourth bed in one of the rooms (so the bloody one is unused). Symon has the highest heal stat, but everyone gets an endurance check AND a heal check.

Alexander is the first to step up to be checked on. (2+11) (3+2) Alexander fails to get better and gets WORSE. Alexander now takes a -4 to all attack rolls and skill checks

Symon is cheked by Alexander next. (8+9) Symon feels better

Karl is checked last (4+11) (18+4) You feel better as well

Nadarr and Thoradin take first watch. (?) Thoradin and Nadarr see nothing on their watch. Weston and Cromwell take second watch. They don't see anytihng either. The last watch is taken by Karl and Alexander. They hear shuffling and moaning down the stairs (?) but it thankfully passes them by.

Everyone awakes again. What does the party do now? The ring is in your possession and there are several directions to go

Nadarr glares back at Karl.

The gold's being shared. No problem, is there?

Everyone else is allowed to keep what items they find, Nadarr grouches.

Nadarr then avoids Karl's stare and pretends to be busy by checking the map again. ((He still has to go in the chest room to search it after this))

((Your post made me laugh, Hanzoku XD))

((Chest room? It was a chest full of bolts))

(10+9) you still fail to find out what the map does

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 344