Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341456 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3840 on: June 18, 2014, 04:36:43 pm »

If they strike at anything...I could try something. It may or may not work, but is worth a shot. I can create a Light which screams like an animal. Whether they would shoot or not...well, it depends on them.
((As I said, they may shoot at that.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Fortress Madmen
« Reply #3841 on: June 18, 2014, 10:50:47 pm »

((Karl was taking Thoradin to his word that they're nuts and just wants to figure out a way to get them to fire their crossbow machine at empty air instead of at him.))

"They are too paranoid to ambush, so let me see if I can talk them out of what we need." Karl says quietly to the group.

Karl walks to the base of the stairs and carefully keeps out of sight in case they were ready with crossbows at the top. "We know that there is a Shadow Thief among you. He has stolen a ring of importance from a wizard far to the north who has tasked us to retrieve it. We wish you no particular harm - roll the ring down the stairs and we will leave you in peace. If you want, we could even fortify the base of the stairs with a wall to help keep the undead away."

((Diplomacy check. If someone else wants to keep it going, feel free, or if highmax wants to puppet Karl's voice. The goal is to try to talk them into giving up the ring and letting us wall them in with blocks from the mason's workshop. I doubt we'll get that lucky, but we can always try, right?))

You hear someone shaking as they speak back at you.

"We know you're lying! That damned artificer from Amn sent you! I stole the ring from him but I had no idea that it was so important to him... You can come grab it, we'll let you upstairs. Just take it and leave this place, and everything will be as if we never met. You don't even have to fortify for us. We got enough food here to last us a few months, maybe more! And if we ever get hungry, we'll just come down and grab more from that dining hall! "

(?) (18+4) You can tell right away that the whole thing is a bold faced lie. Thoradin shakes his head, grabs his axe and speaks.

"If ye lads just come out of there, we can deal with this like dwarves. Or men in yer case. Holding yerself up there won't stop the undead, no matter HOW many of those damned crossbow things ye got! So do yerselves a favor and come down! No funny business!"

The man shouts in dwarven words that obviously make Thoradin angry. He then tells you theres some half-made tables in the carpenters workshop just after the mason's workshop. Perhaps it can be used to block off some of the crossbow launchers.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: June 19, 2014, 01:26:01 am »

"Go grab the sturdiest table, then. We can push our way up the stairs using it to take the first shots." Karl whispers quietly before turning back to shout up the stairs.

"If we have to come up those stairs to collect what we came for, I'll make personally sure each and every one of you dies as painfully as possible. This is my last offer: roll the ring down the stairs, and we'll let you huddle up there pissing yourselves in fear of the undead."

((Intimidate!))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:16 am »

"Let's just get this over with. This place is giving me the creeps, no offense, dwarf."

Shouts after Karl

"Ya know, we just fought off almost a legion of the undead by ourselves. Do you honestly think you can halt us if tried to force out way?"

((Help Karl with the Intimidate!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: June 19, 2014, 09:17:54 am »

Nadarr waits until the table is ready, then casts Light to blind the enemy. At the same time he casts Predestigation on the area directly beside and at the same height as the light, and has it howl like a deranged wolf or animal. He hopes they'll shoot at it, and then shouts up:

Surrender or I shall release this beast upon you!

((Little would they know, werewolf Nadarr actually could, so it's not even a lie :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: June 19, 2014, 09:21:49 am »

Nadarr waits until the table is ready, then casts Light to blind the enemy. At the same time he casts Predestigation on the area directly beside and at the same height as the light, and has it howl like a deranged wolf or animal. He hopes they'll shoot at it, and then shouts up:

((Little would they know, werewolf Nadarr actually could, so it's not even a lie :P))
((Just so you know, Thoradin is a better werewolf because of his berserker rage. Add an extra 1d8 to that werewolf power

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: June 19, 2014, 09:26:23 am »

((Just so you know, Thoradin is a better werewolf because of his berserker rage. Add an extra 1d8 to that werewolf power

((*Gulps*
Nice doggy! Niiiiice doggy!))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: June 19, 2014, 01:54:41 pm »

"Go grab the sturdiest table, then. We can push our way up the stairs using it to take the first shots." Karl whispers quietly before turning back to shout up the stairs.

"If we have to come up those stairs to collect what we came for, I'll make personally sure each and every one of you dies as painfully as possible. This is my last offer: roll the ring down the stairs, and we'll let you huddle up there pissing yourselves in fear of the undead."

((Intimidate!))

"Let's just get this over with. This place is giving me the creeps, no offense, dwarf."

Shouts after Karl

"Ya know, we just fought off almost a legion of the undead by ourselves. Do you honestly think you can halt us if tried to force out way?"

((Help Karl with the Intimidate!))

(11+9) (failure on assisting)

You the sound of a bunch of crossbows being loaded. Thoradin said there were ten of them, but the amount of crossbows clacking in reload sound like eighty.

"You're down there and we're up here with enough bolts of varying type to handle whatever is out there! Even YOU!"

At the flash of light and the sound of of a wolf, Thoradin puts up the tabletop and sields the top of thestairs as a hundred or so bolts bounce and fly into the table! After they stop pelting the place, Thoradin tosses it off to the side as you hear them reloading the crossbows! Now is the time to strike if you're going to!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: June 19, 2014, 02:04:49 pm »

"I guess this is it."

Marauder's Rush inside to the enemy!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: June 19, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »

"I guess this is it."

Marauder's Rush inside to the enemy!

You run up the stairs and charge their barricade! You get fired at by three crossbows! Two bolts hit you, dealing (5) and (5) damage! (3+9) (CRIT) You land a critical blow to the guard, but you get stuck inside the barricade! You deal (10+8+2) damage! You notice the ones with bulky, makeshift multi-shot crossbows drop them and prepare to fight. They all have halberd except the shadow thief who carries a dagger in his left and a shortsword in his right.

"I knew you would come for me!" The shadow theif says. You notice the solid gold band on his right hand.

Alexander:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The doors are closed, save for the ones that are occupied by some of the Mecenaries carrying multi-shot crossbows in the rooms. The barricade is in between two doors, and is firmly planted, and made of random stuff. Tables, cabinets, random pieces of wood, all of it junk and probably broken apart. You got your foot stuck in the opening of a cabinet as you put a hole in it.

Mercenary7 slams the door shut and you hear the sound of reloading!

Mercenary8 moves up and stabs over Mercenary2's head and tried to stab you with his Halberd! He misses!

The shadow thief runs into the bottom left room! You hear him barricading the door!

"YOU'LL NEVER KILL ME!" He shouts

Weston begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: June 19, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »

((This... Has far more potential to go wrong then I expected. Any chance you can drop Sleep on that nice big cluster, Nadarr?))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »

((Most definitely. I was gonna do it...and then Alexander dashed in. Still, he might have to go for snoozy time if he's not careful.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:59 pm »

((It takes a full turn for a sleep spell to come into effect. If you're gonna do it, do it now. Also, they're fairly harmless as long as dish out enough damage fast enough. I expect M2 to be at 2/3 of his health. ))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:29 am »

((It takes a full turn for a sleep spell to come into effect. If you're gonna do it, do it now. Also, they're fairly harmless as long as dish out enough damage fast enough. I expect M2 to be at 2/3 of his health. ))
((They only thing they have on you is reach. So everyone can hit you with a melee weapon if they got behind you. They got crossbows though for that purpose.

A reminder that you're down 27hp))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: June 20, 2014, 02:24:11 am »

"Perhaps you'd be willing to listen to me next time? Leave the paranoid, frightened, well-prepared defenders alone?"

Weston made no move to go up the stairs yet, merely crossed his arms and glared at the party.

Delay action until after the next PC action.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 344