Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341481 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3825 on: June 17, 2014, 12:26:36 pm »

Let's be off, then. We must purge the halls, and also find what these mad-men are hiding.

He points down the hall.

"I knew you lads were comin' 'ere, so when that clockwork giant took out my eye, butchered the rest of them and Regdar buggered off, I played dead. Luckily for me, I was convincing enough and he left. Moradin curse that damned blackguard though... Threw me right inta 'im in order ta escape. I've been inside here fer about four days, and I've been mostly taking supplies from the trade depot here and scouting the place. There's nowhere near enough undead in here as there are out there, but there are still a lot inside. I went upstairs and some blighters were up there already, scared out of their wits and attacking anything that gets close. They're inside the old bunkhouse I used ta sleep in before the fortress fell. There's about ten of them, one of them seems to come from the shadow theives by the clothing he wears.

Now to the important task at hand. The Necromancer is in the deepest part of the fortress, if I assume right. If we kill him, all those undead outside will be gone. I know its askin' fer much, but I must ask all of ye to help me kill 'im. If he escapes, its all over for us. We may be trapped in 'ere, but as far as I know... He's trapped in 'ere wiv us. It's a long trek to the bottom of the fortress, usually takes a whole day to get there. If ye'll help me, I'll make sure yer're all hailed as heroes of the dwarves and will always be welcome in these halls when my kin return here. Now, I don't quite recall the entire area of this place, but I believe that door by yer ranger friend leads ta the dining hall. Down the hall 'ere is a door that I think goes ta the stockpile and workshops, the stairs going up ta the bunkhouse and the stairs going down into the fortress. I don't think those bastards up in the bunkhouse will join or help us."

You remember he said it was down the hall. Does the party choose to head that way?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 17, 2014, 12:32:15 pm »

Off to the interlopers with me!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:33:54 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:06 pm »

Nadarr shrugs.

We can't have them at our backs.

So saying, he follows Alexander down the hall.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 17, 2014, 04:08:42 pm »

Karl makes sure everyone waits long enough to catch their breath after the fighting outside, and takes the time to pound out the new dent in his armor before strapping it back on.
((Healing surges to full all around, especially given how many people were flirting with death.))

"For myself, I would have preferred to ally with them if at all possible - with all the undead swarming around, we could use every living ally we could find. Unfortunately, Symon, Nadarr and myself have to deal with that Shadow Thief. He has something we need to collect, though whether we return it is a good question.

How is the bunkhouse laid out, Thoradin? Is there any chance we can hit them from two sides in an ambush?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: June 17, 2014, 04:21:14 pm »

Karl makes sure everyone waits long enough to catch their breath after the fighting outside, and takes the time to pound out the new dent in his armor before strapping it back on.
((Healing surges to full all around, especially given how many people were flirting with death.))

"For myself, I would have preferred to ally with them if at all possible - with all the undead swarming around, we could use every living ally we could find. Unfortunately, Symon, Nadarr and myself have to deal with that Shadow Thief. He has something we need to collect, though whether we return it is a good question.

How is the bunkhouse laid out, Thoradin? Is there any chance we can hit them from two sides in an ambush?"

"Only one way up, and its up the stairs. Down as well. If you want to talk to them, you better hide behind that shield of yours; they got enough crossbow bolts to have 8 for every undead out there. They found the weapons stockpile and stole most of the crossbows and bolts. I'm fairly certain they have a crude construct that fires eight crossbows at once. I'm certain that's what pegged me." He rubs his leg and side as he winces.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: June 17, 2014, 04:55:10 pm »

Karl frowns and looks at the others. "I doubt we can just sneak in. Does anyone have any means of safely forcing them to fire their construct early? Either way, I should be first up the stairs. So long as I can charge one of them, the magic of my shield will make me even harder to strike then normal."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: June 17, 2014, 05:09:58 pm »

Karl frowns and looks at the others. "I doubt we can just sneak in. Does anyone have any means of safely forcing them to fire their construct early? Either way, I should be first up the stairs. So long as I can charge one of them, the magic of my shield will make me even harder to strike then normal."

Thoradin can think of no alternative. ((Mostly because I can't make decisions or suggestions for the party as DM))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: June 17, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »

If they strike at anything...I could try something. It may or may not work, but is worth a shot. I can create a Light which screams like an animal. Whether they would shoot or not...well, it depends on them.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:36:32 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: June 18, 2014, 12:27:59 am »

"If they're that prepared for attackers, why bother at all? Let's just let them hide behind their barricades while we deal with the evil at the heart of this place."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: June 18, 2014, 12:46:00 am »

"If they're that prepared for attackers, why bother at all? Let's just let them hide behind their barricades while we deal with the evil at the heart of this place."

"I'm a little indifferent. The half-elf has a point. But I fer one, am not keen on having deranged madmen at our backs. I"ll let ye lads decide."

So far, its 2 vs 1 and one undecided. Karl either ties the votes or decides to end the people upstairs ((unless someone comes off Auto-pilot))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: June 18, 2014, 01:09:05 am »

((Hm? Karl already said that we had to deal with them anyway to get to the shadow thief. That's why he was discussing attack options. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 18, 2014, 01:20:37 am »

((Hm? Karl already said that we had to deal with them anyway to get to the shadow thief. That's why he was discussing attack options. :P))
((In which case, that means it's 3-1 and the party is going to deal with the madmen. Will update int the morning, stayed up too late Nuzlocking))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Fortress Madmen
« Reply #3837 on: June 18, 2014, 11:51:30 am »

Thoradin takes you down the hallway and he opens a door. Inside is another hallway and en opening of to the right and farther down, a door to your left. Directly opposite of the door is a workshop. It seems to hold a lot of old stone blocks, covered in moss. You assume it to be the Mason's Workshop. Farthur down are more staris, but they're flooded for some reason. Thoradin explains there is a heavy source of underground freshwater in between this first floor and the lower levels. The hall extends down farther to what assume to be more workshops on the right and possibly another one on the left. You now stand at the stairs. You definatley hear talk, but it sounds panicked and erratic. You swear you hear someone shouting "EMISSARIES OF THE DARK ONE ARE COMING!" Thoradin says he thinks that they might be talking about undead or necromancers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: June 18, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

((Am I the only one at a loss at what to do? Karl, didn't you want to negotiate or something?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: June 18, 2014, 04:07:18 pm »

((Karl was taking Thoradin to his word that they're nuts and just wants to figure out a way to get them to fire their crossbow machine at empty air instead of at him.))

"They are too paranoid to ambush, so let me see if I can talk them out of what we need." Karl says quietly to the group.

Karl walks to the base of the stairs and carefully keeps out of sight in case they were ready with crossbows at the top. "We know that there is a Shadow Thief among you. He has stolen a ring of importance from a wizard far to the north who has tasked us to retrieve it. We wish you no particular harm - roll the ring down the stairs and we will leave you in peace. If you want, we could even fortify the base of the stairs with a wall to help keep the undead away."

((Diplomacy check. If someone else wants to keep it going, feel free, or if highmax wants to puppet Karl's voice. The goal is to try to talk them into giving up the ring and letting us wall them in with blocks from the mason's workshop. I doubt we'll get that lucky, but we can always try, right?))
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 344