Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341550 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3765 on: June 14, 2014, 11:02:43 pm »

Standard: Second wind (Cloak makes it two)
Action Point: Fire Shroud with Enlarge Spell
Minor: Turn on Light on my Staff! Activate the Staff's Daily!
Move: Shift one South

Nadarr stands with his cloak pulsing with red veins, the eldritch spells woven into the fabric giving the cloth a strange, ruby hue. Renewed, he lifts his arms, and with a roar to strike terror into any foe, he releases the flame of his being before pounding his staff into the ground. Ripples of light travel outwards, knocking against and into enemies, searing their undead flesh. As the Shade is banished, he snarls at the enemy, shouting You took Aurel, you bloody undead bastards! But you will not take Nadarr! So saying, he wraps his cloak around himself and moves away from their snarling, burning features.
((Your magic is arcane, not Eldritch. That's Cromwell and Warlock powers))

You second wind and your cloak activates, regaining half of your hp (15)! You then cast fire shroud as it engulfs most of the battlefield! Once again, your allies feel warmth as the undead feel the scorching wrath of your flames! (19+5) (13+5) (19+5) (8+5) (CRIT) (15+5) (CRIT) (19+5) (12+5) (CRIT) (2+5) (15+5) (9+5) (CRIT) (CRIT) You hit all but Flesh-Crazed Zombie2 and Flesh-Crazed Zombie4 and land a fatal blow against Zombie9, Zombie2, Zombie5, Flesh-Crazed Zombie3 and Flesh-Crazed Zombie4! The ones crit die instantly! The ones hit take (5-2+5) damage! Nothing that was hit excluding crits, dies. You activate your staff of light by casting your cantrip Light on it! The spell burns the enemy zombies! You still can't move because of the grab from Zombie4! You attempt to break free! (13+1) you fail to do so!

Zombie3 attacks Alexander and takes 1 radiant damage from Nadarr's staff! It hits, dealing (9) damage!

Zombie14 attacks Alexander! Its claws bury deep into his flesh, dealing (12) damage! Alexander is on his last legs, standing at 1hp!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie5 charges Karl! His club smashes into the side of Karl's armor. Despite breing thick, it dents it hard, hurting Karl and dealing (13) damage! You forgot how painful and uncomfortable it was to take a bludgeoning hit!

Zombie17 fiddles about as he tries to save from immobilizing. He succeeds

Zombie18 climbs back out of the water!

Weston begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Need another choas bolt bounce-a-thon, with lotsa crits centered around Alexander or else he's done for!))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: June 14, 2014, 11:09:03 pm »

((Does no one have a power that can heal him?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: June 14, 2014, 11:53:38 pm »

((Afraid not. Dammit DwArfY1, I'm a sorcerer not a doctor!))

Weston summons up all his might!
Explosive Pyre centered on Z14!
Action Point! Dragon Frost Teeth (or whatever the hell it's called) centered on the square 1 west of FC1!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: June 15, 2014, 12:12:19 am »

((Not at range I don't, and I have no ability to get over there for a Lay on Hands, either.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: June 15, 2014, 12:27:41 am »

((Not at range I don't, and I have no ability to get over there for a Lay on Hands, either.))

((Cut off your hand and throw it. I'll allow it, but you'll never get that hand back or use it that way again :P

In all seriousness, this party has no healer and one tank that's an off healer. Everyone else is a heavy damage dealer (and why some encounters run so quickly) and fragile. Alexander has the heaviest armor type excluding Karl's plate with hide. No one has scale or chainmail. Its also why I made Grot a Cleric and Thyra a Skald; they healed you. Your next ally won't be a healer, but at least they'll keep the enemies off your backs))

((Afraid not. Dammit DwArfY1, I'm a sorcerer not a doctor!))

Weston summons up all his might!
Explosive Pyre centered on Z14!
Action Point! Dragon Frost Teeth (or whatever the hell it's called) centered on the square 1 west of FC1!

You cast explosive pyre on Zombie14! (19+6) you hit, dealing (2+4+7) damage! It drops dead! You cast Ice Dragon's Teeth centered west of FC1! (14+6) (12+6) (2+6) (18+6) (15+6) You hit all but Flexh-Crazed Zombie1! You deal (5+7+7) damage! Zombie18 drops dead and the rest are bloodied!

Zombie1 shambles out of the water!

Zombie6 attacks Alexander! It JUST misses!

Zombie13 moves up and attack Karl! Despite the new and uncomfortable spot of your armor, the zombie doesn't harm you!

Zombie reinforcements arrive! These ones bear the red eyes of the shadow creatures, are in full combat gear and carrying axes, swords, shields, and some even carry spears. They vary in size, being dwarves, elves, humans and even halflings, but they all share the same deathly skin tone of pale white with green soaking in, and look like poisoned dead rather then butched liek the other undead. They all wear scale mail and bear the same insignia on their chestpice and shields: a skull with a black handprint painted on its forehead. They also don't look mindless. They even look confident, almost as if they had half a brain... And 14 of them arrive on the riverbank, and some, with their weapons sheathed, are carrying dead trees to cross the bridge easier. Obviously these are some sort of half-dead; as if the body died and the mind lived, like a vegetative state, except more of an undead state so to speak. Clearly, these ones are far more dangerous then the others that arrived.

Symon begins his turn!

EDIT:
((Forgot the auto-pilot posession))

Symon puts his hand on Cromwell to try and get his attention, but he receives a jolt as Symon's eyes turn solid blue like Cromwells. His one naive yet brave face is now replaced with an empty, almost solemn face. He declares his oath (now that Z18 is dead) on Z3, shifts next to him and uses Halo of Fire! (Double 19+10) His aim is true as his flail lands and deals (1 3+ 1 3+3+5+6) fire damage! Zombie3 drops dead as it burns!

Zombie10 attacks Alexander again! It (FUMBLES) and lets go of Alexander and falls over entirely!

Husk12 and Husk13 take their turns by moving a freshly chopped dead tree and extending it across the way! They still need time and more effort to get it across!

Zombie7 attacks Karl! It fails to do so!

More cursing is heard behind the walls and then another click! The door starts to unhinge and move a bit, but not fully yet!

Husks 1 and 2 beat their shields as they start to strike fear into your hearts. There is definitely a mind inside each of their believed empty heads (some even showing)

Cromwell does another thievery check (13+9+4) and swings the door open, knocking over Flesh-Crazed Zombie4 as Weston and Karl avoid the door! He then curses FC2 but casts otherwind stride centered on Z6! (3+5) He misses Alexander! (12+5) (15+5) (CRIT) (12+5) He hits everyone of them! Zombie10 drops dead, and the others take (6+4) damage! He teleports next to Alexander and drops an action point to try and heal him! (9+2) Alexander uses his second wind and regains (10)hp!

Zombie8 attacks Alexander! He hits, dealing (6) damage!

Zombie4 attacks Nadarr! It misses!

Husk14 beats his shield!

Zombie11 shambles out of the water!

Husk10 beats his shield!

Husk11 moves up and beats his shield!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie2 attacks Symon! It (FUMBLES) as its club flies out of its hands and smacks Zombie6, dealing (8) damage! Zombie6 drops dead!

Husk3 beats its shield as it grins with the hunger of a wolf. The sound is synchronized like the sound of a war drum!

Zombie12 moves out of the water!

Alexander begins his turn! You know zombie8 and zombie4 have taken the most damage around you. The gate is also open now!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:29:53 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: June 15, 2014, 01:08:16 am »

((We really need the door open, preferably now. The thing is, I don't see how we could have run the battle more effectively. There were just too many zombies and we didn't get a chance to close up our formation before people started getting grappled in place. This leaves me sitting here wondering how to get Alexander clear of where he is.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: June 15, 2014, 01:16:08 am »

((Z6 started and ended it's turn in the Explosive Pyre's area, so it should have taken damage.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: June 15, 2014, 01:31:11 am »

((We really need the door open, preferably now. The thing is, I don't see how we could have run the battle more effectively. There were just too many zombies and we didn't get a chance to close up our formation before people started getting grappled in place. This leaves me sitting here wondering how to get Alexander clear of where he is.))
((Post got edited due to stupidity on my end. Cromwell is trying to help Alexander get out alive, as is Symon. Cromwell can escape in a pinch, and Symon is clsoe enough to book it back out if need be

((Z6 started and ended it's turn in the Explosive Pyre's area, so it should have taken damage.))

Zombie6 is dead anyway))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: June 15, 2014, 03:55:41 am »

Minor: Off-Hand Strike on Z4
Standard: Marauder's Rush on FC4
Move: Invigorating Stride as close to the door as possible & use Second Wind

((I think it's a safe assumption that Alexander is now doing his best to get the hell outta there. The grappler should be dead as far as I know. Nadarr & Cromwell would be wise to do the same.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:21:22 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 15, 2014, 10:18:49 am »

Minor: Off-Hand Strike on Z4
Standard: Marauder's Rush on FC4.

((I think it's a safe assumption that Alexander is now doing his best to get the hell outta there. The grappler should be dead as far as I know. Nadarr & Cromwell would be wise to do the same.))
(16+9) You swing your blade as it cuts into Zombie flesh, dealing (7+4) damage! You're too close to charge FC4! ((Fix that))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: June 15, 2014, 10:20:06 am »

Standard: Marauder's Rush on FC5.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: June 15, 2014, 10:22:46 am »

Standard: Marauder's Rush on FC5.

((You can't land on Karl's square. Try again. Remember you have to beeline it for the enemy. Want out of that horde? Smack Z8 or Z4 again and book it. They took the most damage as far as you know of that group. And they're bloodied unlike the FC north of you))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 15, 2014, 10:27:59 am »

Standard: Twin Strike on Z4
Move: Invigorating Stride on the right of Weston
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 15, 2014, 10:51:53 am »

Standard: Twin Strike on Z4
Move: Invigorating Stride on the right of Weston

You swing your blade down at Zombie4 again! (CRIT) The zombie burns and collapses under your might as you land a critical hit, severing its head and arm as you slash up! Your second attack ((Since its two attacks on one or two creatures)) goes to Zombie8! (14+10) You hit, dealing (9+1) radiant damage! You then stride over to Weston as you regain (10)hp! Nadarr is no longer grabbed!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie4 charges Karl! He hits, dealing (18) damage! Karl is now bloodied!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie5 attacks Karl! He hits, dealing (11) damage! Karl is in critical condition and doesn't feel good either as the zombie bites deep into his flesh!

Karl begins his turn! ((I'm going to do this now since I forgot, FC1 takes (3+3) radiant damage! Its now bloodied! FC3 takes (3+3) radiant as well, dropping dead after it kills Z6.))

((May want to start moving inside))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 15, 2014, 04:34:12 pm »

Minor: Lay on Hands on Karl
Minor: Drink a potion of Cure Light Wounds
Standard: Holy Strike on FC4

"The doors are open! Everyone fall back before those husks begin to cross!"
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 344