Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341539 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The River
« Reply #3750 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:55 pm »

((I can taunt all the zombies close to us for a round, but if you can AoE your way to safety, now's a good time to do so.))

((Eh, Symon's not a tripping hazard. He is, however, overenthusastic, and I doubt he really wants to crowd-surf in this mob of zombies. :P))

Karl grunts as he struggles with the zombie clinging tenaciously to his shield. "Whoever is inside, you have living allies out here! Open the door and let us in!"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: June 13, 2014, 05:21:39 pm »

((I can taunt all the zombies close to us for a round, but if you can AoE your way to safety, now's a good time to do so.))

((Eh, Symon's not a tripping hazard. He is, however, overenthusastic, and I doubt he really wants to crowd-surf in this mob of zombies. :P))

Karl grunts as he struggles with the zombie clinging tenaciously to his shield. "Whoever is inside, you have living allies out here! Open the door and let us in!"
You hear the voice shout something like "I'm trying!" Or "Gods damnit!"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: June 13, 2014, 06:25:02 pm »

((On a scale of 1-10 on how screwed I am? 11))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:01:15 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: June 13, 2014, 07:12:42 pm »

((On a scale of 1-10 on how screwed I am? 11))

"Let's see. Is this how it works? Ahem. IN THE SUN LORD'S NAME, I BANISH YOU FOUL CREATURE. BEGONE!"

Action Point: Sunblade Daily AoE
Standard Action: Marauder's Rush on FC3
Minor Action: Off-Hand Strike on FC3
Move Action: Invigorating Stride to the right of Cromwell and Second Wind

Knocks on the door.

"Hey, got any ale inside?"

((As per usual, my background bonus on Action Points & Heroic Effort if it wasn't used.))

You use your blade's power! You hit all but the Flesh Crazed Zombie. You deal (8) radiant damage! You swing your blade at Flesh Crazed Zombie3! (3+10) You miss! You use ruffling sting! (19+9) You hit, dealing (10+7) damage! You can't move because you're grabbed, so you try and break it! (10+3) You fail to break his grip!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie4 charges Symon! He misses!

Flesh-Crazed Zombie5 charges Cromwell! (CRIT) Cromwell takes (24) damage, is bloodied and now needs to make a theivery check again to open the door!

Karl begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: June 14, 2014, 03:14:39 am »

((Z6 and the row to Alexander's right won't be affected, but the other 9 zombies are all going to have to try to mob Karl or take damage if they go for others. I'm hoping since they're essentially brainless, they'll all try to move to Karl instead of seeing that he's blocked up and try to take swings at people.))

Free: Activate the Battleforged Shield's Daily
Minor: Activate the Talon Amulet's Daily
Standard: Valorous Smite on FC2
Action Point: Righteous Smite on FC2 if it's still alive. If dead, hit Z5 instead.

Karl curses extensively as the situation starts to spiral out of control, Alexander and Nadarr beginning to become cut off in the crowd of zombies, and Cromwell crying out in two voices as one of the bulky zombies smacks him hard with its club. He felt the magic of his equipment react to his thoughts, as an aura of thorns began to whirl around him, and a glow flashed out to touch those around him as he brought back his sword.

"Foul dead, face the wrath of my Goddess. Turn and fight, or perish in her judgment!"

((Assuming I hit, 8 + healing surge for Symon, Weston and Cromwell, and 8 for Karl, Alexander and Nadarr. And most of the zombies should hopefully try to stumble around to come say hello to Karl, which will hopefully clear up the right side and let Alexander and Nadarr fall in... once Alexander can move again.))   

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: June 14, 2014, 03:59:43 am »

((What I find amusing is that most zombies are really low on health, but still going. I could've swore we did atleast 20 damage before they came in bulk.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: June 14, 2014, 07:16:16 am »

((I agree, I think if we threw out some more AoE, a lot of the regular zombies would go down pretty quickly. Especially if we get another Chaos Bolt mega-bounce through there.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: June 14, 2014, 10:10:09 am »

((I agree, I think if we threw out some more AoE, a lot of the regular zombies would go down pretty quickly. Especially if we get another Chaos Bolt mega-bounce through there.))
((What you guys need is to crit. Critical hits always drop zombies to 0hp

EDIT:

The shield doesn't work on multiple, its one ally and with normal, not temporary hp. May want to fix your post

DOUBLE EDIT:
Also, you can only use one daily item power per milestone))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:59:48 am by highmax28 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: June 14, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

Hey, just a heads up. I'm going to be sorta completely disappearing from the forums for a while. I have no idea for how long, so just put Symon on autopilot until I come back, okay? You seem to be doing a fine job with Cromwell after all.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: June 14, 2014, 03:02:16 pm »

Hey, just a heads up. I'm going to be sorta completely disappearing from the forums for a while. I have no idea for how long, so just put Symon on autopilot until I come back, okay? You seem to be doing a fine job with Cromwell after all.

((I bet this'll turbo-boost the whole game :D))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: June 14, 2014, 03:08:10 pm »

((Errr, won't the party realise something is happening if players keep...being possessed?))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: June 14, 2014, 03:16:42 pm »

((Errr, won't the party realise something is happening if players keep...being possessed?))

((In the beggining we were humans, dragonborn and elves... in the end our bodies were all that remained. A husk of their former selves, set out to destroy the world from within itself.

Yep. Sounds like a selling point.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »

((Sorry, too tired to go find it back, but I thought that the item power limit was removed in the errata... But yeah, I'll revamp my actions.))

Action Point: Righteous Smite on FC2 if alive, Z5 if dead

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: June 14, 2014, 09:39:32 pm »

((Sorry, too tired to go find it back, but I thought that the item power limit was removed in the errata... But yeah, I'll revamp my actions.))

Action Point: Righteous Smite on FC2 if alive, Z5 if dead

You use valorous smite on the Flesh-Crazed undead! (18+9) You hit, dealing (2+6+4) damage! You mark everyone around you up to 3 squares away! You swing again with Righteous smite! (18+9) You hit again, dealing (5+7+4) damage! Flesh-Crazed Zombie2 is bloodied!

Z9 moves up!

Nadarr begins his turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: June 14, 2014, 10:18:40 pm »

Standard: Second wind (Cloak makes it two)
Action Point: Fire Shroud with Enlarge Spell
Minor: Turn on Light on my Staff! Activate the Staff's Daily!
Move: Shift one South

Nadarr stands with his cloak pulsing with red veins, the eldritch spells woven into the fabric giving the cloth a strange, ruby hue. Renewed, he lifts his arms, and with a roar to strike terror into any foe, he releases the flame of his being before pounding his staff into the ground. Ripples of light travel outwards, knocking against and into enemies, searing their undead flesh. As the Shade is banished, he snarls at the enemy, shouting You took Aurel, you bloody undead bastards! But you will not take Nadarr! So saying, he wraps his cloak around himself and moves away from their snarling, burning features.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 344