Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 341783 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): The Return of the Vampire
« Reply #3615 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:19 am »

((What the hell, Karl clearly has a gift for it. One point into Blacksmithing as well! Did Karl really produce nearly 900 nails himself?))

Karl thanks the smith as he runs his fingers over the blade of his sword, the dwarvern rune slowly fading into view through the silver that now gleams brightly across its entire length. "You do excellent work, good sir. I know who I'll speak to first for any smithing needs."

Back at the apothecary, he gives Thyra a smile at her blush, and pats Symon on the shoulder. "You look a lot better, Symon, thanks to the work of this gentleman and Thyra."

Once the party is done in the apothecary, Karl will use Streetwise to look for an enchanter and see what enchantments are offered. He'll also look for any magic armor he can make use of.

Karl smiles crookedly. "I think you can take it easy for a few hours. Given what we earned in the bandit camps, a blacksmith we visited while Thyra was helping cure you made a good point - we'd better make sure we're prepared for the fortress. We can see about getting your flail enchanted or silvered if you'd like, and I was planning to look around if there were any merchants or enchanters that could handle enchanted armor."

((I love Symon "Oh good, I'm not a vampire. Let's get going!| *faceplant*))

((The naivety of children, eh?))

(?) You eventually go find the local enchanter, leaving Symon and Thyra behind. The enchanter is there and asks what kind of enchantments are you looking for for your armor (keeping you alive, making you resist damage, etc.) If you have the armor or weapon to enchant, there's a small discount for not getting the item and just getting the ritual components, the labor costs, etc. The enchanter also says that for a small fee of a portion of the items worth, he'll discover the enchantment on an item if you wish it. ((You still have the dagger and the shield to discover))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: June 05, 2014, 09:26:05 am »

Symon's mouth works open and shut for a bit as he tries to think what to say, and then he just nods. "Okay... C-can you do it f-for me? I'm..." He shrugs to encompass his current situation.

((I love Symon "Oh good, I'm not a vampire. Let's get going!| *faceplant*))

((Damn it, I was literally just about to post that before you interrupted. :P))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: June 05, 2014, 09:29:15 am »

((Is there any reason to get my weapons silvered, considering I never actually stab or hit people with them?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: June 05, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

((Not really, setting people on fire (can) bypass the need to hit them with silver to get through damage immunity.

Um... what dagger, Highmax? Am I supposed to have one that I forgot to note down?))

Karl negotiates with the enchanter, and insists that if the man can't discover anything about his shield, there would be no cost on his part. As for enchantments, he dryly notes both of those would go towards the same goal - keeping him alive. For specifics, he has heard of a traveling paladin of his order speak of a 'black iron' enchantment or type of armor that resists both fire and the necrotic effects of some undead, but as he had been a squire at the time, he hadn't been able to ask further questions.

Karl also sets Symon's heavy flail beside his shield and asks if the enchanter could recommend any enchantments for the weapon.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: June 05, 2014, 09:56:52 am »

((I think Alexander has a dagger yet to be discovered.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:02 am »

Shop for cloth armor! Preferably something that might come in handy against undead.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:29 am »

((Ah. Well, I'm happy to assume that you asked Karl to get it identified and that he brought it along if you are.))

((If that's the case...))
Karl negotiates the cost of identifying the dagger separately from the shield.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: June 05, 2014, 10:38:43 am »

((Not really, setting people on fire (can) bypass the need to hit them with silver to get through damage immunity.

Um... what dagger, Highmax? Am I supposed to have one that I forgot to note down?))

Karl negotiates with the enchanter, and insists that if the man can't discover anything about his shield, there would be no cost on his part. As for enchantments, he dryly notes both of those would go towards the same goal - keeping him alive. For specifics, he has heard of a traveling paladin of his order speak of a 'black iron' enchantment or type of armor that resists both fire and the necrotic effects of some undead, but as he had been a squire at the time, he hadn't been able to ask further questions.

Karl also sets Symon's heavy flail beside his shield and asks if the enchanter could recommend any enchantments for the weapon.

The enchanter says there are two armors that work similarly, depending on what you're after. The black iron armor you asked for, he's willnig to enchant your platemail, and there is also Ebon Armor which resists necrotic effects and holds some slight undead energies in it.

(7+9) He scoffs you and attempts to discover the enchantment on the shield. (?) He says its a battleforged shield with a little extra thrown on. He says pay him 150gp and he'll not only tell you the effects, but he will give the shield back.

As for Symon's heavy flail, you explain that its for your avenger friend. The enchant smiles and says he has the perfect enchantmet for it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Ah. Well, I'm happy to assume that you asked Karl to get it identified and that he brought it along if you are.))

((If that's the case...))
Karl negotiates the cost of identifying the dagger separately from the shield.
The enchanter does his thing and says the cost will be 68gp for figuring out the enchantment after he says its a point blank dagger.

Shop for cloth armor! Preferably something that might come in handy against undead.
The enchanter pulls up a small list of things he can enchant and says the only thing he can offer you what you're looking for is armor of resistance (520gp) and have it so it resists necrotic damage.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: June 05, 2014, 10:47:17 am »

"You know, you're probably going to see a lot of business from us over the next few days. Perhaps we could work out some sort of discounted rate for these things?"
((Diplomacy!))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:21 am »

"You know, you're probably going to see a lot of business from us over the next few days. Perhaps we could work out some sort of discounted rate for these things?"
((Diplomacy!))
(17+7) He tilts his head as he ponders your statement. He says that he'll offer a little less and instead of 10% of the item's value, he'll offer 7.5% of the items value. He also asks how interested you are in enchanting the flail and getting the platemail to become black iron/ebon

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: June 05, 2014, 11:33:07 am »

"Well, that'd be a question to ask whoever will be using those items. But in the meantime, I'll take that anti-undead cloth armor you mentioned."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: June 05, 2014, 11:46:40 am »

((Potion Shop!!!))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: June 05, 2014, 04:47:58 pm »

Karl thumps a pouch heavy with coin down on the table. "fairly serious, actually." He says bluntly.

Karl shakes his head firmly at the Ebon Armor enchantment, having no desire to imbue the armor of his order with necromantic energies.

"The results of the two identifications, the black iron enchantment for me, the anti-undead cloth armor for Weston, and the avenger's enchantment for the flail. That's a good amount of work straight away, and paid immediately. Perhaps you could throw in a few runes of accuracy and power to the flail to close the deal?"

Karl uses diplomacy to attempt to persuade him to enchant Symon's flail to +1 as part of the work package.

((I'm not sure what you meant with the percentages there, highmax. Weston rolled high, so they're in our favor, but I'm not sure how they translate to the cost of the enchantments. If they only cover identification, they Karl will use diplomacy to haggle the enchantment prices, and I assume Weston will Aid Another on the process.

Either way, Karl will have everything done and pay for the work on Symon's flail from Symon's share, and the identifications and his armor from his share.

After we're done here, Karl will also arrange with the smith to have Symon's flail silvered. Either doing the work himself and renting the forge, trading work for work with the blacksmith or simply paying for the service, whatever is most practical.

I think that should cover me until tomorrow morning. :) ))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: June 05, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »

Symon tries to rest and recover, mumbling a few quiet prayers to Bahamut for a speedy recovery. It's pretty obvious that he's anxious to get going though.

((I dunno. It's not like Symon can really talk to anybody so I'm just twiddling my thumbs here I guess.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: June 05, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

((I'll take the Blacksmithing point))

Nadarr, if he's with the others, asks what he could do that would befit a wizard, and quickly runs through the items he possesses

If not with the others, he looks for a magic shop.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 344